Beware of First coach

Mattjoe

We took First coach to kl this week. Bought return tickets and on the way up realized that we left the return journey tickets at home ( our fault). We contacted the office once we arrived. They have on record our names, ticket no., mode of payment etc. But refused to issue new tickets. We would have gladly bought new tickets if they do not have records, but they actually repeated our names tel no. And confirm that we are the passengers then tell us that there will be no new issue unless we can show them the return tickets- duh!

Then after we purchase new tickets, told us we can get refund within 7 days if we show our unused tickets

in Singapore. Today, when we got to the office, they claim they are just agents and refund will take at least 2 months and will be in ringgit although we pay in Singapore dollars.

I simply cannot understand why when they know all the details of passengers, they still will not replace tickets. To me this is a matter of principle. For airlines, we just need to show passport to get a boarding pass.

So for those who want to travel with this company, be extra careful. I wonder if other bus companies are the same? Anyone have encountered the same problem?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

tell them you will go to case and also stomp them on internet plus write to wanbao/sinming :D

then if you prepare to lose the refund [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

We took First coach to kl this week. Bought return tickets and on the way up realized that we left the return journey tickets at home ( our fault). We contacted the office once we arrived. They have on record our names, ticket no., mode of payment etc. But refused to issue new tickets. We would have gladly bought new tickets if they do not have records, but they actually repeated our names tel no. And confirm that we are the passengers then tell us that there will be no new issue unless we can show them the return tickets- duh!

Then after we purchase new tickets, told us we can get refund within 7 days if we show our unused tickets

in Singapore. Today, when we got to the office, they claim they are just agents and refund will take at least 2 months and will be in ringgit although we pay in Singapore dollars.

I simply cannot understand why when they know all the details of passengers, they still will not replace tickets. To me this is a matter of principle. For airlines, we just need to show passport to get a boarding pass.

So for those who want to travel with this company, be extra careful. I wonder if other bus companies are the same? Anyone have encountered the same problem?

by right if u misplace your tickets, its as good as losing the boarding pass even if you proof you are the passenger. They are actually pretty kind.

[laugh]

Next time you buy tickets to a movie in advance. Then leave the tickets at home, and try to enter the cinema for the show... see what's going to happen! [laugh]

Yes, I agree that the company is already kind enough to offer to refund you, as it all started from your mistake. Just wait for the money lah... only complain if they end up not refunding you.

.........Then after we purchase new tickets, told us we can get refund within 7 days if we show our unused tickets

in Singapore. Today, when we got to the office, they claim they are just agents and refund will take at least 2 months and will be in ringgit although we pay in Singapore dollars.....

I believe the new tickets were paid in ringgit, so should be better to refund exactly the same currency, to avoid the issue of "incorrect exchange rate".

The refund is for the new tickets.

sorry to hear that.......

lesson learned,take other coach then......move on!

Agree with most of you that at movies and concerts hard to prove so no refund. If buy ticket from golden mile where they issue tix without asking for name also ok if no refund. Any way losing tix is my fault. However, if you know the passenger and all the details then kind of odd right? Btw, if you loss boarding pass in airport, they will replace with proof of identity. And no, tickets were issued on the day of purchase no t on day of departure. I'm ok with buying another tix since losing it is my fault, but warning that if you r careless by nature, this company is not the one to travel with. Btw, we inform them of the loss 2 days before taking the bus.

Neutral Newbie

Agree with most of you that at movies and concerts hard to prove so no refund. If buy ticket from golden mile where they issue tix without asking for name also ok if no refund. Any way losing tix is my fault. However, if you know the passenger and all the details then kind of odd right? Btw, if you loss boarding pass in airport, they will replace with proof of identity. And no, tickets were issued on the day of purchase no t on day of departure. I'm ok with buying another tix since losing it is my fault, but warning that if you r careless by nature, this company is not the one to travel with. Btw, we inform them of the loss 2 days before taking the bus.

This is SOP for coaches. If you lose it, buy it. Its been practice since the day bus coaches operates to Malaysia. You can go to first class coach such as aerolines which operates at harbour front, same thing they warn the passenger "Please keep your return tickets with you at all times". First coach is the cheapest among all coaches, maybe the price you paid = to the type of service you get. You can try KKKL which operates at queen street as another cheapo alternative.

Perhaps taking coach isnt your thing, try driving up instead to save all the trouble.

Edited by Maka

As far as I can recall, most of these coach ticket sales are handled by agents. Sometimes, even the bus does not belong to the same company and they don't exactly talk to each other effectively.

~20 years ago when I used to take the SG-KL coach a lot, visiting KL for assignments, it was not uncommon that buses were overbooked, or people booked tickets for one timing, and board the bus for another timing. The bus conductor usually don't really care, and send the passengers back to the ticketing agent to sort out any disputes - they will let whoever arrives first board the bus, and only care about leaving the bus depot on schedule. If I were you, I would just go ahead and try to board the coach anyway.

What is wrong with ppl nowsadays har.

Make mistake and still cry foul.

They have evey right to refuse any refund. The tickets are bot on thier terms, not yours.

• Praise 1

it yr mistake and u KPKB.

U pay ringit. they refund in ringit. whats wrong?

In the 1st place, they shouldnt entertain you at all. That's their big mistake!

Not fair to them with your title : "Beware of First Coach"

Edited by Mcf777

Neutral Newbie

What is wrong with ppl nowsadays har.

Make mistake and still cry foul.

They have evey right to refuse any refund. The tickets are bot on thier terms, not yours.

They just want to show others that they are actually crying out loud to appease their inner consciousness. [laugh]

Nowadays got internet, nobody really know who each other is. Worst is using "warning" as an excuse to cover for their complaining act. But then again, it does give us critics a fairly good laugh reading. [laugh]

You should try Transtar 1st class coaches. expensive but very song! The coach is theirs. no agents, no middleman.

yup.....tried it b4 and i think only 24/26 person.

↡ Advertisement