A wagon chasing Audi RS6, Skyline n 911.....

KARTer

The wagon tried, not sure it managed in the end....

Drifting wagon....

in snow, and dry....

In the snow ............. (unique in-car camera views)......

... and Anime wagon...

↡ Advertisement

Was driving Outlander before changing to V70.

Outlander have no turbo as compare to Airtrek so lose out in power but have large boot space comparing to Airtrek.

V70 comes with T5 turbo which is 240 Bhp stock. Lower that Outlander yet space is not too much lesser.

Comparing power with Airtrek turbo, 237 Bhp, that's not much of a difference.

So for me, V70 meet my needs as a family touring car.

Evo Wagon is faster and handles better than the Airtrek. (stock vs stock)

and looks better too! But I read somewhere (don't trust me on this) Evo wagon is about 6+ km/l? If, if if I had one my monthly petrol would be $900+, gawd..

and looks better too! But I read somewhere (don't trust me on this) Evo wagon is about 6+ km/l? If, if if I had one my monthly petrol would be $900+, gawd..

Personally...looks I would take the Airtrek (not that its nice...but better looking than the Evo Wagon)...the Wagon has a wow factor..but short live...after a while...the more I look at it....the more ugly it appear to me. But that is me lah...one man meat another man poison.

Yes...the FC is about there....maybe around 6-8kmL range. Its still better than a RX7 FC....my friend had one...4kmL...but he had almost 700bhp lah.

High power cars are usually drinkers.

TS Karter has the same Evo IX Wagon right? [laugh]

Actually i like the Legacy GT Wagon, more suitable for soft buttock like mine [:)] , if not, go all the way to Audi's wgn which has a V8 or V10, but not at sgp's price [:(]

Good to have power and utilities combined and yet TP usually wont stop it at roadblock [:)]

Personally...looks I would take the Airtrek (not that its nice...but better looking than the Evo Wagon)...the Wagon has a wow factor..but short live...after a while...the more I look at it....the more ugly it appear to me. But that is me lah...one man meat another man poison.

Yes...the FC is about there....maybe around 6-8kmL range. Its still better than a RX7 FC....my friend had one...4kmL...but he had almost 700bhp lah.

High power cars are usually drinkers.

I tried for past 5 years to find the 'beauty' in the wagon but till today still cant find it [:(]

But have no regret buying it as at the time (2007) it's the cheapest way to have the evo 4G engine under the bonnet of any car from factory (the wgn was cheaper than the normal evo). I had the airtrek before and like you said it's not a beauty, but with the 80% evo engine, no complaints.

With about 60-70% expressway driving (average right foot, not too heavy) it still can manage about 7=8km/L, not good but still tolerable.

Was driving Outlander before changing to V70.

Outlander have no turbo as compare to Airtrek so lose out in power but have large boot space comparing to Airtrek.

V70 comes with T5 turbo which is 240 Bhp stock. Lower that Outlander yet space is not too much lesser.

Comparing power with Airtrek turbo, 237 Bhp, that's not much of a difference.

So for me, V70 meet my needs as a family touring car.

Does the V70 come with intercooler? I had a 850 turbo in the 90s and couldnt see one but maybe it's not provided in those days. In fact I am not sure if conti 'normal' turbo models from Saab / Volvo / Mer (other than those really high performance models) etc come with intercooler?

bro jus curious, why u chose wagon instead of sedan?

if space then shd get airtrek turbo ma [laugh]

Actually evo wgn doesnt really have much cargo space, you're right.

I had airtrek previously and it really swallowed up things almost like a van and yet its lap time is definitely respectable at Sepang for a SUV coz most performance / handling mods can be put into it using evo parts.

As i said in an earlier post, it's a cheaper way to own 'some kind of' evo by buying the wgn... no prawns, make do with shrimps... [:)]