A4 Limited Edition or 2011 C180?

Kar_lover

Hi

My fren in dilema. I also not sure. Both cars 1.8L, around 160hp and 230-250Nm. A4 is CVVT, C180 is 7 g-tronic (heard got some stalling issues).

Any major differences to highlight between the two?

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

Hi,

Other than the C180 being RWD and A4 being FWD,

And A4 slightly bigger in dimension, the perceived depreciation for A4 seems higher.

Haven't heard about the C180 gearbox issue though.

Personally I will go for C180 due to it's higher reliability rating and badge appeal. Also comparing w Passat which has similar specs due to it's lower price. But if I do get the C180, I may opt for the 1.6 with normal gearbox as I intend to drive it way past warranty period.

Still not very comfortable with too advanced gearboxes which may cost a very big bomb to repair after warranty.

Hi,

And A4 slightly bigger in dimension, the perceived depreciation for A4 seems higher.

Personally I will go for C180 due to it's higher reliability rating and badge appeal. Also comparing w Passat which has similar specs due to it's lower price. But if I do get the C180, I may opt for the 1.6 with normal gearbox as I intend to drive it way past warranty period.

Still not very comfortable with too advanced gearboxes which may cost a very big bomb to repair after warranty.

Thanks.

Did consider Passat but the list price is around $170+. We actually got an offer for A4 lite for below $160k with g/teed COE and throw in the DRL. From what i know VW don't give very much off the list price.

Anyway VW also not in the same league. If considering Passat, will also consider Cit C5 or Peugeot 508 which are cheaper.

My fren barely only mid 30s....is it too early to get a Merc? I just feel A4 is a younger and sportier brand whereas merc got a bit of that uncle/towkay image.

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

7-G Tronic has been ard for quite a while and it's silky smooth! No worries abt it's reliability issue!

Neutral Newbie

My fren barely only mid 30s....is it too early to get a Merc? I just feel A4 is a younger and sportier brand whereas merc got a bit of that uncle/towkay image.

I think its just the mindset? I just turned 27 last month, and my merc is coming end of this month :wub:

Thanks.

Did consider Passat but the list price is around $170+. We actually got an offer for A4 lite for below $160k with g/teed COE and throw in the DRL. From what i know VW don't give very much off the list price.

Anyway VW also not in the same league. If considering Passat, will also consider Cit C5 or Peugeot 508 which are cheaper.

That's quite a good offer for the A4. List price was above $200K?

Does MB offer that much discount off the C180?

Agreed VW is not exactly a premium brand. The 7DSG has opposing views on it's reliability too.

Anyway I considered C180 because it doesn't look as 'uncle' as most Merz.

I prefer A4's lower stance and more sporty look. Plus a MTM chip-up package mentioned in another thread will make it an even sportier drive.

The only thing holding me back from Audi is I see more old Merz on the road than Audi.

Thanks.

I would go for the A4 for the price - below 160k.... I believe the listed price for the C180 CGI should be above 190k and netted price, i would estimate the selling price to be around 180k. I am looking at the "value for money" and I would go for the A4. Dont compare to Passat, C5 or 508, they are different class lah.

I would go for the A4 for the price - below 160k.... I believe the listed price for the C180 CGI should be above 190k and netted price, i would estimate the selling price to be around 180k. I am looking at the "value for money" and I would go for the A4. Dont compare to Passat, C5 or 508, they are different class lah.

but if buy A4, should go for the 2.0L..not 1.8L

Supercharged

That's quite a good offer for the A4. List price was above $200K?

Does MB offer that much discount off the C180?

u wan high discount ah?

ask them sell u list price $300K then discount $100K+ lor.

should only use depreciation...