Anyone know how to join Singapore Go-Karting CHampionship?

I-LOVE-CARS

Hi, may i know how to join SKC, i need information on

-What are the things i need

-How many people i need in a team

-Do i need to have my own go kart

-How much

-etc.

Cos i can;t find how to join on their website :wacko:

planing to join the 2012 season, but my parents say must see how much before they sposer me to go -_- since i have experince go-karting befor eand love it :D

-Btw i am 13 so i am joing the junior cat :)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

-How much

-etc.

planing to join the 2012 season, but my parents say must see how much before they sposer me to go -_- since i have experince go-karting befor eand love it :D

at least 20k sgd

msia will be cheaper

at least 20k sgd

msia will be cheaper

ZZZZz why is the fact that in SIngapore only the rich get to do what they like [:(] i was just telling my father 5k and he was like, i don;t have 5k and now fk off!! any idea if i could get sponsor?

ZZZZz why is the fact that in SIngapore only the rich get to do what they like [:(] i was just telling my father 5k and he was like, i don;t have 5k and now fk off!! any idea if i could get sponsor?

lol u need to win races first....not easy to be an racing driver in singapore

unless u look at ringo chong or mel choo....they have their own businesses and literally funding themselves to race

lol if yr dad is a former racing driver u will have a chance

like nico rosberg

anyway skc is nothing much unless u take part in formula 3 or formula 2

but yr parents will need to fund you and motor racing is the most expensive sport

go take up soccer or something low entry cost but good potential for sponsors and earning millions

Edited by Ithunk
  • Praise 1

-How much

-etc.

13yr old qualify meh? [:p]

think will be hard di di, better back to PS3 or Xbox :D

not enough you need about 20k and also win

u karted at kartright yet?

Edited by Ithunk

can check out this report

Kart Racing: Singapore's Andrew Tang in the hot seat at World Cup

SINGAPORE: The late great Ayrton Senna could only finish second twice on kart racing's grandest stage - in 1979 and 1980.

The Brazilian legend, regarded as the greatest Formula 1 driver in history, always said he regretted he didn't win one.

Fellow world champions Michael Schumacher, Fernando Alonso, Lewis Hamilton, Jenson Button and Kimi Raikkonmen all cut their teeth in the competition, although victory also eluded them all.

Elite kart racing has been the starting point in the careers of many Formula 1 world champions, and on Saturday, Andrew Tang hopes it will open up a route towards a successful motor-racing future for him, when the 16-year-old Singaporean lines up on the grid for the CIK-FIA Kart World Cup at Sarno, Italy.

The teen is the first Singaporean to qualify for the prestigious competition, earning his ticket during European qualifiers in May when he finished 16th out of 60 drivers in Grantham, England. Only the top 40 drivers were selected for the World Cup.

Andrew will vie with 102 kart competitors from all over the world on Saturday, hoping to make the final cut of 34 drivers for the main race the following day.

Dad Tang Siu Kan and mum Anita will be in Italy proudly supporting their son.

"Getting into the World Cup is a step forward in Andrew's ambition to be a racing driver, but I think pacing his development is important instead of rushing it," Tang told TODAY. "We just want him to focus on doing well and see how he measures up against some of the world's best young kart drivers."

TODAY first revealed Andrew's talent in 2006 after he won the Macau International Kart Grand Prix for boys between the ages of nine and 11.

But he stopped racing after that win, worn out by the tedious travelling across the Causeway to train and compete in Malaysia every weekend for three years.

When he had a change of heart in 2009, mum and dad were not impressed, and had to be convinced before they relented. Said Anita: "Motor racing is expensive, but if he has the talent to make it, then we don't mind investing in his future. At the time we wanted to know he was serious.

"We entered him for the last leg of the Asian Karting Open Championship (AKOC) in Thailand and he finished second, even though he did not do any racing for four years."

Andrew's parents decided to send Andrew on a racing stint in Japan in 2010 to chalk up more experience, before registering him for the 2011 AKOC season.

The youngster, a former St Joseph Institution International School student, currently leads the senior open championship by 20 points after completing two of the five races on the calendar.

Taking a year's break from school after earning his baccalaureate, the aspiring F1 racer has been living out of a suitcase in Europe since February, training and competing under top Irish kart trainer Jarlath Keary.

"He is not having an easy life and I told him that if he wants us to finance his racing he must do even basic things like helping the mechanics clean up the garage after each race," said his father Tang, who owns an investment and trading firm. "This must be an education for him or else little things will get to his head."

Andrew's European stint has so far cost the Tangs more than 200,000 euros, but they believe their son has a special talent.

Said Tang: "We have a lot to do because Andrew will be due for National Service soon. We need to seek the help of the authorities who can advise us on how we can continue to develop Andrew's racing talent while at the same time not disrupting his national obligations." - TODAY

source

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sin...1153258/1/.html

yr dad will have to at least pay 200 000 euros if u are to be a top driver [:)]

Neutral Newbie

one day when you become a father.....

you should try and finance yourself as this a NON essential item in life especially if this is what you really really love to do

$20K or even $5K is no loose change in this current climate, even 5K can mean about 2-3months salary for some

my advice is, dont treat your parents like an ATM

• Praise 1

But i see like all the drivers taking part in SKC are sponsored only a few are independent...i wonder how they do it, btw i karted at kartright b4 :) that is when i fell in love with karting

i been driving fun kart for a while and decided to purchased 2nd hand race kart.

By right there is singapore karting forum and i think that forum had closed down.

I believe this forum is largest karting forum i can find now?

Which type of race kart should I purchase?

Should I buy KF which there is race in SKC

or recently saw a ads mention ROK race?

Up to now , i still never heard Yamaha series kart race in local.

Anyone here experience in karting and can advise?

i been driving fun kart for a while and decided to purchased 2nd hand race kart.

By right there is singapore karting forum and i think that forum had closed down.

I believe this forum is largest karting forum i can find now?

Which type of race kart should I purchase?

Should I buy KF which there is race in SKC

or recently saw a ads mention ROK race?

Up to now , i still never heard Yamaha series kart race in local.

Anyone here experience in karting and can advise?

You can try http://kf1karting.com/, from there you may get in touch with someone in the sports. The track is next to Kranji MRT station [grin]

You can try http://kf1karting.com/, from there you may get in touch with someone in the sports. The track is next to Kranji MRT station [grin]

Yes, I had tryout their fun kart and plan to purchase used race kart.

I had spoken with some of the team there.

Some of them ref me to used either

KFc engine ?or Rok engine ? or Rojak engine? which all this is new to me.

I not sure which is better and i heard RoK have Rok club race this year and not sure other engines makers have

any race this year.

I not sure which is better and i heard RoK have Rok club race this year and not sure other engines makers have

any race this year.

So far Rok Club race is the only one-make race planned at this point. There will be mixed race ie various classes racing in the same event but presumably awards will be based on different podiums for the respective makes taking part eg KF, Rotax, etc. KF is very fast, not really for beginners, Rotax is ok (aka fast enough yet doesnt cost as much to buy and operate).

Edited by Super7
  • Praise 1

any race this year.

KF engine not KFC

Rotax and not Rojak.

If you look for Demon speed, KF is the good choice,

If you look for many races and oversea race, then Rotax is the best choice in asia.

↡ Advertisement