Price difference between Stockist

Adrianli

Yesterday, my Jap car alternator broke down. Car suddenly experience loss of power and electric steering became heavy. Lucky was near my usual regular workshop. Mechanic told me alternator gone. Quoted me 8-900 for original Jap alternator, 600+ for taiwan OEM, 3-400 for recon set.

I decided to call the various stockists to check price for original Jap alternator for my Jap car model. Call three of them. 1st quoted S$580, 2nd quoted S$800 n 3rd quoted S$800 but no stock. I re-confirmed with the first and its definately original so I bought it from them.

The question, why the big difference in price 580 to 800 between the stockists??? I tot all of them should be ard the same price thereabouts???

So next time to check with different stockist.

↡ Advertisement

I just got my front rotors from a stockist at Race Course road... Called a few and all quoted me the same price...

Maybe the boss likes your voice and give you discount? Or maybe it's an old stock so want to sell of fast before he imports new ones and sell them at $800?

I just got my front rotors from a stockist at Race Course road... Called a few and all quoted me the same price...

Maybe the boss likes your voice and give you discount? Or maybe it's an old stock so want to sell of fast before he imports new ones and sell them at $800?

The sales person say is new stock n just arrived warehouse. I had to wait for one hour for them to transfer from warehouse to their sales outlet. The box n alternator looks brand new and no dust at all.

Even my mechanic is shocked abt the price differences. My mechanic confirmed that the alternator I got was original n brand new.

it depends on the stock level, pricing that they got from their manufacturer.

Some stockists specially keep stocks on limited items in which some other stockists never kept.

So when there is a demand, there goes the carrot cake....

its always good to ask around...

Turbocharged

l got a quote from 2 diff stockist for my fog light. one quoted $70 and the other $100. both are original.

Today also changed radiator fan frame.

Usual stockist was 55, the other 75. Same building.

Called YT for Kyb front shocks, 128 per pc.

Called CH for the same, no stock and extremely fcuked up attitude like owe him a living. (Blacklisted)

Called my trusty stockist, - Original Shocks Thai 95 per pc

Other stockist, thai 115 per pc... [rolleyes]

And the business of the other one seems better...

They also buy from one another. If you called up the stockist with no stock on hand, he will call around to source, then mark up lor.

Especially true.

Normally when you hear, "Need to bring in from warehouse.", time to find another source.

But for TS case, it surprisingly worked out well.

Yesterday, my Jap car alternator broke down. Car suddenly experience loss of power and electric steering became heavy. Lucky was near my usual regular workshop. Mechanic told me alternator gone. Quoted me 8-900 for original Jap alternator, 600+ for taiwan OEM, 3-400 for recon set.

I decided to call the various stockists to check price for original Jap alternator for my Jap car model. Call three of them. 1st quoted S$580, 2nd quoted S$800 n 3rd quoted S$800 but no stock. I re-confirmed with the first and its definately original so I bought it from them.

The question, why the big difference in price 580 to 800 between the stockists??? I tot all of them should be ard the same price thereabouts???

That is expensive, boss. Last time my original mini cooper S alternator also cost $900 at the workshop, presumably already marked up from stockist pricing. So there is no reason for your original jap alternator to cost $900 also!

Edited by Viceroymenthol

Have you called and checked if it is the same country of manufacture?

This is notwithstanding that they are stock or original items/parts.

sometimes there is only one authorized stockist. He is the only one allowed to buy from the manufacturer. He brings in it and sells it to other stockist. Hence other stockist will also have their own mark up on the price they buy from the authorized stockist. hence there are many stockist, but because of one authorized distributor licence, he would be cheaper as he does not need to mark up from another middle man.

This thing happens in my industry too (marine sales). if the ship owner does his homework and gets a quote from me, he will know that I am the authorized distributor and my price is 20-50% less than other stockist! [flowerface]

Neutral Newbie

Same case for me too. Went around

Calling stockist for quotation on my

Brake rotors. GSE quote : $40/pc, GSE

Resaler : $45/pc. FT quote : $48/pc.

All are quoting for the same brand. COO :

Jpn. In the end, i got from GSE.

I realised that when you start calling

Stockist, they will sure to ask where u

Calling form.. So the trick is if you say

You are from XXX workshop, chances are

Will get a lower prices. I have tested and

Proven. Anyway the recipt is issued as

Cash Sale so they wont know if you

Are lying.

Are lying.

bro can u list which stockist sell toyota camry parts at good price (company name & add & no.)

i havent bought any from those place yet so not so sure about them..

thanks

Are lying.

Haha but when you go back to buy more parts, won't they know that you're lying?

can go with recon set

Have you called and checked if it is the same country of manufacture?

This is notwithstanding that they are stock or original items/parts.

Yup, checked, same country of manufacture, Japan. It is made by Denso with exact name plate as my original alternator in my car.

The price difference of 220 is really shocking to me.

↡ Advertisement