Used BMW 320i or Lexus IS250?

20G

Mamamia!!! Fark. hahaha. When I was shown the job sheet for my wife's 320 that time, I was like....gosh. The car was less than 5 years and 50k km on clock. Serviced deligently. Every PML visit is like more than $1k...faithfully pay....

Now go Borneo, got ice cream eat....aunty pang teh for u to lim. Bill come...all few hundreds. Full fluid change plus gearbox...affordable $495 NETT. all transparent costing. No problems whatsoever with car.... Happy man....

Even my own Audi was not as memorable as the Beemer....in terms of bills of course and repairs... :angry:

Wow we got the same idea ;)

Hehe, Ice cream is Hageen Daz somemore ;)

↡ Advertisement

Why compare IS250 and 320 huh? The second hand car price of IS250 is higher than 320! The car price of IS250 is comparable to a 323.

320 seriously pale in comparison in terms of everything to IS250. Go compare specs to specs you will know why i say that. If you want the ultimate spec, go for a IS250 Luxury, you get every s--t you need :P

I am driving a IS250 Luxury, no joke everything you want also have and some even above your expectation, everything you need also have hahaha

Edited by Hoppie24

ur rite, my fren has been driving jap all the while.

ur oso right that my fren dun need that much 'power' anymore coz he's already sick of having more then double of wat IS250 is giving now, the last i heard. i guess as a man aged, power is not everything, anymore.

Power is not everything but comfort is. A smooth 6 banger beats a 4 banger anytime of the day..... Only non car noobs know this.

Wow we got the same idea ;)

Hehe, Ice cream is Hageen Daz somemore ;)

Lol.... The badge provides lots of ego mah even though whats beneath the bonnet is trash.....

Hopefully TS friend will not face any valvetronic problem......

• Praise 1

IS250.

I was down the same route and went for the IS250 instead :P

Aunty car? hardly. The drive is pretty agile.

but I have to say, the IS250 does not handle as good as the BMW. torque curve is more linear, unlike the BMW's S-curve. Makes a difference when u rev high all the time.

in a nutshell it's a effortless car compare to the bmw...

• Praise 1

Power is not everything but comfort is. A smooth 6 banger beats a 4 banger anytime of the day..... Only non car noobs know this.

everybody's comfort level is subjective.

buying a 320i is noob coz a 6 banger is much smoother then a 4 banger?

so anybody that doesn't go for a 6 banger is a car noob?

in this case, i try to persuade my fren to go for the RR Phantom instead.

but to be frank 320 handling is good...the interior feel solid...but the lack of power is the big minors....

if i were to choose...325 is a well balance car...but space wise is really lacking...but surprisingly the leg space for front passenger not that bad...as if you can extend ur leg all the way to the engine bay...very unique...

but to be frank 320 handling is good...the interior feel solid...but the lack of power is the big minors....

if i were to choose...325 is a well balance car...but space wise is really lacking...but surprisingly the leg space for front passenger not that bad...as if you can extend ur leg all the way to the engine bay...very unique...

I agree that the 325i (IL-6) is a better car compared to the 320i (4 Potters) but there is also a price difference between the two. A closer/fairer comparisan should be a 323i/325i vs the IS 250 as both are 2.5 litres engines.

Space wise, the rear leg room for the IS250 is even smaller compared to a 3 series.

I agree that the 325i (IL-6) is a better car compared to the 320i (4 Potters) but there is also a price difference between the two. A closer/fairer comparisan should be a 323i/325i vs the IS 250 as both are 2.5 litres engines.

Space wise, the rear leg room for the IS250 is even smaller compared to a 3 series.

hmm if price is a concern...TS should not even go for either 320 or IS250....can try the poor man is250 (mark X)

haha

space and power confirm better...even 325 cannot match...and is cheaper too

hmm if price is a concern...TS should not even go for either 320 or IS250....can try the poor man is250 (mark X)

haha

space and power confirm better...even 325 cannot match...and is cheaper too

u driving mark x of coz u say its better la.. dun come and hard sell the car here ok? [laugh]

btw, do u happen to live ard pasir ris or tampines area? i always see one white mark x wif full kit in the morning. has got some stickers on it i think checkered ones..

u driving mark x of coz u say its better la.. dun come and hard sell the car here ok? [laugh]

btw, do u happen to live ard pasir ris or tampines area? i always see one white mark x wif full kit in the morning. has got some stickers on it i think checkered ones..

haha yes i drive one...but i just wan to convey how i feel driving this car.. i am not the sales guy btw..

i live in haogang la...not white but black...no sticker on my car coz i old liao...

my boss just bought a 320...2nd hand but very new. i think just 1 year old. i took his car out tat day....the ride is solid...but the power is not there lo...i think my previous accord can do better in term of power...the steering jammed after about 2 months without reason....but recover by itself after that...i think is very dangerous..

another fren of mine driving 525 sport model...tat day we went out for sprint..again is proven that mark x is more powerful...

for most its the badge

used also nevermind,

i seen old ah beng park black bmw parallel full length in front of coffee shop , block main footway, i go behind i see 318

i go petrol in my fren's gti, old ah beng behind queue at counter will dig out beemer key then put in front of us at register counter

u c just how powerful a used bmw can disillusion a struggling peasant , and the reality is they cant even put up a proper image let alone own a proper status car

Edited by Mecontle
  • Praise 1

for most its the badge

used also nevermind,

i seen old ah beng park black bmw parallel full length in front of coffee shop , block main footway, i go behind i see 318

i go petrol in my fren's gti, old ah beng behind queue at counter will dig out beemer key then put in front of us at register counter

u c just how a used bmw ownership can disillusion a struggling peasant's mind

hmm...i wonder how would i feel driving a Beemer....must be at different level...walk also got wind ho...not bad not bad....

is a hao lian car....no wonder nowaday so many 320 on the road...

to be frank if long time u never meet ur fren and suddenly he appear in front of u driving one....will u think that he is more up scale den u? i would not deny that the badge is important in today society...even fortune teller will recommend one to upgrade to BMW to gain better fortune...no joke man

Hi the e90 320i is a BMW entry level model. It has IL4 2L engine and unlike the higher end versions (e92 coupes and above) the 320i is manufactured in South Afica (and not germany). So build quality and reliability are issues especially beyond the 3rd year when warranty ends

This is compounded by PML's very poor servicing. Horror stories abound and i encourage you to hope over to the BMW forums.

To be honest the IS250 is a great car and should be compared more so with the 325i. It has a 2.5L V6 and is a reliable product. I have been through several BMWs and if you have cash to spare i recommend a 325i over the 320i. BMW is well known for its creamy smooth straight 6 and you will get a more responsive and enjoyable ride that is built in germany.

Otherwise if u have to choose between a 320i and IS250....go for the IS250. Of the 2 it really is the better car although the comparison is not fair.

Hi Guys,

Friend is changing ride soon and cannot decided between these 2. He's pretty much leaning towards the 320 but heard lots of horrible stories abt the reliability of it.

IS250 on the other hand is pretty much bullet proof as it's sharing Toyota parts but he finds it boring.

Any advise on the pros and cons of these 2 rides?

↡ Advertisement