DRIVER SIDE AIR CON VENT GIVING OUT STRONG SMELL

Vinil

Hi all i need urgent advice on this,

The last 2 days my whole car was smelling like a dead rat . I tried those air con smell diffuser spray but not working .

After some time managed to find out it is not the air con it is the fan which is bringing the bad smell.

Further checks reveled it is the driver side vent that is the one making the unpleasant smell .

How can i solve this issue, now i completely closed the vent and driving around

Your immediate advice greatly appreciated

Edited by Vinil
↡ Advertisement

Hi all i need urgent advice on this,

The last 2 days my whole car was smelling like a dead rat . I tried those air con smell diffuser spray but not working .

After some time managed to find out it is not the air con it is the fan which is bringing the bad smell.

Further checks reveled it is the driver side vent that is the one making the unpleasant smell .

How can i solve this issue, now i completely closed the vent and driving around

Your immediate advice greatly appreciated

service your aircon system and flush clean all the vents.

My car also got strong oil an grease smell one time and after I did a full clean up, the smell gone.

My car also got strong oil an grease smell one time and after I did a full clean up, the smell gone.

Bro where did you go for the sytem flush do i need to go back to the agent ?

Hi Bro Tigerwoods,

Care to share which workshop u went to?

If not convenient u can pm me.

I have the same problem as TS and i went to a reputable aircon workshop 1 month ago.

They changed my cabin filter and compressor oil.

2 weeks later the smell came back [:(]

Hi Bro Tigerwoods,

Care to share which workshop u went to?

If not convenient u can pm me.

I have the same problem as TS and i went to a reputable aircon workshop 1 month ago.

They changed my cabin filter and compressor oil.

2 weeks later the smell came back [:(]

I did mine from my AD. cost me $400...

The smell of the Oil, grease I had was said to be residue found on the Condenser Tray which normally only water drips there but probably some mechanic accidentally smear grease there. I guess I paid alot for some small problem.

Maybe you should ask your mechanic to clean that area and see how...

I had this unfortunate experience early this year

was in my wife car, saw a lizard, tried to flick it out but it ran into an aircon vent

2 days later when we use the car, a very bad smell came out of the aircon, and I knew the bloody lizard KO inside the aircon system

no choice but to send to the workshop to strip the aircon out to remove the dead lizard

workshop told me if it died near the vents, will cost less than $100 to solve the problem as easy to remove. but he said most likely is died deep inside the cooling vents.

in the end it was deep inside near the filters. cost me $300 to strip the whole aircon out from the car and clean it, and replace the filters and re-install

good news is the smell is totally gone, but bloody waste of money. workshop gave me back the lizard as a souvenir

was in my wife car, saw a lizard, tried to flick it out but it ran into an aircon vent

2 days later when we use the car, a very bad smell came out of the aircon, and I knew the bloody lizard KO inside the aircon system

no choice but to send to the workshop to strip the aircon out to remove the dead lizard

workshop told me if it died near the vents, will cost less than $100 to solve the problem as easy to remove. but he said most likely is died deep inside the cooling vents.

in the end it was deep inside near the filters. cost me $300 to strip the whole aircon out from the car and clean it, and replace the filters and re-install

good news is the smell is totally gone, but bloody waste of money. workshop gave me back the lizard as a souvenir

Workshop gave you back lizard? Was it the same lizard that went in?

Edited by Hulk

I did mine from my AD. cost me $400...

The smell of the Oil, grease I had was said to be residue found on the Condenser Tray which normally only water drips there but probably some mechanic accidentally smear grease there. I guess I paid alot for some small problem.

Maybe you should ask your mechanic to clean that area and see how...

Hi Bro Tigerwoods,

Thanks for your advise!

I went to my mech this morning, he says it's dust smell and will go away eventually.

The thing is, he didn't even check. I think he lazy to strip and check [:(]

Anyway, I will go to another workshop after lunch for a 2nd opinion later.

hmm...if passenger side no smell and only driver side has it...then isn't the answer is very obvious, driver got BO???? [:p] ...have the aricon duct check

Edited by Help1

I think mine is the same issue may be some lizard was so curious to have a ride in an Alfa and too overvelhmed by the beauty of the car and drop dead in the vent.

↡ Advertisement