Women worse at parking than men (AsiaOne Motoring)

Grix17

Women worse at parking than men

You can now stop squabbling over whether women park cars better than men.

According to a German study, women are slower and less accurate than men at parking, confirming the suspicions of many male motorists out there.

According to the study, female drivers take an average of 20 seconds longer than male drivers to park their cars. Even so, their cars are more likely to be crooked than not, Telegraph reported.

65 people were asked to park an Audi A6 family saloon in a standard parking lot.

Drivers' manoeuvres, including head-on, reverse and paralle parking, were timed and rated for accuracy according to how far they kept the vehicle from the edges of the bay.

Researchers had expected the women volunteers to be slower in parking, Telegraph reported.

But they were surprised that the "cautious approach" did not produce a tidier result.

Dr Claudi Wolf from Ruhr University in Bochum, Germany, who led the study, said that the research confirmed previous findings that men have better spatial awareness and coordination than women.

Men also take more risks behind the wheel, she added.

She said: "These prejudices exist and as a scientist I decided the find out if they are true or based on myth," she told the Mail.

"I don't think that feminism or the cause of women is in any way set back by these findings," the researcher qualified.

"It only proves what previous studies about the spatial differences between men and women have shown."

"Besides, it is not as if there was a massive failing by women. It is just about parking - not the triumph of men over women."

Edited by Grix17
↡ Advertisement

Just to balance out the "Women are better drivers" article [:)]

I have 2 such neighbours in my MSCP.

One takes about 1 minute to park - forward-backward about 5 times each and still cannot get it right.

Another parks a Getz on the line because there is a pillar on the other side - and is happy with the position.

Women worse at parking than men

You can now stop squabbling over whether women park cars better than men.

According to a German study, women are slower and less accurate than men at parking, confirming the suspicions of many male motorists out there.

According to the study, female drivers take an average of 20 seconds longer than male drivers to park their cars. Even so, their cars are more likely to be crooked than not, Telegraph reported.

65 people were asked to park an Audi A6 family saloon in a standard parking lot.

Drivers' manoeuvres, including head-on, reverse and paralle parking, were timed and rated for accuracy according to how far they kept the vehicle from the edges of the bay.

Researchers had expected the women volunteers to be slower in parking, Telegraph reported.

But they were surprised that the "cautious approach" did not produce a tidier result.

Dr Claudi Wolf from Ruhr University in Bochum, Germany, who led the study, said that the research confirmed previous findings that men have better spatial awareness and coordination than women.

Men also take more risks behind the wheel, she added.

She said: "These prejudices exist and as a scientist I decided the find out if they are true or based on myth," she told the Mail.

"I don't think that feminism or the cause of women is in any way set back by these findings," the researcher qualified.

"It only proves what previous studies about the spatial differences between men and women have shown."

"Besides, it is not as if there was a massive failing by women. It is just about parking - not the triumph of men over women."

Such studies really is pointless and bo liao.

It will only cause ladies to try to make a point and create more problems.

I find this news hard to believe. it's almost like someone told me that santa clus doesn't exist, or linsey Lohan got onto trouble with drugs or drinking.

Edited by Kiadaw

when we see auntie hog up lane for parking , we men mostly sit back and fold arm behind head and enjoy the show

No...just now lunch time I went makan with my colleagues...all of us had the shock of our lifes.

Aunty parking her car...so we just wait behind...her car was park in already (not swee swee lah...but its in the lot) and we proceed to drive forward...THEN !! She spots another car leaving (presume to be a better lot ?) and dash out from her parking lot....had to swerve and e-brake....she thought nothing of it and proceed to park...

After i park...my colleages and me walk pass her and shake our heads...it seems like she didn't know what happen lor....hianz....aunty ah aunty....GIVE UP !!

when I see the way the car is moving or parking in an abnormal way....more than 99% I will be able to guess the gender correctly..

Edited by LoverofCar
↡ Advertisement