Buying Commercial Properties

Sabbie

Anyone here has any knowledge of the dynamics of buying commercial properties in Singapore? What are they costs involved and how much bank loan we can take and the estimated interest rates? I only got knowledge of resident and never look into commercial before.

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

why some commericial properties need to pay GST and some don't, what quantum can bank loan and interest rate

sabbie sabbie bro

i notice you have started alot of threads recently

Could be infected with the funner disease

why some commericial properties need to pay GST and some don't, what quantum can bank loan and interest rate

If the seller is GST registered, then have to pay GST.

Quantum of bank loan.. commercial really depends on the expected rental return. Banks look at the ability to service the monthly installments.

If the seller is GST registered, then have to pay GST.

Quantum of bank loan.. commercial really depends on the expected rental return. Banks look at the ability to service the monthly installments.

oic, thanks, so if buy from individual and non company means no need to pay gst hor...i heard bank only lend 70% is this true? doesn't this depend on income of buyer or cmpany rather than expected rental?

Some banks loan 50%, some up to 80%.. commercial property also lots if type and also have specific usage

Thanks, learned somethings from this thread.

Sabbie,

wanna buy commercial prop, better register a GST company. Not that difficult.

Then hor, you pay GST to developer, but can claim back later.

Any prop agent worth the salt should be able to advise.

I no agent btw.

Sabbie,

wanna buy commercial prop, better register a GST company. Not that difficult.

Then hor, you pay GST to developer, but can claim back later.

Any prop agent worth the salt should be able to advise.

I no agent btw.

Yup, if not bohua to pay the 7%, unless I look for those that no need to pay gst, but don't think there are many, still learning, only know about residential at the moment, so can just set up a investment holding company to buy commercial properties?

Neutral Newbie

Hi, i"m new here, dot mind sharing, Cost to take note when buying Commercial / Industrial pty, need to incur 7% Gst, but if register under a company able to claim back as wat Latio2005A said. Stamp Fee as usual, & den will be legal fee. legal fee normally if take up loan they will subsidy 0.4% of loan amount, so meaning u pay less den a $1000 or even free,

U re able to take up to 80% loan from most bank if buying under company name, provided is alive for 2 yrs or so, they will base on yur annual turnover

liability... & so on, buying under personal name will loan onli 70% base on your NOA.. As for Interest is vry competative nw a days, in market est 1.6% nw.. sor rate or sibor need to chk with those banks...

Edited by Volvo138

Hi, i"m new here, dot mind sharing, Cost to take note when buying Commercial / Industrial pty, need to incur 7% Gst, but if register under a company able to claim back as wat Latio2005A said. Stamp Fee as usual, & den will be legal fee. legal fee normally if take up loan they will subsidy 0.4% of loan amount, so meaning u pay less den a $1000 or even free,

U re able to take up to 80% loan from most bank if buying under company name, provided is alive for 2 yrs or so, they will base on yur annual turnover

liability... & so on, buying under personal name will loan onli 70% base on your NOA.. As for Interest is vry competative nw a days, in market est 1.6% nw.. sor rate or sibor need to chk with those banks...

Thanks for sharing

No worries :D

Speaking of which I also realised there are not many strata title commercial properties you can buy in singapore...

Industrial properties as an investment are easy to manage. No need to do much renovation. Tenants usually stay for quite a few years and are reluctant to move unless they outgrow the place.

↡ Advertisement