Mini Cooper queries

Lucaswh

Hi, not sure If this is the right channel to write in for queries. 

I am driving a 2017 Mini One 5Dr and was told it’s a F55.

The warranty is out now and I am looking for a reliable mechanic to service the car, with preference to checking a braking problem/issue that I have. 
Every morning when I first start the car, at the first 5min of the drive, I always hear scratching sound whenever I apply my brakes and seems that something is stuck in between. The sound will go away after a few mins of driving. 
Worrying that it may be a brake problem, but after changing the whole brake pad, the sound is still there. The mechanic from the dealer doesn’t seem to be able to find a solution. 

I stay in the west, near IMM, hopefully a mechanic nearby will be able to help. 

thanks for your advice. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator
37 minutes ago, Maestrokk said:

The warranty is out now and I am looking for a reliable mechanic to service the car, with preference to checking a braking problem/issue that I have. 
Every morning when I first start the car, at the first 5min of the drive, I always hear scratching sound whenever I apply my brakes and seems that something is stuck in between. The sound will go away after a few mins of driving. 
Worrying that it may be a brake problem, but after changing the whole brake pad, the sound is still there. The mechanic from the dealer doesn’t seem to be able to find a solution. 

thanks for your advice. 

Hi! I not too sure west side who is good at mini. But if you want a reliable mechanic, I will recommend MCF auto. (totally not related to this forum.) 🤣

https://www.sgcarmart.com/directory/merchant.php?MID=14861

They are at kaki bukit thou. Hope this helps~!

• Haha! 2

48 minutes ago, Maestrokk said:

thanks for your advice. 

To me nothing to worry as long as rotor thickness is above minimum requirement.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

Bro.. he west guy lah .. IMM...NTFH there..

😃

I dun know west side got what workshop. hahaha. Very long never go there liao. 😂

• Haha! 1

On 5/7/2020 at 7:45 PM, kobayashiGT said:

Hi! I not too sure west side who is good at mini. But if you want a reliable mechanic, I will recommend MCF auto. (totally not related to this forum.) 🤣

https://www.sgcarmart.com/directory/merchant.php?MID=14861

They are at kaki bukit thou. Hope this helps~! 

Any more reliable Mini workshops around? It would really help aspiring owners to make the switch when we know there are enough competent workshops out there. The mini community seems quite small in Singapore.

I really like the current Clubman S and if I'm going to get my car replaced in the near future, this would be it! 

7 minutes ago, Rickster said:

Any more reliable Mini workshops around? It would really help aspiring owners to make the switch when we know there are enough competent workshops out there. The mini community seems quite small in Singapore.

I really like the current Clubman S and if I'm going to get my car replaced in the near future, this would be it! 

Codewerx.

• Praise 3

22 hours ago, Rickster said:

damn huge "mini" 🤣

actually the R series clubman is just nice...low slung and has a shooting look....should have taken photo of the cream white one I saw last month at workshop.  

1 hour ago, Scholesy said:

damn huge "mini" 🤣

actually the R series clubman is just nice...low slung and has a shooting look....should have taken photo of the cream white one I saw last month at workshop.  

I think they shold start to call these models "Maxi" 🤣

Twincharged
16 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

More like , Mini stationwagon, estate shooting brake etc...

Many should be quite happy with a clubman i imagine.

• Praise 2

On 2/3/2020 at 11:19 AM, Jamhoe2 said:

tested Mini Cooper One 5Dr 1.5, fun to drive but feels too harsh for my wife.

any bro can advice if the 1.2 version feels more comfortable?

thanks in advance

The mini is just meant to ride and handle this way i guess. I tested the MCS 5doors LCI months back at habitat and also felt the harsh ride. Im sure my wife wont be happy being jumpy all the time. Of course as a driver, i love how the exos burbles and pops. The jumpy ride i still can take it.. Not sure of the passengers behind thou. 

On 5/12/2020 at 4:11 PM, Rickster said:

U can facebook "mini mafia" if u are not already in. Pretty big community

• Praise 1

(edited)
On 5/12/2020 at 4:11 PM, Rickster said:

Also tested the clubman s months back. Like the whole car very much as a family mobil as im driving the beemer 2series GT which is on the same platform. 

However, just didnt have the heartthrob feel as the MCS. Haha

Edited by Rayoflight
↡ Advertisement