The most ingenious car invention I've seen recently

A5ph

Neutral Newbie

it be better if it is to protect yr own car rather other others. [:p]

Can always DIY... Pad all your door panels with rubber strips. [:p]

Very clever design, hide the black rubber from sight.

It would only be good if every car comes with it

Edited by Rustyz

Neutral Newbie

ive owned cars and driven in many many countries around the world

singapore is BY FAR the worst place for people banging other peoples car doors like this

Its a clear reflection of our basic lack of care for others

the 'ugly singaporean'

Which countries are the second and third worse places ?

I would presume that Japan tops ur list of most considerate folks.

singapore is BY FAR the worst place for people banging other peoples car doors like this

the 'ugly singaporean'

Too bad it does not protect your own car against others.

It other protect other people's cars.

Actually I find the best way to protect your own car against others is to have the door strip (old cars used to have that).

My car has it. I can see many marks on the strip but nothing on my door.

the 'ugly singaporean'

Care to name a few countries???

i have seen countries in Europe parallel park by banging the car behind to create slightly more space...

and cars in neighbouring countries... since when have you seen them opening doors with any care for other cars???

i have to say that in Singapore, at least 70% have the basic courtesy not to do that...

When u say Europe , are u referring specifically to France, Spain, Italy ?

i have seen countries in Europe parallel park by banging the car behind to create slightly more space...

and cars in neighbouring countries... since when have you seen them opening doors with any care for other cars???

i have to say that in Singapore, at least 70% have the basic courtesy not to do that...

Neutral Newbie

d strange thng is, if there is dent in d car side, d car owner 1st thng will c whether u have d door protector. if no, either he/she will kick your car cos no door protector, altho mayb is d previous car do 1.

tis design not say no good. its doing good,but prevent pple noeing it which leads to a kick or scratch mark by pple, so pple dun buy d idea due to noe showing other drivers d proof of his car got protector.

Can always DIY... Pad all your door panels with rubber strips. [:p]

i saw before a Hyundai coupe using numerous black strips from end to end on the side to protect his car, looks like crap. lol

I always open door using my hand as a "shield"..so even if hit..it will be my fingers which hit the car beside.

I protect other ppl cars...but ppl dun protect my car.....I got alot of dents on my door and its at my passenger side...so it means its the f--king driver!

Turbocharged

how i wish they can invent some like a bubble wrap that will auto deploy (auto roll down for all the doors) once we park our cars!!

I always open door using my hand as a "shield"..so even if hit..it will be my fingers which hit the car beside.

I protect other ppl cars...but ppl dun protect my car.....I got alot of dents on my door and its at my passenger side...so it means its the f--king driver!

Yeah.. this is what I do also... unfortunately i have received dents and scratches from other vehicles who do not take so much care... :angry:

Actually , this is common practice. The cars will park without engaging handbrake, so their car can be pushed back/fro slightly if needed.

Its mutual understanding. If you are worry about dents, then you will not parellel park.

At least this is the case in France. Of course they have to do it gently when they push other cars, to prevent damage.