Poor Red Hyundai I30 - BKE

Civic6228

Poor Red i30 was hit by a Malaysian Blue Colour bus on BKE this morning at around 6.40 am. The i30 damn suay, did not see the VRN as it was still dark. Damage to the i30 seems bad but as usual no damage on the bus.

The accident happen at the exit at Bukit Panjang on BKE towards PIE (Changi). Question is WTF is the Bus doing on Lane 1 ..... It will be tough for the i30 to claim against a Malaysian bus. I have always complain about speeding for heavy vehicles on Lane 1 on the expressway and this accident could happen to anyone of us. What actions has the authority taken so far ? Unfortunately, IMO..... NOTHING ....

↡ Advertisement

Yeah, saw the vehicles involved parked by the shoulder. TP rex was there too. Caused a jam all the way to Mandai which almost caused me to lose it! :angry:

The rear of the Hyundai was pretty much caved in, broken rear windscreen and goodness knows what type of chassis damage was caused by the impact. Could be irreversible [shakehead] Didn't know that the accident happened on the right-most lane though...in which case, you're absolutely right for admonishing the bus driver for being there in the first place!

Yeah, saw the vehicles involved parked by the shoulder. TP rex was there too. Caused a jam all the way to Mandai which almost caused me to lose it! :angry:

The rear of the Hyundai was pretty much caved in, broken rear windscreen and goodness knows what type of chassis damage was caused by the impact. Could be irreversible [shakehead] Didn't know that the accident happened on the right-most lane though...in which case, you're absolutely right for admonishing the bus driver for being there in the first place!

Those MY blue buses fetching factory works in/out go very fast one ... usually cut to lane 2 ... and many times even flash/honk vehicles in front one. Looks like our TP turning a bling eye on them.

What actions has the authority taken so far ? Unfortunately, IMO..... NOTHING ....

Good morning.

Look at brighter side of the day, not to be disappointed.

always remember what u hv seen: Your security is our concern. :D

Poor Red i30 was hit by a Malaysian Blue Colour bus on BKE this morning at around 6.40 am. The i30 damn suay, did not see the VRN as it was still dark. Damage to the i30 seems bad but as usual no damage on the bus.

The accident happen at the exit at Bukit Panjang on BKE towards PIE (Changi). Question is WTF is the Bus doing on Lane 1 ..... It will be tough for the i30 to claim against a Malaysian bus. I have always complain about speeding for heavy vehicles on Lane 1 on the expressway and this accident could happen to anyone of us. What actions has the authority taken so far ? Unfortunately, IMO..... NOTHING ....

i thot that time they got do major spped trap in tuas? [idea] i think they should do more regular speed traps instead of one off! [idea]

sg govt policy. no kp no do work. Applies to all government agencies.

Some times, kp also no use.

I have written to the authority last year about speeding goods vehicles and they gave me a pretty standard reply. When I sent them another letter this year on the same issue, they did not even bother to reply.

Edited by Civic6228

What actions has the authority taken so far ? Unfortunately, IMO..... NOTHING ....

Good morning.

Look at brighter side of the day, not to be disappointed.

always remember what u hv seen: Your security is our concern. :D

hmm... always see this when cross boarder.... always though that it should be listed as "Our security is your concern".......

Malaysian bus are fierce lay..

good thing that you remove your earlier post .... the accident happens on BKE not a 2-lane road and there is no bend at the accident spot, it is a damn straight road .... So do you still think that the bus is not at fault ... smashing the back of the poor red i30. I cannot think of any reason for the Bus to be driving on Lane 1 ...

good thing that you remove your earlier post .... the accident happens on BKE not a 2-lane road and there is no bend at the accident spot, it is a damn straight road .... So do you still think that the bus is not at fault ... smashing the back of the poor red i30. I cannot think of any reason for the Bus to be driving on Lane 1 ...

I believe the bus was tail-gating the car? The bus needs longer braking distances than the car in front. So when the car stopped. The tail-gating bus could not avoid hitting the car. Let us hope no casualty.

saw the poor flatten red hyundai too... the blue MY bus should never be in lane 1 of an expressway in the first place.

however, on the BKE (towards PIE) during morning peak hours, you will see all these heavy vehicles on lane 1 all the time. not just when near to the PIE exits but way way back also... when you see long trailers speeding at same speed of passenger car at about 100km/h, you will really sweat man if one is following you...

hopefully the MY bus driver will kena jialat jialat cos he is really putting many lives in jeopardy. there was a crowd on the 1st lane of BKE cos all the passenger of that bus alighted...

authorities - pls wake up and do something concrete....

Some times, kp also no use.

I have written to the authority last year about speeding goods vehicles and they gave me a pretty standard reply. When I sent them another letter this year on the same issue, they did not even bother to reply.

we just have to keep hounding feedbacks to them. I have written in at least 5 times.. they have also stopped replying to me.. i will continue nevertheless...

On Monday noon, also along BKE towards PIE at the CCK exit, 1 idiotic lancer cut 2 lanes to exit at quite a high speed.

The result? Rammed into the SAF Military Police vehicle (those huge van i think for ferrying detainees.)

Looks no damage to the SAF vehicle, but lancer bonnet became inverted V.

Edited by Bystander50
↡ Advertisement