SAF to allow camera phones with cameras removed

Ahtong

[hur][dizzy]

SAF to ease ban on camera phones in camps

By Jermyn Chow

The Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) is reviewing its blanket ban on all camera- equipped cellphones inside military camps, paving the way for restrictions on such phones to be eased.

The Straits Times has learnt that under proposed changes, all SAF personnel will be allowed to bring these phones into all military installations islandwide, so long as the cameras inside them are removed.

Responding to queries, the Ministry of Defence (Mindef) confirmed yesterday that it is 'exploring ways' to allow its personnel to use the camera-equipped smartphones, 'while maintaining our current security policy on disallowing personal image-capturing devices to be used on Mindef and SAF premises'.

Spokesman Desmond Tan also said the review is being done as Mindef recognises the 'potential benefits provided by smartphones'.

↡ Advertisement

hahahaha...camera phones with camera removed..still camera phones meh??? they stoopid or what...

like...i want beef kway teow, but with beef removed...

Not surprised.. Some vendors can remove/disable the camera if asked to..

So, instead of having a 2nd 2G phone when going for reservist, you can now bring an iPhone into camp and use it to surf net, play game etc, if you disable the camera

They buay pai sei, i read liao aso feel pai sei.... dumb or what [hur][hur]

because some bugger in the initial pharse remove camera. later... after a while put it back and then kenna caught.

so they ban it all together.

i don understand. how to disable the camera [confused] surely they don mean physically remove the camera lens right [confused]

Yup.. PHYSICALLY remove the camera.. but some vendors offered to use software lock..

later lunch, i go order wanton mee without wanton, will the uncle hoot me?

I win you. I will go McDonald's and order Apple Pie without apple. [laugh]