Continental tyres vs Falken tyres

Anshng

dear bros

Changed my tyres to Falken 225/50/R17 recently to try as the price is half that of continental. previously was using michelin. Anyone can tell what is the difference to justify double the price? Anyone changed before and at what price? Thanks

↡ Advertisement

dear bros

Changed my tyres to Falken 225/50/R17 recently to try as the price is half that of continental. previously was using michelin. Anyone can tell what is the difference to justify double the price? Anyone changed before and at what price? Thanks

Falkens are almost the cheapest Japanese brand here...they want to take a pie out from Bridgestone & Yokohama...but not yet sucess.

congrats on your new tyres

there's no need to justify why Brand A cost less than Brand B. if you are happy with your purchase and worked within your budget, so be contented with it...

i feel Contis are more comfortable and quiet across the board (compared to Falkens). The feel of CSC3 is very neutral on turn ins, yet very grippy in both wet and dry. It's German engineering and comes as OE part with many German cars.

Falkens are value for money, providing Japanese quality and technology at a very good price. Some of my best experiences are on Falkens, but I had to live with the road noise and tyre wear. Also, the performance Falkens feels less grippy on wet roads compared with Contis, but i don't drive fast on wet roads anyway...

hope that justifies your buy

Falkens are almost the cheapest Japanese brand here...they want to take a pie out from Bridgestone & Yokohama...but not yet sucess.

well, bridgestone and yokokama have reach the stage where their tyres can be use widely as oem by car makers all over the world.

so as conti, and michelin tyres. but can any 1 come out with any car that use falken tyres ?

they still lagging behind other jap brand by alot,

but if u take burget into consideration, they are indeed cheaper by alot also.

dear bros

Not much of an experience with Falken but with Conti, they are good if you can afford the prices.

dear bros

Maybe you will get the answer if we re-visit your questions after 10 - 20000km of usage.

dear bros

So far i had used Falken ZE912 before.....cheap n not bad.....the only time that I aquaplane is when the tread had worn out......

Thanks everyone

I am more concerned about the safety but i guess it should still be safe ba since it is japanes brand. Even putting both conti and falken side by side i also cannot tell the difference. Maybe it will just last shorter.

As i am a very light user of perhaps 10K km per year, there is no point for me to get too good one right as the tyres cannot last too long as well?Correct me if i am wrong..

So even if i change a conti and maybe 2 years run 20K km, i will still need to change as the tyres already 2 years alreadY?

i alos looking to change my tires r16 205/55...dont know which is the better one comparing continental and michellin

Just change mine yesterday from Yoko DB to CSC2 @ 165 a piece

Made in Germany and manufactured 23rd week year 11

Quiet and 1 word-Shiok!

Thanks everyone

I am more concerned about the safety but i guess it should still be safe ba since it is japanes brand. Even putting both conti and falken side by side i also cannot tell the difference. Maybe it will just last shorter.

As i am a very light user of perhaps 10K km per year, there is no point for me to get too good one right as the tyres cannot last too long as well?Correct me if i am wrong..

So even if i change a conti and maybe 2 years run 20K km, i will still need to change as the tyres already 2 years alreadY?

different ppl got different view , for me i dun think that way,

your tyre size properly mean u are driving quite a big car.

and lets say 1 pcs of tyre cost u 150 sgd more, 4 pcs cost u about 600 sgd more.

and u say u have very low mileage, like 10k per year,

1 set of conti tyre with 10k rotation once, should last u at least 40k.

mean the next time u change tyre should be about 3years+-

we take it as 3 year = 1095 days

that is about 50cents more per day, from using a set or premium tyres with my famlly around, and i feel safe in rain braking. etc etc baba

of course i not saying the falken tyres unsafe , not good or what . all i am pointing out is, u change tyre so many years 1 time. y not chose a better 1? when u pump 1 full tank pertrol already how much?

Neutral Newbie

conti n falken quite a diff

conti is premium tyres, falken is affordable type.

conti is way much better than falken. but d price oso :P

different ppl got different view , for me i dun think that way,

your tyre size properly mean u are driving quite a big car.

and lets say 1 pcs of tyre cost u 150 sgd more, 4 pcs cost u about 600 sgd more.

and u say u have very low mileage, like 10k per year,

1 set of conti tyre with 10k rotation once, should last u at least 40k.

mean the next time u change tyre should be about 3years+-

we take it as 3 year = 1095 days

that is about 50cents more per day, from using a set or premium tyres with my famlly around, and i feel safe in rain braking. etc etc baba

of course i not saying the falken tyres unsafe , not good or what . all i am pointing out is, u change tyre so many years 1 time. y not chose a better 1? when u pump 1 full tank pertrol already how much?

U have a good point.. Next change I will go for a Continental tyre and try instead of always going for Brigestone or Hankook.. Only thing is current set got tread wear of 300.. Just still have another 1.5 to 2 hrs of 40000 km to drive before needing a change..

Are you saying BS makes lousy tyres? Do you know how much they cost?

U have a good point.. Next change I will go for a Continental tyre and try instead of always going for Brigestone or Hankook.. Only thing is current set got tread wear of 300.. Just still have another 1.5 to 2 hrs of 40000 km to drive before needing a change..

every tyre, cheap or expensive is quiet and grippy when very new. but over time and mileage, then can tell the good and lousy ones apart.

dear bros

u may want to invest a good ear plug cos u will need it real soon :)