healthy sustainable growth without a complete purge of the financial

system and some type of catalyst. Something that restores some measure

of social cohesion among people; it could be hyperinflation, a

complete credit market collapse, widespread sovereign defaults, civil

strife, major military confrontation.

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Its true. I fully agree with this.

US needs a SOB, MF who is tough as a nut and will not waver in the face of oppositions.

Obama is tough, but i think he's not tough enough.

If you put a young LKY there, i can guarantee he will overturn every corner of US and whip them up to their senses.

It was also the same as Steve Jobs. I heard he was a tyrant in Apple, and it brought Apple to where it is now. Without the tyrant Steve, Apple could be long gone. It was almost long gone, after Steve left, and he came back and whacked everyone up in Apple.

Mr. Nice Guy will not get things moving.

The problem with US is they respect too much of human rights and democracy. Every one wants to have their own say and own way. This is not the time to sit down and chit chat about i want, what you want. This is the time where someone needs to stand up and say "Look here, you SOB, we have a problem and i want to pull every resources to solve it. I dont bloody care what you think and what you want. You listen to i have to say and do what i tell you to."

LKY can do that.

Once again, the latest fire and brimstone sermon by Marc Faber is

absolutely spot on, starting and ending with his "policy"

recommendation for what the US needs: "I will tell you what the US

needs. The US needs a Lee Kwan Yew who stands in front of the US and

tells them, listen you lazy bugger, now you have to tighten your

belts, you have to save more, work more for lower salaries and only

through that will we get out of the current dilemma that essentially

prevents the economy from growing."

recently i overhead a case of a person saying if usa had LKY instead of obama at its helm, usa would be prosperous instead of hitting the plateau now.

i believe this is rather shallow view because track record in leading small asian culture country does nto necessary augurs to one's ability to lead a huge country who's culture may still hold a scant regard for the ability of asians.

can we say sim wong hoo will lead apple jsut as well as steve jobs especially during the period whereby jobs have not re-emerged and apple was still in the doldrums?

Its true. I fully agree with this.

US needs a SOB, MF who is tough as a nut and will not waver in the face of oppositions.

Obama is tough, but i think he's not tough enough.

If you put a young LKY there, i can guarantee he will overturn every corner of US and whip them up to their senses.

It was also the same as Steve Jobs. I heard he was a tyrant in Apple, and it brought Apple to where it is now. Without the tyrant Steve, Apple could be long gone. It was almost long gone, after Steve left, and he came back and whacked everyone up in Apple.

Mr. Nice Guy will not get things moving.

The problem with US is they respect too much of human rights and democracy. Every one wants to have their own say and own way. This is not the time to sit down and chit chat about i want, what you want. This is the time where someone needs to stand up and say "Look here, you SOB, we have a problem and i want to pull every resources to solve it. I dont bloody care what you think and what you want. You listen to i have to say and do what i tell you to."

LKY can do that.

Maybe Houston could help :

Houston, we have a problem

Meaning : Originally a genuine report of a life-threatening fault. Now used humorously to report any kind of problem.

Origin : 'Houston, we have a problem' is right up there with 'Beam me up Scotty' at the top of the spaceflight-related quotations tree. In fact, both are slight misquotations.

Swigert and then Lovell (almost) used the phrase to report a major technical fault in the electrical system of one of the Service Module's oxygen tanks:

Swigert: 'Okay, Houston, we've had a problem here.'

Houston: 'This is Houston. Say again please.'

Lovell: 'Houston, we've had a problem. We've had a main B bus undervolt.'

'Houston, we have a problem' was used later as the tagline for the 1995 film - Apollo 13. It is the dialogue of the film. edited for dramatic effect, that is now best remembered:

Uh, this is Houston. Uh, say again, please?

Houston, we have a problem. We have a main bus B undervolt.

[:p][:p][:p]

Edited by Picnic06

recently i overhead a case of a person saying if usa had LKY instead of obama at its helm, usa would be prosperous instead of hitting the plateau now.

i believe this is rather shallow view because track record in leading small asian culture country does nto necessary augurs to one's ability to lead a huge country who's culture may still hold a scant regard for the ability of asians.

can we say sim wong hoo will lead apple jsut as well as steve jobs especially during the period whereby jobs have not re-emerged and apple was still in the doldrums?

The americans will boycott old man lee's iron fist style and he will go no where and come back to asia with his tail between his legs............... what's good for 'complyhing/yes' sgpreans and a small city state may not be even half good in a country 1000 times the size with 100,000 more vocal pple.

Cant really expect a mama stall owner to run a multi-million dollors retail chain

Supercharged

The americans will boycott old man lee's iron fist style and he will go no where and come back to asia with his tail between his legs............... what's good for 'complyhing/yes' sgpreans and a small city state may not be even half good in a country 1000 times the size with 100,000 more vocal pple.

Cant really expect a mama stall owner to run a multi-million dollors retail chain

Isnt this what Marc Faber said about US now? you are just "parroting" him.......

Actually it goes both way.

take a great politician who used to gahmen big and resourceful country to singapore. they will likely screw it up.

i believe what Faber is saying is not literately mean bringing LKY. but rather they need someone who is not a populise policy maker and whack the whole lot of bugger out of their dream.

Actually it goes both way.

take a great politician who used to gahmen big and resourceful country to singapore. they will likely screw it up.

i believe what Faber is saying is not literately mean bringing LKY. but rather they need someone who is not a populise policy maker and whack the whole lot of bugger out of their dream.

i know, that's why i don't say obama will succeed leading singapore nor did i say jobs will do well leading creative technologies. but i must say jobs have a much higher likelihood to do well though.

what i am merely retorting is the superficial view i overhead which smells like the piece that marc faber said but tastes quite differently. in short, i am only bringing up the superficial view i overheard because it bears some resemblance to marc faber's words. but because they eventally are different, i am more expressing my disdain for the superficial view i overheard.

in fact i recognize marc faber's comment is to get someone (probably american) harsh and strict like LKY to helm usa, he never say get LKY is best. my reading and comprehension skills still remains intact [laugh]

Edited by Acemundo

orrgh....u say j22 is a retard and cannot read properri....... <_<<_<

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU [laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

i know, that's why i don't say obama will succeed leading singapore nor did i say jobs will do well leading creative technologies. but i must say jobs have a much higher likelihood to do well though.

what i am merely retorting is the superficial view i overhead which smells like the piece that marc faber said but tastes quite differently. in short, i am only bringing up the superficial view i overheard because it bears some resemblance to marc faber's words. but because they eventally are different, i am more expressing my disdain for the superficial view i overheard.

in fact i recognize marc faber's comment is to get someone (probably american) harsh and strict like LKY to helm usa, he never say get LKY is best. my reading and comprehension skills still remains intact [laugh]

actually i know your understanding is still intact. [laugh] but i just help you to balance it a bit :ph34r:

Now another retard come in [sly]

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU [laugh][laugh][laugh]

[/size]

haha i will choose to remain diplomatically correct by remaining silent

[lipsrsealed]

↡ Advertisement