How much would I be able to get back when the coe is up?

Hllow84

if i'm not wrong, ignoring body value, true paper value of the car is 20.5k + 7.2k = 28k

give another 5k for the body value the paper value should be around 33k but after COE expires you'll only take back 20.5k

How do we calculate the 20.5k to get back when Coe expired? Is it a portion of the OMV?

So if we can get back 20.5k in 2014 dec when we scrap the car does it means technically we are spending 30k for that3 years = 10k a year and ard 800 a month (ignoring the interest paid if we were to take loan). Is that correct?

When we scrap a car, does it matter if it was a second car, first hand car, third hand car or others?

OMV 37314 X 0.55 = 20500

per yr depreciation = ( 48800 - 20500 ) / number years left 3.25 = $8700 thereabouts

depends u will be able to get back more if u are able to sell at a good price

depends on the time u buy and sell

anyway the monthly for the rx-8 is quite high but road tax is cheap

i think its better to down at least half to even out the installment [:)]

Edited by Ithunk

OMV 37314 X 0.55 = 20500

per yr depreciation = ( 48800 - 20500 ) / number years left 3.25 = $8700 thereabouts

Scrap car standard is paper value + body ( pay u for the metal of the car ) hahah

your calculation is somehow similar to mine. ^_^

bought at $48.4k and paper value left about $32k plus now.

the remaining is $16k plus. remaining years to drive, per year dep will be around $8k plus.

End of the day, once the car is scrapped, you will get back paper value about $18k plus to $20k plus, depending how much car body will cost. ^_^

not to forget that this car is already going to 8 years old and left about 2 years of driving.

if nothing happened, still okay.

if parts wear and tear which is high likely, get prepared to fork out some bucks for the repair and stuffs.

just pray hard that the rotary engine will not disappoint you because if I am not wrong, there is no WS in SG can repair that, only can send back to Mazda AD, $$$.

End for the day, as quickly since the auto is scrapped, you will get back again cardstock worth about $18k as well as to $20k plus, depending how very much auto whole body will cost.

----------------------------------------------------

010545.jpg

skate shoes

010546.jpg

don't forget to factor in total cost of ownership

rx8 runs only on mineral oil (if i'm not wrong) and requires servicing every 5k, the engine eats mineral oil too so you'll constantly have to purchase and top up oil yourself

besides that the sg heat will damage the wheel bearings

the high petrol consumption means a fuel economy of only 8 - 9km/l

otherwise handling is superb according to top gear, car is stable even at speeds in excess of 150km/h (tried myself)

car is as fast as or even faster than other 2L turbo charged cars, you'll be able to take on wrx, evos and drift round corners ala skyline, prelude

for 8k depreciation per month only the wrx comes close, but a wrx is awd which will be up to personal preference

also a wrx will never be as cool to look at or have an interior as nice as a rx8

↡ Advertisement