Mini Cooper queries

Lucaswh

Can try but unless u are the registered owner, they will not release the info. 

You are better off asking the dealer to send the car to be inspected by your trusted workshop for a fee borne by you. Buy only when you are sure nothing is major wrong with the car. 

I think I’ll go for the Mini Cooper (not countryman).

Just wondering, based on the car registration and chassis no, wld I be able to check servicing records with habitat?

↡ Advertisement

hi. may I ask where's the best place to install the union Jack sticker on the roof? was quoted 180 at AMK sticker shop.

thanks

• Praise 1

(edited)

Am thinking to get a Mini as well. However friends and family are asking me to not buy one. Really many problems ah? Hope the gurus here can advice.

Yes, my family is also a fan of mini car (classic and modern mini) - we currently has one mini cooper jcw edition, I think 2 generations back, probably around the year 2008/2009 - R56 codename. Yes, they can be quite problematic and do have history problems with overheating (typical engine problem by bmw, at least that is what I can remember for a long time). 

On top of that, I've encountered numerous electronics problems as well. So, unless you do not want to be troubled by all these kind "funny candy light/flashing light" on your dashboard, what I would recommend is always get a brand new one for kind of car, with full agent warranty. (I must admit that I do not have any experience with Eurokar Full Agent Warranty Package, since I'm not able to afford one).

Otherwise, I must say the acceleration, high-speed stability and handling is very good, a typical characteristic of German Engineering and Precision. The chassis of the vehicle is also very heavy, sturdy and strong - although it is a small car. And with English (UK) Heritage, you can be sure that it is a classy car. Just hope that, it doesn't breakdown, and cross your finger with on the "flashing and blinking" lights.  [thumbsup]  

Well, these are some of my personal experience, maybe you can reach out to listen to a few more opinions of other mini owners in Singapore, and listen to their own stories - everyone have different experience and life experience.

However, if you do have the extra cash to spend, and that if you are going for the emotional kind of driving - yes, driving mini will always bring smile to your face. However, in my own opinion - they aren't very good car for everyday driving (where you need to rush from one meeting, pick up/fetch client for meeting, usual work kind of stuff, getting in and out of the car often to run around errand). I personally feel that they are reserved more for weekend day, holiday day, family car or club car (mini club, porsche club etc.). 

And if you ever do purchase a mini, I would say welcome to the mini club, and I hope it will bring you and your family many year of enjoyable driving and also welcome to the mini lifestyle. :)  [:p]

Edited by Dinosaur33
  • Praise 5

hi. may I ask where's the best place to install the union Jack sticker on the roof? was quoted 180 at AMK sticker shop.

thanks

U can also check out jj decal hub, lots of mini go there

Yes, my family is also a fan of mini car (classic and modern mini) - we currently has one mini cooper jcw edition, I think 2 generations back, probably around the year 2008/2009 - R56 codename. Yes, they can be quite problematic and do have history problems with overheating (typical engine problem by bmw, at least that is what I can remember for a long time).

On top of that, I've encountered numerous electronics problems as well. So, unless you do not want to be troubled by all these kind "funny candy light/flashing light" on your dashboard, what I would recommend is always get a brand new one for kind of car, with full agent warranty. (I must admit that I do not have any experience with Eurokar Full Agent Warranty Package, since I'm not able to afford one).

Otherwise, I must say the acceleration, high-speed stability and handling is very good, a typical characteristic of German Engineering and Precision. The chassis of the vehicle is also very heavy, sturdy and strong - although it is a small car. And with English (UK) Heritage, you can be sure that it is a classy car. Just hope that, it doesn't breakdown, and cross your finger with on the "flashing and blinking" lights. [thumbsup]

Well, these are some of my personal experience, maybe you can reach out to listen to a few more opinions of other mini owners in Singapore, and listen to their own stories - everyone have different experience and life experience.

However, if you do have the extra cash to spend, and that if you are going for the emotional kind of driving - yes, driving mini will always bring smile to your face. However, in my own opinion - they aren't very good car for everyday driving (where you need to rush from one meeting, pick up/fetch client for meeting, usual work kind of stuff, getting in and out of the car often to run around errand). I personally feel that they are reserved more for weekend day, holiday day, family car or club car (mini club, porsche club etc.).

And if you ever do purchase a mini, I would say welcome to the mini club, and I hope it will bring you and your family many year of enjoyable driving and also welcome to the mini lifestyle. :) [:p]

I totally agree. A mini jus locks u in once u drive one. Simply hard to find another similar car in the same positioning - Audi a1/a3, bmw1, merc a class - jus doesn’t cut it like a mini.

Yes also to using it as daily transport - not the most suitable car haha

• Praise 1

I totally agree. A mini jus locks u in once u drive one. Simply hard to find another similar car in the same positioning - Audi a1/a3, bmw1, merc a class - jus doesn’t cut it like a mini.

the primary reason why mini are so attractive as compared to the rest of the other car maker brand is because - there is no class differentiating factor. if you were to drive a Audi A1/A3, BMW 1 Series or a Mercedes A class, after driving a while - you will be tempted to chase next next higher series like Audi A4/A6, BMW 3/5 Series or Mercedes B/C/E class.

Similarly, if you drive a Toyota/Mazda/Nissan - there is a Vios/Altis/Camry series for the Toyota Brand, and the Mazda 3 and Mazda 6 for the Mazda brand.

Mini is more about the concept of egalitarian - where everyone is equal - people should be treated equal and have the same political, economics, social and civil rights. It doesn't promote the concept of egalitarian. Once you drive a mini, you wouldn't think of the next higher series or next higher class. There is no such class thing in mini. 

eeeeerrrrrr.........got..... Mini One => Mini Cooper => Mini Cooper S => Mini Cooper JCW .

also got..... Mini Clubman....Mini CountryMan.......and and Mini Roadster...cabrio.

• Haha! 1

Mini is NOT a transport

[thumbsup]

the primary reason why mini are so attractive as compared to the rest of the other car maker brand is because - there is no class differentiating factor. if you were to drive a Audi A1/A3, BMW 1 Series or a Mercedes A class, after driving a while - you will be tempted to chase next next higher series like Audi A4/A6, BMW 3/5 Series or Mercedes B/C/E class.

Similarly, if you drive a Toyota/Mazda/Nissan - there is a Vios/Altis/Camry series for the Toyota Brand, and the Mazda 3 and Mazda 6 for the Mazda brand.

Mini is more about the concept of egalitarian - where everyone is equal - people should be treated equal and have the same political, economics, social and civil rights. It doesn't promote the concept of egalitarian. Once you drive a mini, you wouldn't think of the next higher series or next higher class. There is no such class thing in mini. 

After driving Mini for 5 yrs, it's either another Mini or Porsche.

eeeeerrrrrr.........got..... Mini One => Mini Cooper => Mini Cooper S => Mini Cooper JCW .

also got..... Mini Clubman....Mini CountryMan.......and and Mini Roadster...cabrio.

different engine variant, but the body shape is still the same, Mini One => Mini Cooper => Mini Cooper S => Mini Cooper S JCW all should be sharing the same chassis design, shell and platform.

I think the main point is that there is nothing to show off, or prove that you are better than someone who owns a different series, more like some people like to eat steam chicken rice, some people like to eat roasted chicken rice, some like to eat curry chicken rice. At the end of the day, it is still the chicken and the fragrance of the chicken rice that bring everyone together. 

it is not like comparing your chicken rice is from Boon Tong Kee, is better than the chicken rice from some coffeeshop, or your chicken rice is from some 5* hotel. When people talk about chicken rice, everyone knows what you are talking about - everyone knows that chicken rice all taste good, nice and fragrance. 

given the price of purchasing a Mini or Porsche, together with the long term running cost of them. I don't think many will just change a brand new one after driving for just 5 years. 

And even if you see some of the Porsche owners on the Singapore road, I don't think they will usually drive out the car out most of the time - I meant those with Porsche Carrera/Porsche Carrera 4S/Turbo/GT2 RS/GT3 RS, those in sport car range. Porsche Macan/Cayenne is still useable daily on the road (for family, business, and daily transport) - I might be wrong though.

And I think if you have reach this kind of financial ability, you also don't have the time to always take it out to play - you will be too busy working and running your business. More like, this generation work hard to buy one, the next generation take out to say, "oh this one my previous generation buy and kept in good condition for me to admire and use". 

Very seldom, more often than not, you don't see this kind of car running around brand new, only once they reach classic phase, then people then take it out to use.

The slogan “You never actually own a Patek Philippe. You merely look after it for the next generation.”

• Praise 1

by the way, given the kind of headache I've experienced with Mini (electronics, engine oil leaking, air-conditioning, and a whole list of headache), I would still choose a Japanese car for daily use, for business, for family and running errand anytime, everyday.

these minis are like mistress, once in a while - it gives you some enjoyment in life, but they suck money out of the hells out of you, money pits. Keep it for hobby is fine, but you definitely don't want to be associated with the running cost of using them daily.

Japanese car are like wife, take care of your needs, your finances, your children and your parents and your house. Not so high maintenance, no money, then skimp on other things in life.

• Shocked 1

(edited)

Now....this gets me excited.......300hp Clubman JCW... [thumbsup]

mini-john-cooper-works-clubman-1.jpg

Mini got our attention a few months ago when it announced the upcoming Mini John Cooper Works GP would get over 300 horsepower. But apparently Mini's ultimate hot hatch isn't the only car getting a major power infusion, as the company announced the 2020 Mini John Cooper Works Clubman and Countryman are both getting 300-horsepower engines. Specifically, they'll make 301 horsepower each along with 331 pound-feet of torque from a revised 2.0-liter inline-four. That engine features a stronger crankshaft, new pistons and rods and a lower compression ratio to handle extra boost.

All the power is sent through a standard all-wheel-drive system that comes with a mechanical limited-slip differential up front. Like past all-wheel-drive Minis, the system mainly operates in front-drive mode until slippage is detected, at which point power goes to the rear. The all-wheel-drive system has been beefed up with stronger gears and rear axles. Launch control is a standard feature, too. Also standard, a bit disappointingly, is an eight-speed automatic transmission. No manual will be offered on these models. Hopefully manuals will still be offered on later JCW Hardtop and Convertible models.

These engine and drivetrain changes help the Clubman and Countryman improve their 0-to-60 mph times by about 1.5 seconds. The Clubman now gets to 60 mph in 4.9 seconds, and the Countryman in 5.1 seconds. Both Minis are the first to be given a 155-mph electronic speed limiter, too. Previous models didn't have enough power to reach that mark.

Mini also made some upgrades in the handling and stopping departments. Both models get additional chassis bracing along with small suspension revisions. A package with electronically adjustable shocks is available. The rear brakes now feature fixed four-piston calipers. Front brake rotors are 14.2 inches in diameter, while the rears are 13 inches.

Despite these major mechanical upgrades, visual changes are extremely subtle. The Clubman has a different main grille insert and the new Union Jack taillights, but the Countryman is effectively identical to the current model. The interiors on each are basically unchanged as well.

Pricing and availability have not been announced yet. Since large portions of the vehicles are shared with the current model, we would expect to see them go on sale at least within the year, possibly in the next few months. Prices likely won't change too much from the current model year. For reference, a 2019 Mini John Cooper Works Clubman starts at $37,250, and the 2019 Mini John Cooper Works Countryman starts at $39,250.

Edited by Vratenza

Well, it's my father who has a lot of negative opinion with euro rides. He will have a say in my new ride haha.

I am 1.8m and usually I drive alone or ferry my mum around. My mum like the mini though.

Thanks. Just check out mini forum. Will read up :)

I will have to agree with you on the second point - fortunately, both my mum and dad is a fan of mini.

My mum would even volunteer to renew the COE of the mini even if we do not have a primary car.

And she always like the mini, even if the mini breakdown. Driving a mini a lot of tender loving and care.

it will always bring out the emotions of the person.

(edited)

Definitely James is the man to go for for all the sticker needs.  :a-m1212:  :a-happy:

post-3626-0-82744900-1559918076_thumb.jpg

Edited by Discoburg
  • Praise 1

Hi bros, been toying with the idea of getting a 2nd fun car to drive around for weekend.

Saw this green mcs r56 in sgcarmart which is stage 2/3 modded. Looks really awesome n owner spent alot of tlc on it.

Also tot of getting a cabrio but i doubt will open top that much too.

Any advice?

(edited)

Hi bros, been toying with the idea of getting a 2nd fun car to drive around for weekend.

Saw this green mcs r56 in sgcarmart which is stage 2/3 modded. Looks really awesome n owner spent alot of tlc on it.

Also tot of getting a cabrio but i doubt will open top that much too.

Any advice?

Get MCS R56 Baywater edition which has panoramic sunroof.  You can open/close the net sunshade. 

It feels like open top.

For stock sports suspension, it can be hard even with Michelin PS4.

Some old ppl cannot take it.

R56 can put akra exos.  F56 cannot.

Edited by Davidtch

(edited)

After weekend fun, weekdays in workshop.:sick:

Get the F series

Hahaha so seriousss ah

Renewed coe ones abt 5.5k-6k depre for stock ones

F series depre 14k

Seriously considering the fully modded one. That one should be doing 250hp looking at the extensive lists of mods

Edited by Rayoflight

Hahaha so seriousss ah

Renewed coe ones abt 5.5k-6k depre for stock ones

F series depre 14k

Seriously considering the fully modded one. That one should be doing 250hp looking at the extensive lists of mods

Might as well get R56 JCW.

For COE car, it is likely to be R50 which is more problematic.

↡ Advertisement