Chevrolet Orlando New MPV

Patricklyb

Just called Alpine Motors. All Orlando under the special offer were sold. The next shipment will arrive in Sept 2013

it seems like quite a big hit here.. is it spacious?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)

it seems like quite a big hit here.. is it spacious?

I never test drive but went to the showroom to see see look look with a friend. It's not spacious as compared to the Vellfire but I find it snug...for the driver. Centre row of seats has average space. Third row seats are for children, for adults you will feel like squatting instead of sitting. It feels more like a 5+2 in terms of seating arrangements.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

I never test drive but went to the showroom to see see look look with a friend. It's not spacious as compared to the Vellfire but I find it snug...for the driver. Centre row of seats has average space. Third row seats are for children, for adults you will feel like squatting instead of sitting. It feels more like a 5+2 in terms of seating arrangements.

HAHAA.. like that.. I think it's comparable to Stream like that?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

The one in US drama, they normally use Chevrolet suburban,,, sometimes u will also see Cadillac escalade and GMC yukon.. Mostly are for domestic use.. Mostly are also above 6litres and V8..

• Praise 1

Hi

I'm new to forum. Need to hijack the post cause I could not start new post. Just got my Orlando for 3 weeks and recently just change the headlights from orange color to 6k (white light) and T10 led parking light. Please take note it Blubs only and the specification of the blub are 12V55Watt type which is identical to original specification. After driving for 1 day, my car audio screen and navigation system went hay-wired. Went back to Alpine Motor and the technician told me because of the LED and white blubs light jeopardize the whole car system. They insist me to replace back to original lighting or the 5 years warranty will be VOIDED. Any experts can advise me is this true that chevy car cannot change to white light blubs or T10 LED light blubs.

• Praise 1

Re white lights and compromising on your car's information and entertainment system.

My feeling is thats b-------t and the technician trying to get away with doing a job.

First time I hear of this.

Even BMWs and VWs which are laden with electronics do not have these challenges.

• Praise 1

If you do not have the original already, tell them to change it to original, if thats proven to be the case, you pay for the original.

• Praise 1

In fact the light have been changed and the system go hay wired. After changing back to original bulb, it back to normal. Questioned hin and say chevy car has canbus system install so those lighting jeopardize the system. Is that true with canbus system cannot install white lights blub. :wacko:

• Praise 1

if your white light bulbs refers to those LED type, u have to get those cabus LED... those normal ones onlt work well on normal jap/korean where there is no canbus system

• Praise 1

Bro. Just curious, how's the Orlando so far after driving for a few weeks? FC good? Smooth transmission? Noisy? Etc...

Just want to know, as I'm considering this for future change; if I can still afford? Any other orlando drivers can else can comment.

• Praise 1

In fact the light have been changed and the system go hay wired. After changing back to original bulb, it back to normal. Questioned hin and say chevy car has canbus system install so those lighting jeopardize the system. Is that true with canbus system cannot install white lights blub. :wacko:

canbus system is a mechatronics Comm Systems, I believe your white lights bulb is those of OEM or "Chiong" kind, so check the spec b4 install, or LL stay with Original. [:/]

• Praise 1

Bro

my white light blub are those blubs (H4 & H8) easily purchase on market like Autobags or any car sold but T10 LED maybe OEM type. Meaning to say. I need to purchase those LED with canbus technology then can use on my car?

if your white light bulbs refers to those LED type, u have to get those cabus LED... those normal ones onlt work well on normal jap/korean where there is no canbus system

Bro

So far after driving for few weeks, FC is like 8.0KM/L. most of the time driving journey is (urban/city) lot of stops (red lights) and picking up.

But recently I have upgraded to my tire from 205/65/R16 (MICHELIN HP) to 225/50/R17 type (YOKOHAMA EARTH 1). Driving about 1 week with that new tire/ FC can reach about 8.5KM/L same journey (urban/city).

To me, own feeling "Orlando" have quite smooth transmission will picking up and comfortable while driving it even I am really big in size. Don't really feel noisy but when if full loaded (last 2 seat also loaded) A/C must on to max which is abit noisy then.

Btw, will be going Penang soon somewhere in July. After coming back will post in forum how is the FC like.

Bro. Just curious, how's the Orlando so far after driving for a few weeks? FC good? Smooth transmission? Noisy? Etc...

Just want to know, as I'm considering this for future change; if I can still afford? Any other orlando drivers can else can comment.

Bro

meaning I have to try with "CANBUS" LED for my T10 parking ample light but how abt those normal headlight like (H4) and fog lights (H8). Does this headlights have "CANBUS" technology?

canbus system is a mechatronics Comm Systems, I believe your white lights bulb is those of OEM or "Chiong" kind, so check the spec b4 install, or LL stay with Original. [:/]

Bro

So far after driving for few weeks, FC is like 8.0KM/L. most of the time driving journey is (urban/city) lot of stops (red lights) and picking up.

But recently I have upgraded to my tire from 205/65/R16 (MICHELIN HP) to 225/50/R17 type (YOKOHAMA EARTH 1). Driving about 1 week with that new tire/ FC can reach about 8.5KM/L same journey (urban/city).

To me, own feeling "Orlando" have quite smooth transmission will picking up and comfortable while driving it even I am really big in size. Don't really feel noisy but when if full loaded (last 2 seat also loaded) A/C must on to max which is abit noisy then.

Btw, will be going Penang soon somewhere in July. After coming back will post in forum how is the FC like.

So how is the Orlando for that kind of long journey?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guys,

I am on the edge of changing my beloved Honda Stream to the amercian dream 1.4turbo orlando. So I would like to check with those who is owning or has owed before to give some valuable advise before signing the paper.

I have had no problem with my honda stream at all even its already 6yrs old. So i will be wondering whether does 1.4 turbo orlando has such standard as compared to 1.8 ivtec stream.

Please give some advise so that i wont burn big hole on my pocket. Thanks

Bro

• Praise 1

Hi Bro

To me the Orlando 1.8 is really a good drive. Try driving up to penang. It can hit abt 18km/l with 17" rim profile 225/55. Most importantly I'm loaded with 7 adult 3 kids.

the topnspeed I managed to hit abt 180km with quite stable but then same like other abt noisy.

Overall, 1.8 Orlando is already so nice while I believe 1.4T will be nicer. Somemore the horsepower almost the same like mine.

aenjoy owning one Orlando !!!! Welcome to Chervy..

Hi Guys,

I am on the edge of changing my beloved Honda Stream to the amercian dream 1.4turbo orlando. So I would like to check with those who is owning or has owed before to give some valuable advise before signing the paper.

I have had no problem with my honda stream at all even its already 6yrs old. So i will be wondering whether does 1.4 turbo orlando has such standard as compared to 1.8 ivtec stream.

Please give some advise so that i wont burn big hole on my pocket. Thanks

Sorry for the very very late reply.....

it can hit well with long journey. Abt 17km/l.

So how is the Orlando for that kind of long journey?

• Dislike 1

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for the quick respond. I am glad to hear that you are getting good mileage on your current ride. I would be considering it by end on next month. Im actually worry that 1.4 turbo version would have problem like VW. does anyone have any review on 1.4version ?

Hi Bro

To me the Orlando 1.8 is really a good drive. Try driving up to penang. It can hit abt 18km/l with 17" rim profile 225/55. Most importantly I'm loaded with 7 adult 3 kids.

the topnspeed I managed to hit abt 180km with quite stable but then same like other abt noisy.

Overall, 1.8 Orlando is already so nice while I believe 1.4T will be nicer. Somemore the horsepower almost the same like mine.

aenjoy owning one Orlando !!!! Welcome to Chervy..

Sorry for the very very late reply.....

it can hit well with long journey. Abt 17km/l.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1