Consignment car dealers

Nastrix

Hi forumers,

I would like to have some recommendation for car dealers who do a consignment for my car which I intend to sell.

Appreciate for your kind recommendation. Open to dealers for discussion as well. Thanks [wave]

↡ Advertisement

Hi forumers,

I would like to have some recommendation for car dealers who do a consignment for my car which I intend to sell.

Appreciate for your kind recommendation. Open to dealers for discussion as well. Thanks [wave]

car times , i think they will ask 2k on sale

Does anyone having isses with car agent when put on consignment with them?

Are they allow to re-post advertisment after contract up?

Heard this interesting relating to consignement sales while waiting during car servicing.

A guy left car at dealer shop for consignment sale over weekend.

Dealer called on Monday said interested buyer wanted to view and that was even before advert went up at Sgcarmart.

Was lucky, agreement reached and proceed to process transaction.

Interestingly dealer place the advert to sell up but at a price ~20% more than the agreed price on Tuesday.

On Wednesday, advert change to SOLD.

All curious why need to do when dealer could have save the Sgcarmart advert cost?

Heard this interesting relating to consignement sales while waiting during car servicing.

Dealer called on Monday said interested buyer wanted to view and that was even before advert went up at Sgcarmart.

Interestingly dealer place the advert to sell up but at a price ~20% more than the agreed price on Tuesday.

All curious why need to do when dealer could have save the Sgcarmart advert cost?

Because buyer wants to take higher loan. most probably 80% loan.

• Praise 1

Other reason I can think of is that he got another similar car and wants to sell at a higher price so create the pretense that this car at the 20% higher price has already been sold. My guess only.

Because buyer wants to take higher loan. most probably 80% loan.

• Praise 5

Other reason I can think of is that he got another similar car and wants to sell at a higher price so create the pretense that this car at the 20% higher price has already been sold. My guess only.

Yeap... many cars in sgcarmart would suddenly have an absurd increased price (like 20K) before being listed as "sold" the next day.... to create false impression or to inflate the loan amount.

• Praise 1

I had the same thing happen, car already transferred over to me. Few days later, car price was increased on sgcarmart, and few days later it was marked as sold.

Selling your own more troublesome than leaving car on consignment esp if your car is in poor condition or asking price is too high. There may be many test drives but no agreement

• Praise 1

I had the same thing happen, car already transferred over to me. Few days later, car price was increased on sgcarmart, and few days later it was marked as sold.

always felt sgcarmart prices was slightly higher than what the dealers will tell u.

just to inflate prices?

always felt sgcarmart prices was slightly higher than what the dealers will tell u.

just to inflate prices?

People will always bargain.

Its a psychological warfare kind of mindset. Eg. you want to sell your car for 50k but u cant just put 50k, u put in 53k then people bargin until 51 or 52k . Thats how you sell things in Spore cos people just want discount.

People will always bargain.

Its a psychological warfare kind of mindset. Eg. you want to sell your car for 50k but u cant just put 50k, u put in 53k then people bargin until 51 or 52k . Thats how you sell things in Spore cos people just want discount.

true enough. and also probably sgcarmart evaluation and the price displayed now has a value to it. people are refering to it as a more accurate picture of prices. :ph34r:

↡ Advertisement