Chevrolet Orlando New MPV

Patricklyb

Hello guys...

Traded in my VW Golf 7 1.4TSI for the Orlando a few weeks back before the June 2nd COE bid, nett price was S$126,000. Collecting car end July. Asked for White & Yellow plates, but SE claims its Alpine policy to only issue black plates. Doesn't quite make sense to me as all my previous Cars AD had no problem throwing in w/y plates.

Other than that, power wise, the Golf is 119bhp with 200Nm torque, which is similar to the Orlando, but weigh in 1262kg instead of 1650kg, as i'm often driving at full load, I can almost imagine driving around in the Orlando day-to-day, it shouldn't be that bad i guess, definite not underpowered... just probably less powered than the golf; which is btw quite fast and nimble at handling. Anyway main reason for trading in the golf is due to the need for bigger cabin space, and also partly the unreliable DSG DC GBox... which was a pain but really smooth to drive though. Wet Gbox always got problem, regardless whether they switch from synthetic to mineral oil, imho.

Must commend that the boot space can be converted to 7 seats, which can come in handy when planning an impromptu family dinner and day-trip.

Random thoughts...

Any bros here has met up or road-trip together yet?

Welcome to the Chevy family! What colour did you get for your Orlando? I'll be driving to Melaka on 25th-26th of July.

↡ Advertisement

Hello guys...

Traded in my VW Golf 7 1.4TSI for the Orlando a few weeks back before the June 2nd COE bid, nett price was S$126,000. Collecting car end July. Asked for White & Yellow plates, but SE claims its Alpine policy to only issue black plates. Doesn't quite make sense to me as all my previous Cars AD had no problem throwing in w/y plates.

Other than that, power wise, the Golf is 119bhp with 200Nm torque, which is similar to the Orlando, but weigh in 1262kg instead of 1650kg, as i'm often driving at full load, I can almost imagine driving around in the Orlando day-to-day, it shouldn't be that bad i guess, definite not underpowered... just probably less powered than the golf; which is btw quite fast and nimble at handling. Anyway main reason for trading in the golf is due to the need for bigger cabin space, and also partly the unreliable DSG DC GBox... which was a pain but really smooth to drive though. Wet Gbox always got problem, regardless whether they switch from synthetic to mineral oil, imho.

Must commend that the boot space can be converted to 7 seats, which can come in handy when planning an impromptu family dinner and day-trip.

Random thoughts...

Any bros here has met up or road-trip together yet?

Nice to hear that another Orlando will hit the road soon. I believed the Orlando will not disappoint you, I already had the Orlando for nearly 4 months now and Have done 3 road trips to Malaysia. I always travel with 5 adults and 1 small child and I always enjoyed the drive up North because it's a good cruiser on the highway.

I am planning to travel to Ipoh soon.

Go there servicing is it cheaper

Not sure servicing there is cheaper or not cause I have not asked about their packages. I was wondering the show room in Permas Jaya is still around or not.

Welcome to the Chevy family! What colour did you get for your Orlando? I'll be driving to Melaka on 25th-26th of July.

hehe... thanks bro Biglittlebean~ lookin fwd much...

The colour we chose was Satin Steel Grey

I parked beside an Orlando today, it was a black one...

post-130523-0-11343500-1435594275.jpg

Also.. lately been seeing some Orlandos around my office basement carpark@The Concourse... haha...

post-130523-0-99675100-1435594300.jpg

And another at Toa Payoh a few weeks back... haha

post-130523-0-52065100-1435594311.jpg

PATRTAN

Posted Yesterday, 12:14 AM

Nice to hear that another Orlando will hit the road soon. I believed the Orlando will not disappoint you, I already had the Orlando for nearly 4 months now and Have done 3 road trips to Malaysia. I always travel with 5 adults and 1 small child and I always enjoyed the drive up North because it's a good cruiser on the highway.

>>>Sounds like fun bros... Lookin fwd...

not sure if I'm right but www.sgchevroletclub.com seems quiet... not much mentioned on the Orlando... [wave]

• Praise 1

What is the average FC you guys are getting? Anyone knows the latest price?

Hey Palden...

As listed on SGCARMART

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Promotion

newcars_smallphoto_frames_100x75.gif
11059_tn.jpg

Promotion at Alpine Motors

Hotline: 6511 3033

Drive away the Chevrolet Orlando 1.4 Turbo from $126,999.

- Free 3 years servicing.

- 5 years unlimited mileage warranty.

- 5 years warranty.

- GPS infotainment & navigational system.

- Reverse camera.

- Cruise control.

- Theater-style seating.

- Steering wheel audio control.

- 2nd row air conditioning.

- Powerful 140bhp turbo charged engine.

- Fuel consumption: 7.1L/100km.

- CO2 emission: 165g/km.

Visit Alpine Centre to book a test drive today!

Promotion ends on: 03-Jul-2015 Posted on: 27-Jun-201

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I think you can get a better price now... I bought before the COE lowered from 75 to 71.5k... so listed promo price was S$3k higher... i.e. S$129,999

Today when I stopped by Alpine to collect some documents, there was only 1 customer... think auto industry quiet... if bargain with your chequebook in fullview, think 120 may be possible... kkkk [laugh]

Random thought:

3rd time I visit Alpine showroom... 3rd time I shamelessly hopped into the display car... [nod]

What is the average FC you guys are getting? Anyone knows the latest price?

I am still getting around 9.0 to 9.1 litres per 100km after driving it for about 4 months base on the display. That's About what I am getting from my 6 years old Avante before I sold it off.

Base On the size of the Orlando I still think it's quite efficient as I always travel on a near full Load. :a-m1212:

hehe... thanks bro Biglittlebean~ lookin fwd much...

The colour we chose was Satin Steel Grey

I parked beside an Orlando today, it was a black one...

attachicon.gifP_20150629_190401_HDR.jpg

Also.. lately been seeing some Orlandos around my office basement carpark@The Concourse... haha...

attachicon.gifP_20150615_163228_HDR.jpg

And another at Toa Payoh a few weeks back... haha

attachicon.gifP_20150623_091006_HDR.jpg

PATRTAN

Posted Yesterday, 12:14 AM

>>>Sounds like fun bros... Lookin fwd...

not sure if I'm right but www.sgchevroletclub.com seems quiet... not much mentioned on the Orlando... [wave]

Wa, Trying to count how many Orlando is on the road before your new ride come ha. [:p]

I am still getting around 9.0 to 9.1 litres per 100km after driving it for about 4 months base on the display. That's About what I am getting from my 6 years old Avante before I sold it off.

Base On the size of the Orlando I still think it's quite efficient as I always travel on a near full Load. :a-m1212:

Wa, Trying to count how many Orlando is on the road before your new ride come ha. [:p]

Haha...

btw...

9.0 on the Orlando (~11km/L) is not too bad...

Haha...

btw...

9.0 on the Orlando (~11km/L) is not too bad...

For me, my FC have improved from 9.1 litre per 100km to anout 8.9litres per 100 km. It may be that my engine is now more run in as I clocked 6500km mileage.

(edited)

For me, my FC have improved from 9.1 litre per 100km to anout 8.9litres per 100 km. It may be that my engine is now more run in as I clocked 6500km mileage.

After your 10000km servicing when the factory mineral oil is replaced with a thinner synthetic oil, your FC would be much better than now.

Today I just noticed my current fuel tank (engine is already on synthetic oil) has exceeded an unseen-before 300km at the half-tank level. Hoping that this tank would last me to 600km for the current tank.

Edited by Maverick713

Not sure servicing there is cheaper or not cause I have not asked about their packages. I was wondering the show room in Permas Jaya is still around or not.

Did my first road trip to the mountainous regions and muddy roads in the Cameron Highlands a few weeks after getting my Orlando, followed by long journeys to Teluk Intan in Perak, KL and Malacca using its built-in GPS for nagivation.

This is born road-cruiser. It not just looks very solid, it also feels very comfortable.

Hi all, my first car was Optra 1.6A Sedan (2005 - 2008) and my second car was 2.0A Epica (2008-2014). As my Epica had crashed beyond economic repair towards the end of last year (total loss), it "sacrificed itself" by protecting me before "it reitred". That is, it had made multiple collisions at various points of the concrete walls of the PIE/CTE viaduct so much so that though both air-bags were activated and exterior was totally gone, interior cabin remained completely intact! Others said it was the hardness of the ultra-strength high density chasis steel caging that saved me. Other similar cases would either mean death, total permanent disability or disfigurement.

Since then, I have always wanted to buy the Orlando 1.4T. Visiting the showroom in the post-CNY period this year and having test-driven it, loved it like crazy! At that time because I missed the demo units at $116k, the offer was $124k without the freebies (i.e. no free servicing except the first one at 1,000km). I didn't buy because I was hoping for the COE to go down.

But just some time ago, the price had shot up to $136k! Thank goodness of late the price has gone down to $127k (3k more, but comes with 3-year free servicing).

As the past 3 COE pricing has been on the slow declining trend, I wonder if I should wait or go straight to the showroom to make my purchase (on non-guaranteed 6-bidding). Why?

I forecast that COEs will continue to drop progressively (but slowly) owing to the following reasons, that buying in the August period is ideal:

1. Rush to evade carbon tax is over (many buyers bidded before Jul to evade this).

2. Backlogs of earlier purchases are largely cleared.

3. August is 7th Month or the hungry ghost festival - many middle-age (and older) Chinese will be supertitious to buying cars during this month.

4. More COE quota is released (and that many cars are reaching their 10th-year mark soon).

5. It is likely that the govt is calling for the next GE soon, so COE will sure drop.

6. During SG50, many are busy celebrating so fewer bidders for COE.

7. The Greek financial crisis has spillover effects on plunges on the stock market worldwide - it may be the tip-of-the-ice-berg in manifesting the beginning symptoms of the next economic recession.

So do you think my speculation is reasonable? But I can't wait too long because I'm likely to collect my new house's key in October this year, so need to get a car before that. If COEs continue to remain high (my ideal purchase price for the Orlando including COE is in the range of $9X,XXX), do you think I should "extend my threshold period" by buying a left-2-years Kia Cerato costing about $23,000?

After your 10000km servicing when the factory mineral oil is replaced with a thinner synthetic oil, your FC would be much better than now.

Today I just noticed my current fuel tank (engine is already on synthetic oil) has exceeded an unseen-before 300km at the half-tank level. Hoping that this tank would last me to 600km for the current tank.

that's awesome.

+++++++++++++

Btw, anyone toyed with the idea of adding spacers to them wheels?

Glad you got away unscathed. [thumbsup] Very inspiring words for an impending Chevy owner.

If I may point out.... the total basic cost for the Orlando is... abt~ S$115k (that was May figure, it should have come down to S$109k by now). safe to say AD takes between S$10,000 to S$15,000 profit (depending on whether they throw in freebies).

For net price to reach S$9X,XXX range... COE's got to dip at least S$20,000 to S$30,000.

Haha... it will definitely be interesting to watch your predictions unfold! :D

Hi all, my first car was Optra 1.6A Sedan (2005 - 2008) and my second car was 2.0A Epica (2008-2014). As my Epica had crashed beyond economic repair towards the end of last year (total loss), it "sacrificed itself" by protecting me before "it reitred". That is, it had made multiple collisions at various points of the concrete walls of the PIE/CTE viaduct so much so that though both air-bags were activated and exterior was totally gone, interior cabin remained completely intact! Others said it was the hardness of the ultra-strength high density chasis steel caging that saved me. Other similar cases would either mean death, total permanent disability or disfigurement.

Since then, I have always wanted to buy the Orlando 1.4T. Visiting the showroom in the post-CNY period this year and having test-driven it, loved it like crazy! At that time because I missed the demo units at $116k, the offer was $124k without the freebies (i.e. no free servicing except the first one at 1,000km). I didn't buy because I was hoping for the COE to go down.

But just some time ago, the price had shot up to $136k! Thank goodness of late the price has gone down to $127k (3k more, but comes with 3-year free servicing).

As the past 3 COE pricing has been on the slow declining trend, I wonder if I should wait or go straight to the showroom to make my purchase (on non-guaranteed 6-bidding). Why?

I forecast that COEs will continue to drop progressively (but slowly) owing to the following reasons, that buying in the August period is ideal:

1. Rush to evade carbon tax is over (many buyers bidded before Jul to evade this).

2. Backlogs of earlier purchases are largely cleared.

3. August is 7th Month or the hungry ghost festival - many middle-age (and older) Chinese will be supertitious to buying cars during this month.

4. More COE quota is released (and that many cars are reaching their 10th-year mark soon).

5. It is likely that the govt is calling for the next GE soon, so COE will sure drop.

6. During SG50, many are busy celebrating so fewer bidders for COE.

7. The Greek financial crisis has spillover effects on plunges on the stock market worldwide - it may be the tip-of-the-ice-berg in manifesting the beginning symptoms of the next economic recession.

So do you think my speculation is reasonable? But I can't wait too long because I'm likely to collect my new house's key in October this year, so need to get a car before that. If COEs continue to remain high (my ideal purchase price for the Orlando including COE is in the range of $9X,XXX), do you think I should "extend my threshold period" by buying a left-2-years Kia Cerato costing about $23,000?

Random Thoughts:

GM's Chevrolet seems like an up and coming global player, they have done much to build the brand. They have come a long way to understanding consumer preference. There's a distinct feel about how the Orlando was engineered (by the Germans) the same feeling and vibe from customers who buy a VW Golf.

Balance~

Glad you got away unscathed. [thumbsup] Very inspiring words for an impending Chevy owner.

If I may point out.... the total basic cost for the Orlando is... abt~ S$115k (that was May figure, it should have come down to S$109k by now). safe to say AD takes between S$10,000 to S$15,000 profit (depending on whether they throw in freebies).

For net price to reach S$9X,XXX range... COE's got to dip at least S$20,000 to S$30,000.

Haha... it will definitely be interesting to watch your predictions unfold! :D

Random Thoughts:

GM's Chevrolet seems like an up and coming global player, they have done much to build the brand. They have come a long way to understanding consumer preference. There's a distinct feel about how the Orlando was engineered (by the Germans) the same feeling and vibe from customers who buy a VW Golf.

Balance~

GM is indeed taking competition very seriously. I just received a call from GM regional office staff to ask for feedback on the orlando two weeks ago. They ask many questions which includes the service standard of Alpine and also a long lists of questions on the new car (eg: fuel consumption, engine performance, interior quality and noise level.) :a-m1212:

Looking forward to my 10,000KM servicing. Mine is an OPC but have already clock more than 6,000KM in about 5 months. Can anyone share how much is the first 10K Servicing? I was told during my 1K Check that Orlando comes with fully synthetic oil from the factory that's why there is no need to change oil on hitting 1K.

Looking forward to my 10,000KM servicing. Mine is an OPC but have already clock more than 6,000KM in about 5 months. Can anyone share how much is the first 10K Servicing? I was told during my 1K Check that Orlando comes with fully synthetic oil from the factory that's why there is no need to change oil on hitting 1K.

Going for my 10k servicing in Aug. Mine is free, but I remembered that the SE mentioned that the 10k servicing is around $200 or slightly less. You can give the service centre a call to find out as well.

TideChas3r, isn't my prediction coming closer and closer?

Not only were the last 3 COE results on the download trend, yesterday's bidding was $6,000 lower for Cat B (Orlando's category).

So when it comes August when I will then visit the showroom, Orlando's net price (after all discounts) dropping further till $9X,XXX isn't improbable.

TideChas3r, isn't my prediction coming closer and closer?

Not only were the last 3 COE results on the download trend, yesterday's bidding was $6,000 lower for Cat B (Orlando's category).

So when it comes August when I will then visit the showroom, Orlando's net price (after all discounts) dropping further till $9X,XXX isn't improbable.

The number of Cat B COE between July & Aug is not many. I don't think there will be significant drop in the premium. I'll be very happy to see $120K. Last week was still $130K.

↡ Advertisement