Car Second Battery

S7rik3R

Have anyone bro install car second battery in their ride?

Example the stock battery is in the engine bay and they install another car battery in the boot ...

Cause I feels that my car is under powered ... so was thinking of installing car second battery in the boot. But will it affects or damage the devices in the car?

Thanks ~

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Example the stock battery is in the engine bay and they install another car battery in the boot ...

Cause I feels that my car is under powered ... so was thinking of installing car second battery in the boot. But will it affects or damage the devices in the car?

Thanks ~

underpowered use battery?

battery is only needed to start the car.

once started, its your alternator.

Thanks ~

Are you driving an electric car? [laugh]....

Edited by LoverofCar

Thanks ~

what make is your car.?Maybe can change to a battery with bigger Amps,2 batteries is a overkill.!

To operate a second battery safetly without having any current drawn on the primary unit ,for ICE or other 12volt appliance ,you got to install a dual battery isolator ( solenoid with electronic control) between the primary and secondary batteries.

With this arrangement you will not have engine cranking problem due to flat battery even if you over use yr IC and other appliance battery.

Thanks ~

can put a jerry can for extra petrol too [;)] More petrol more power

Edited by Micquek

underpowered use battery?

battery is only needed to start the car.

once started, its your alternator.

Problems I face ... startup. It sometimes feels so hard to crank start the car. Might because I have too many electrical stuff inside the car.

Besides the I.C.E

To operate a second battery safetly without having any current drawn on the primary unit ,for ICE or other 12volt appliance ,you got to install a dual battery isolator ( solenoid with electronic control) between the primary and secondary batteries.

With this arrangement you will not have engine cranking problem due to flat battery even if you over use yr IC and other appliance battery.

So it's possible? Cause besides the I.C.E in the car, the next day when I try to start the car, can feels that the battery is weak. But the battery was replace in May this year. So should be the cause of other electric stuff that's draining away the resources when engine is off. Example the car alarm, microwave sensor and anti-shock sensor with led.

And I'm looking into installing a security camera in the vehicle cause there are so many cheesepie vandalism and lorry driver purposely stopping so close infront my car and push their door wider open and make dents on the bonnet.

So Bro, when can I find the dual battery isolator? Do I needs to install the dual battery isolator first before installing the second battery in the boot? And do I needs to replace the alternator as well?Cause I'm afraid it can't charge the battery ...

Many Thanks ~

So it's possible? Cause besides the I.C.E in the car, the next day when I try to start the car, can feels that the battery is weak. But the battery was replace in May this year. So should be the cause of other electric stuff that's draining away the resources when engine is off. Example the car alarm, microwave sensor and anti-shock sensor with led.

And I'm looking into installing a security camera in the vehicle cause there are so many cheesepie vandalism and lorry driver purposely stopping so close infront my car and push their door wider open and make dents on the bonnet.

So Bro, when can I find the dual battery isolator? Do I needs to install the dual battery isolator first before installing the second battery in the boot? And do I needs to replace the alternator as well?Cause I'm afraid it can't charge the battery ...

Many Thanks ~

If you're going to use all those cameras, alarms, anti-shock sensors, etc..etc..when your engine is switched off, you're going to kill your starting battery in a very short time.

A good idea is to put a 2nd deep discharge battery to power all those.

And as mentioned, you need a isolator so that the alternator can charge both batteries separately and they stay electrically apart.

Isolators can also be power diodes which allows current to flow one way but not the other.

That would also mean wiring separate circuits for those energy suckers when your engine is switched off.

If you're going to use all those cameras, alarms, anti-shock sensors, etc..etc..when your engine is switched off, you're going to kill your starting battery in a very short time.

A good idea is to put a 2nd deep discharge battery to power all those.

And as mentioned, you need a isolator so that the alternator can charge both batteries separately and they stay electrically apart.

Isolators can also be power diodes which allows current to flow one way but not the other.

That would also mean wiring separate circuits for those energy suckers when your engine is switched off.

Eventually I face this problem before ICE was install ... some peoples recommends me to replace to a higher amp battery which I did. But it looks fine within a month but after one month, starting up seems to have a problem again ... [:(]

Now, after ICE was installed, starting up the car doesn't looks ok to me ... can feels the car battery is weak. That's why I was thinking of this option when I am going to install the car security camera that connects directly to the car battery inorder to captures the recording 24/7 of the security camera. Cause it seems like Vehicle Vandalism is on the rise in Singapore now.

I once sees a durian seller with his durian knife from my room knocking on my car, I shouted at him and he quickly walk away. And when I come down and look at my car, finds few chips mark came off ... was so pissed off and feels like taking a chopper and goes after the b------d.

So installing the second car battery will it damage the wiring ? Cause I google and only manage to find SINGTECH has them only in local?

Thanks ~

↡ Advertisement