Anyone can recommend a Workshop to install export headunit?

Megaweb

Is there any good workshop will help me to install an export headunit?

Or I must die die to buy from them?

I tot of just change my current old unit to a mp3 type headunit which support SD/USB.

Is it possible?

↡ Advertisement

no one?

Or this is illegal [confused]

or recommend me a shop to purchase a head unit + installation with good value and honest service :D

Thanks

an export headunit isn't illegal. just buy it from where ever you saw it. You can get it installed either by yourself or by someone for 30 bucks. Just that there's no warranty. you can try auto image....

Thanks to Fastfive1 and R_aquarii replies.

I find HU installation need some experience esp need to remove my existing HU and install new HU. Also need to solder the connectors with the wires. Anyway I think if a workshop can assist to install would be better choice :P

Thanks again :)

I bought my head unit from ebay and got my usual car accessories shop to install. I cant remember the exact price I paid, I think ard $100.

My head unit comes with GPS, analogue TV, Aux in (Digital TV) and reverse camera.

Its Vision @ Rangoon Road. Look for the boss, Jack.

If the wiring in your car is stock.

Then it's a simple $30 job most shop will do.

If the wiring are farked due to previous non standard HU, then maybe pay about $60.

Most shop will do it. Just don't go on a saturday where they are busy.

Go on Tuesday to Thursday morning.

If the wiring in your car is stock.

Then it's a simple $30 job most shop will do.

If the wiring are farked due to previous non standard HU, then maybe pay about $60.

Most shop will do it. Just don't go on a saturday where they are busy.

Go on Tuesday to Thursday morning.

Err stock you mean the factory fitted head unit? non standard referring to? Like with lexus, bmw, etc?

Screwed up wiring meaning messed up by the previous guy who installed the head unit or.....?

If you're referring to wiring which you don't understand, there's the internet to find a wiring diagram or an adapter that enables you to match the colors of your aftermarket HU's to it.

If you're referring to a botched installation, get the wiring diagram for the current HU to find out which colored wire is connected to what. Just match the colors according to the wiring diagram. Isn't that what a wiring diagram is for? That was how my previous HU was connected since it was done by the previous owner's workshop which i think attempted to rip him off. There were tweeters mounted at the side of the dash but only one was connected to the HU. What's worse is the fact that the tweeter didn't even come with a crossover.

60 bucks is insane for a single din HU. 30 bucks is the most one should pay. Unless the wiring is really complex then maybe I'll get a workshop to do it if not i won't bother

I also want need to replace the China-made no-brand double din car stereo in my car.

Any workshops to recommend? I intend to buy the head unit and then ask the workshop to install.

I also want need to replace the China-made no-brand double din car stereo in my car.

Any workshops to recommend? I intend to buy the head unit and then ask the workshop to install.

Try Pin Liang, at Zion Rd, ( corner auto accessories HDB shop ) look for boss Vincent or his younger brother, friendly and nice guy.

How much they charge will based on the element of difficulty, U can bargain, but not too much!

Installed the Pioneer AVH-P3350BT at Wee Heng Upper Serangoon Road. Also installed new rear view camera and German Maestro speakers front and rear.

I'm a Hi Fi sound enthusiast so I want good sound. Compared prices with other workshops and I think Wee Heng gave the best deal.

Good sound. Really good. And I can connect my iPhone using Blue tooth and speak hands free through the external mic installed at the rear view mirror. Can also view iphone videos through the AVH-P3350BT.

I bought my head unit from ebay and got my usual car accessories shop to install. I cant remember the exact price I paid, I think ard $100.

My head unit comes with GPS, analogue TV, Aux in (Digital TV) and reverse camera.

Its Vision @ Rangoon Road. Look for the boss, Jack.

bro. what hu/dvd player u brought? looking ard for 1 too.

Neutral Newbie

today (29 Nov), went to mustafa to purchase the Pioneer 9350 @ S$209 (export set, no warranty, no testing, no exchanging) then went to Nam Huat @ Sin Ming Autocare (the one just besides Vicom) and installed the HU at only S$25.. cheap, good and fast!

Same here. I'm thinking of getting a brandless GPS DVD head unit (made in China) for my ride as well. Was actually thinking of DIY but the GPS antenna may prove to be a challenge.

Are there specific workshops that specialize in any specific car make/model?

Installed the Pioneer AVH-P3350BT at Wee Heng Upper Serangoon Road. Also installed new rear view camera and German Maestro speakers front and rear.

I'm a Hi Fi sound enthusiast so I want good sound. Compared prices with other workshops and I think Wee Heng gave the best deal.

Good sound. Really good. And I can connect my iPhone using Blue tooth and speak hands free through the external mic installed at the rear view mirror. Can also view iphone videos through the AVH-P3350BT.

Bro, did they change your speaker wires? Or they connect from existing wires that came with the car? Thks..

↡ Advertisement