Claim insurance for wind screen damage

Theman

Hi bro,

My car wind screen was damaged, although not entire broken, but there is a visible line crack at about 1 ft long, just wonder if I goign to claim for replacement by my insurance, will the insurer accept it sicne it is not broken? iever heard that soem insurer may not allow since it is not broken. is this true?

How you can share your experience and view.

thanks in advance.

↡ Advertisement

In your case, a foot-long crack line on your windscreen can get worse over time and you should get it replaced. For my case, previously I replaced my windscreen and paid $100 to the insurance and the claim did not affect my NCB. Read the fine print on your car insurance. Am sure it is covered. If you are not sure, just give your insurance company a call to find out.

Edited by Redstorm

In your case, a foot-long crack line on your windscreen can get worse over time and you should get it replaced. For my case, previously I replaced my windscreen and paid $100 to the insurance and the claim did not affect my NCB. Read the fine print on your car insurance. Am sure it is covered. If you are not sure, just give your insurance company a call to find out.

Thanks for the reply. ya, mine is the same, pay $100 for the replacement, and not affecting NCB. I just afraid they said is not serious and refuse to let me claim, will not be right?

secondly, was your windsreen being changed by your car dealer or 3rd party workshop? mine insurance need to replace at their authorised workshop.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for the reply. ya, mine is the same, pay $100 for the replacement, and not affecting NCB. I just afraid they said is not serious and refuse to let me claim, will not be right?

secondly, was your windsreen being changed by your car dealer or 3rd party workshop? mine insurance need to replace at their authorised workshop.

Just claim my windscreen last month. Windscreen cracked more than 1 foot long. It happened 1 year plus ago. As i afraid no car to use, so i just live with it until i failed my inspection last month. So LL send to agent to get it replace. left my car down there for 2 days. 1st day for changing windscreen n 2nd day for window film. Mine insurance Chartis. So can claim the window flim too. just pay $107.

"So in your case if u dont replace it, think will fail the inspection".

authorised workshop sure change for you even for minor one, because they can earn from your insurance company

normally how long does it takes to change windscreen? my windscreen full of stone chips

send in morning..can collect in the afternnoon...coz need time for the glue to dry up....at least 3 hrs i think ....i had mine replaced twice ...in a short span of few months...thnks to dipper trucks carrying those small stones

send in morning..can collect in the afternnoon...coz need time for the glue to dry up....at least 3 hrs i think ....i had mine replaced twice ...in a short span of few months...thnks to dipper trucks carrying those small stones

thank you. any workshop to recommend? also, will the workshop put the solar film (with charges of course) or have to do that after changing?

just for info.

changing of wind screen usually just need to pay S$100 and claim with your own insurance without affecting your NCD.

but if your wind screen had solar film with it, you need to pay your own solar film to the new wind screen..

Edited by Ladykillerz

You got PM

Hi bro,

My car wind screen was damaged, although not entire broken, but there is a visible line crack at about 1 ft long, just wonder if I goign to claim for replacement by my insurance, will the insurer accept it sicne it is not broken? iever heard that soem insurer may not allow since it is not broken. is this true?

How you can share your experience and view.

thanks in advance.

just for info.

changing of wind screen usually just need to pay S$100 and claim with your own insurance without affecting your NCD.

but if your wind screen had solar film with it, you need to pay your own solar film to the new wind screen..

yup, about $70 to 100

thank you. any workshop to recommend? also, will the workshop put the solar film (with charges of course) or have to do that after changing?

most should have tinting service also. the workshop will charge you for the solar film. see if you trust their film grade

I also replaced mine twice within two years. Did your insurance charge you more? Mine asked for $300 deposit in case windscreen break again. straight away changed another company

hi,

how about workmanship? you gues send it to insurance authorised wokshop or the car dealer workshop? I afriad the workmanship is diff..

and if change insurance authorised workshop, does it void the warranty?

i claimed once under MSIG. some mofo scratched my windscreen. anyw the workshop is in Sin Ming, aft replacment as good as new. no leaks bla bla

↡ Advertisement