Petrol refill habit

Yusld

Neutral Newbie

Would like to know what's your petrol refill habit like?

Some will refill if the tank is half, some like to refill whenever they see a kiosk, some will only refill it full tank when the needle touch the E and some even only refill when the lights up!

Have your say................ [rolleyes]

↡ Advertisement

Yusld: My car usage is lower than average, I believe. At about 2 tanks of 50l each month.

Used to refill a full tank every time the fuel light lits up. Nowadays I will only refill half a tank every week. No point in driving around with excessive fuel on board, unless I'm travelling up North for long road trips.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for sharing. I got the habit filling it only the light lits.

quote name='Sky_vinz' date='Sep 19 2011, 07:06 PM' post='4021721']

Yusld: My car usage is lower than average, I believe. At about 2 tanks of 50l each month.

Used to refill a full tank every time the fuel light lits up. Nowadays I will only refill half a tank every week. No point in driving around with excessive fuel on board, unless I'm travelling up North for long road trips.

I only fill full tank when V-Power got promotion,if not i will fill just $50 when the level reach 1/4 tank,guys remember not to run too low level as it will cause the fuel pump to overheat.

Yusld: I guess your car's full tank cost a lot! Compared to Asian makes.

Steptronic: I havent heard of their promotion in detail. How does it work?

You need to fill up with a smile card. Every 40$ fill will get you a chance to win the weekly draw which will lead to 12 months free petrol for 4 people.

my car bltches a lot, when left 100km will kp once, when left 40km to go will perma kp block my techometer , dats when i hunt for cowtex

Edited by Mecontle

I always refill when my petrol drop below until last bar (1/8, tank, driving Vios with 8 bar fuel guage). Only pump $$30 to make it 1/2 tank full..... no point pumping so much since there are hundreds of petrol kiosk in this small island.... too much fuel= carry too much weight ... will drag down the performance n FC of my tiny ride...

Full Tank: Car respond is good and acceleration is smooth.

Half Tank: Car respond is average and acceleration is average.

Just below half tank: Car respond is good and acceleration is smooth.

Low Fuel lights on: Car respond is below average and acceleration is not smooth (lag abit before full acceleration).

This is just my findings when I drive; and so I will prefer to top up my petrol in between 'just below half tank and low fuel lights on'.

Low Fuel lights on: Car respond is below average and acceleration is not smooth (lag abit before full acceleration).

This is just my findings when I drive; and so I will prefer to top up my petrol in between 'just below half tank and low fuel lights on'.

how come? but i obs that at night engine less power than hot afternoon

i also feel new petrol seems to give better acceleration but i feel it best if fill from empty to half tank. if fill full, car too heavy [rifle]

half tank, juz about right [bounce2]

I was told by a mechanic that once in awhile we do have to top up full so that the top part of our fuel tank doesn't rust over time . Driving at a quarter full or lesser actually increases in performance a bit as the car is lighter . A tactic used by illegal racers <_<

your findings is very similar to mine. [cool]

Neutral Newbie

Yes, I think around 90 over litres. After 15-18 %, it always near $150.

Yusld: I guess your car's full tank cost a lot! Compared to Asian makes.

Steptronic: I havent heard of their promotion in detail. How does it work?

I was told by a mechanic that once in awhile we do have to top up full so that the top part of our fuel tank doesn't rust over time . Driving at a quarter full or lesser actually increases in performance a bit as the car is lighter . A tactic used by illegal racers <_<

just to add on, dsc off, dtc off, sport mode on, air con off , its play time! [rifle]

↡ Advertisement