Woohoo! No uni exams for econs students!

Sabian

Turbocharged

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sin...1157020/1/.html

SINGAPORE: Some students from the National University of Singapore were shocked when their economics examination was cancelled on Saturday due to a lack of test papers.

More than 700 first-year students were supposed to take the exam when they were informed of the change.

The university said it had not printed enough papers for the examination.

The 30 per cent weightage of the mid-term paper will now be shifted to other assignments.

An official apology was finally sent out to all affected students.

An NUS student, who only wanted to be known as Mr Tan, said: "I feel very frustrated and annoyed because I studied so hard for it and it got cancelled at the last minute."

"I'm also annoyed at how they called us down on a Saturday and did not send (us) the information in a professional manner... I shouldn't be hearing this kind of thing from a friend," he added.

Edited by Sabian
↡ Advertisement

what kind of paper they use cannot be photocopy on the spot?

at most half an hour late lor [rolleyes]

those who hope to get better grade in exam to pull the overall result up will be very tulan <_<

papers stolen ?

But who would steal all the papers? I would steal one and let the exam continue [laugh]

Think they probably used last year's questions in error - happened before.

Neutral Newbie

They shd be hiding some reason that cannot be brought to light, since they have conducted numerous exams before and they already know the date of the exam months before, so cannot say did not print enough papers.

But who would steal all the papers? I would steal one and let the exam continue [laugh]

steal in bulk to disrupt the exams? see.. e plot is a success! [laugh]

steal in bulk to disrupt the exams? see.. e plot is a success! [laugh]

steal one enough to cancel the exam le.

they print just nice only.

they count 1 missing=suspect leak=cancel exam

Yeah, these univ students never grill the univ properly. How come cannot just photocopy some more, if it is truly insufficient papers?

They actually accept this kind of explanation? Very naive!

Maybe it's insider at work, so to prevent huge scandal... Maybe more exams affected, so better to [lipsrsealed]

Edited by Sosaria

This one is the "honest mistake, let's learn from this and move on" type lah. No problem, can say out and be forgiven!

Most likely the kuku printer printed only 550 instead of 750.

Could the printer read 5 instead of 7?

Or the school keyed in 5 instead of 7 without checking.

One day before the exam,no one counted and double checks?

Was it local or FT teacher and printer?

I am happy to see more and more of such kok ups and complacency. There is a general trend of not caring too much and careless attitude all around this nation.

Why not let the student share the booklets? How many pages is the exam question book?

To go photo state the exam papers....you know the bureaucracy, the approval, the funds disbursement, etc...mayl take more than two weeks to get the final go ahead to print.

The greatest irony is the management economic course is an insult to itself for failing to manage its economic properly!!

Big FAIL.

Hypersonic

All of you wrong lah. They printed kamasutra instead of econs. How to carry on with exam like that? [laugh][laugh] Not enough paper only happen in Africa. Go any bookshop can buy rims and rims of paper to print.

I am happy to see more and more of such kok ups and complacency. There is a general trend of not caring too much and careless attitude all around this nation.

From what I learned from relative working in educ inst, anything to do with exams, e.g. preparing and submitting paper, grading and recording of marks, is treated with utmost care, many levels of checking.

Of course, if somebody did not check or follow through the process properly - be prepared to 'hara kiri' if something goes wrong. Can even lead to dismissal.

↡ Advertisement