Chevrolet Orlando New MPV

Patricklyb

I thought GM will be phasing out the 1.8NA 140bhp engine to be replaced by the 1.4T 140bhp engine instead?

Alpine should request for the 1.6T 180bhp engine to be in the Orlando and Cruze instead.

I really don't think the 140bhp is enough for what it essentially is a 7-seater vehicle [be it a 5+2 or a full 7-seater, which I doubt it is].

And at such prices, thanks to the high CAT B COE, I seriously doubt it'll sell well, this Orlando.

Then again, speaking of the Citroen C4GP, when the 2.0L engine was replaced with the 1.6T 140bhp years ago, it was pretty popular considering it's selling at the same price as a Wish 2.0L then.

But it seems that I hardly see the C4GP on the road now. Where did they all go? And it's not as if the owners traded-in for the Peugeot 5008 with a conventional 6-sp Auto gearbox [the C4GP is using the 6EGS- automated manual gearbox]. The 5008 is even rarer.....

And the Toyota Wish is still a pretty common sight on our roads!

So.....

Edited by Proton_neutron
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

0-100kph in 11.8s.

For a 1.8L, that's really slow. When a Wish can do it in 11.0s.

to be fair, dun tink anyone buys a 7-seat SUV for dragging 0-100.

but in daily urban trafiic, it'll prob feel very sluggish. somemore NA low torque.

i tried the 1.8L cruze b4 which is prob at least 200kg lighter, and it oredi felt sluggish.

to be fair, dun tink anyone buys a 7-seat SUV for dragging 0-100.

but in daily urban trafiic, it'll prob feel very sluggish. somemore NA low torque.

i tried the 1.8L cruze b4 which is prob at least 200kg lighter, and it oredi felt sluggish.

Yeap. I agree, people shopping for MPV, probably isn't looking at the performance, handling, speed....etc.

They just want a transport to be able to get their family from point A to point B.

But I suppose what's important for a 1.8L is a decently quiet engine? An engine that is able to go along with the traffic that isn't shouty or protests when revved?? The Wish does this job well. I doubt the Orlando does it this well.

And the price of the Orlando puts it very closely to the $134k Chevy Captiva 2.4LT SUV.....

Yeap. I agree, people shopping for MPV, probably isn't looking at the performance, handling, speed....etc.

They just want a transport to be able to get their family from point A to point B.

But I suppose what's important for a 1.8L is a decently quiet engine? An engine that is able to go along with the traffic that isn't shouty or protests when revved?? The Wish does this job well. I doubt the Orlando does it this well.

And the price of the Orlando puts it very closely to the $134k Chevy Captiva 2.4LT SUV.....

yes, i really wonder, people keep talk about performance in mpv !

About the price Orlando and Captiva, i think it is make different on the next 10 years road tax :D

yes, i really wonder, people keep talk about performance in mpv !

About the price Orlando and Captiva, i think it is make different on the next 10 years road tax :D

Well, besides the difference in the road tax between a 1.8L and 2.4L, and the fuel bills,

seriously, don't you think AM is shooting themselves in the leg with such close prices between the Orlando and Captiva???

The Orlando does look a bit like a van though, thanks to the boxy styling. No getting away from that!

Well, besides the difference in the road tax between a 1.8L and 2.4L, and the fuel bills,

seriously, don't you think AM is shooting themselves in the leg with such close prices between the Orlando and Captiva???

The Orlando does look a bit like a van though, thanks to the boxy styling. No getting away from that!

mi too found it like a van but the inside look good!

cruize control/navtrak/6 speed AT.....etc

Orlando wheelbase 2760, length 4652

Captiva wheelbase 2707, length 4673

I wonder if the 3rd row in Orlando more spacious then Captiva

* compare with Wish wheelbase 2750, length 4590

Orlando wheelbase 2760, length 4652

Captiva wheelbase 2707, length 4673

I wonder if the 3rd row in Orlando more spacious then Captiva

* compare with Wish wheelbase 2750, length 4590

All these cars are 5+2 lah. Can't take full-sized adults in the 3rd row one.

So why you bother about the 3rd row seats being more spacious???

Neutral Newbie

I thought GM will be phasing out the 1.8NA 140bhp engine to be replaced by the 1.4T 140bhp engine instead?

Alpine should request for the 1.6T 180bhp engine to be in the Orlando and Cruze instead.

I really don't think the 140bhp is enough for what it essentially is a 7-seater vehicle [be it a 5+2 or a full 7-seater, which I doubt it is].

And at such prices, thanks to the high CAT B COE, I seriously doubt it'll sell well, this Orlando.

Then again, speaking of the Citroen C4GP, when the 2.0L engine was replaced with the 1.6T 140bhp years ago, it was pretty popular considering it's selling at the same price as a Wish 2.0L then.

But it seems that I hardly see the C4GP on the road now. Where did they all go? And it's not as if the owners traded-in for the Peugeot 5008 with a conventional 6-sp Auto gearbox [the C4GP is using the 6EGS- automated manual gearbox]. The 5008 is even rarer.....

And the Toyota Wish is still a pretty common sight on our roads!

So.....

Still alot of people worry parts and repair for conti cars...

• Praise 2