Mesh Ergonomic Chairs

Mustank

Bro this type of chairs are widely available. The type of build quality also differs. If you are going to buy the chair from a neighbourhood furniture shop, suggest you sit on it and test the ergonomics. I have bought a few. Not the high end Herman Miller ones lah. The mesh is no as good as compared to those conventional cushion types in providing lumbar support. I think the design here is important and it only is clear after you sit on it to find out. And one more thing, do look underneath the chair. Look out for the small U Joint that connects the air canister and the seat. Pay attention to the welding. You can tell at an instant whether the chair is made locally (maybe along defu lane) or just imported dirt cheap from China. Those from China, you can see that it is poorly welded. In fact, you can sometime spot gaps along the line(s) of weld!

I just bght a couple for office from vHive. There is a $298 model with lower back support + headrest you may want to check it out. My staff gave a thumbs up for the chair

They have also more expensive range from Korea $400 - $900plus

Bro, thanks for the super fast reply man!

how much is yours? Bought from where?

i bought mine from those neighbourhood tiam for 180. The base is mesh cover on cushion so only the backing is mesh. However, the chair still came with high headrest and handrests so i thought it was okay. [:p]

I think i go sungei bulok there look see look see. There is the industrial park of furniture

You mean Sungei Kadut is it? [laugh]

Anyway, I currently use the Humanscale Freedom chair. I find it pretty good but I suspect it is only for adults. You can try their other models to see if there are any suitable for your kids.

Price-wise I am not so sure because I didn't buy it. But I guess this is something worth buying (if you can afford). With the lengthy hours spent seated in front of a computer or at a desk these days, your kids will thank you for it when they are in their late 20s and have fewer backaches and posture problems compared to their peers.

I thought that time gov ordered one lot of very cheap branded chairs.

Less than $400 or so.

Wt...? Ppl bulk order leh. How to compare when TS just wants to get one or two pieces? [rolleyes]

I guess MOM got a good deal. i reasearched on it and the suupler Xtra Design say this is bulk purchase price. not avaiable for small orders

I found Ergohuman V2 Chair V200HRBLK - High Back with Black Frame and Mesh

(http://ergohuman.com/products.php?product=Ergohuman-V2-Chair-V200HRBLK-%252d-High-Back-with-Black-Frame-and-Mesh)

v200hrblk-side.jpg

Apres Marketing Pte Ltd

Address: 9 Harrison Rd #06-01 Harrison Ind Bldg S(369651)

Tel No: (65) 67410009

Fax No: (65) 67410188

is selling this for 530 before gst

i dont know good or not but i going to try :huh:

Edited by Mustank

i dont know good or not but i going to try :huh:

Do bring your kids to try; I think these high back chairs are ergonomically designed with an adults' height and body in mind. Unless your kids are young adults already, you should let them try the chair and even though they may not be able to express whether the chair fits properly, you can at least observe whether the chair provides the right support.

All this talk is tempting me to change the chair in my room as well. Maybe with my year end bonus. [rolleyes]