Need comment on Ford Focus

Roh96

I need some feedback about this car, is it worth considering a 2nd hand Focus(yr 2006/7)? What is the FC and power of the 1.6L engine? Any known issue about this car or things which i need to take note when looking for a used one? Appreciate your advice.

↡ Advertisement

i would say Ford is not famous for good FC...........

but basically its a good car. if you are not crazy about saving 1 cents on FC, then go for it

Used to have a MY06 focus with full bodykit and 17" rims in the family. 60% Highway / 40% City will average about 10km/l. I am light-footed by the way too.

However, what I like about the car is when you head up to the NSHW, take it up to 150km/h, the FC is easily 13-14km/l with full load on board and extremely stable.

Neutral Newbie

Considering getting a 2nd hand Ford Focus.

Can any Ford Focus owner give feedback on any issues with maintaining the car. Especially those with year of manufactue 2006/2007. Troublefree? just normal 10,000 km maintenance?

Are there many workshops that service Ford ?

Neutral Newbie

I drove a 2008 Ford Focus before. Rough handling, needs some strength to turn the steering. FC about 8.3km/L. Engine noisy. Aircon not very strong and very noisy, masks out the radio at higher setting.

I drove a 2008 Ford Focus before. Rough handling, needs some strength to turn the steering. FC about 8.3km/L. Engine noisy. Aircon not very strong and very noisy, masks out the radio at higher setting.

Don't understand the meaning of 'rough' handling. The focus has one of the sweetest chassis a bread-and-butter 1.6L car can offer. HEavy steering means better control and feel rather than today's ridiculously light steering.

Don't understand the meaning of 'rough' handling. The focus has one of the sweetest chassis a bread-and-butter 1.6L car can offer. HEavy steering means better control and feel rather than today's ridiculously light steering.

One man's meat is another man's poison. The focus's heavy-weighted and precise steering may mean unrefinement for some. These "some" are better off with a corolla.

good drive, just underpower...

i have to agree. Some years back I was using my office's Focus station wagon to move office - just 3 boxes and a trolley. When I hit the expressway, my right foot was on the floor, but the car was barely accelerating...

i have to agree. Some years back I was using my office's Focus station wagon to move office - just 3 boxes and a trolley. When I hit the expressway, my right foot was on the floor, but the car was barely accelerating...

it looks heavy bodied.... is it so?

Supercharged

haha the rough i guess from his description is about the heavy steering. most of the jap car owners think light steering = good handling [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

How the maintenance for the FOCUS after 5 or 6 year of driving ? I was intending to get a 06/07 model, the dealer advice me not to get the car, always need to send workshoop.

dealer cannot make much money on conti cars, ask you to take jap cars.

go to the ford forum. not much to change and no electronic problems. just 1 or 2 things the ford owners can advise you. this is a under rated car that pp over look at less than 40k for 06 car. but pick up is slower. very safe and handling is excellent.

↡ Advertisement