这起事故发生在昨天下午3时15分,地点在位于义顺2道第758座组屋附近的有盖天桥,一旁就是地铁轨道。

死者是一名43岁的华族男子,就住在事发地点附近。

据知,事发时他相信是从高4.5米的天桥上坠下,倒在马路上最左边的车道上。

据了解,男子坠下后,虽然没有被车子撞上,但还是因伤重,在3时30分左右宣告不治。

目击者表示,男子当时脸部朝上,头部流了很多血,死状相当骇人。

男子身穿白色上衣,浅蓝色短裤,身材中等。他左手腕带着手表,身上只有一串钥匙,不过没有任何的证件。

完整报道,请翻阅13.10.2011《新明日报》。

Translation:

Incident happened at 3:15pm yesterday at overhead bridge along Yishun Ave 2 near Blk 758.

Deceased is a 43 year old chinese man who lives near the area.

An eyewitness thought the man was going to trim plants when he climbed over the railings and regrets not saving the man.

Although the man was not hit by traffic below, he nevertheless died from his injuries.

↡ Advertisement

wonder what caused the suicide. Why always the news report only what happened and not what casued it? We all can learn from the mistakes and desperation of others so as to caution ourselves. Unless...got thing to hide.

Goodness, luckily didn't hit any motorist passing under the bridge, else might also cause traffic accident and additional injury and death.

The overhead bridge don't look very high, but nonetheless, a fall can be fatal.

As for suicide rate, I read an article previously quoting last year's statistic of 350+, and that's almost one a day on average already.

If the newspapers report every single one, well, every day got one article on average??

wonder what caused the suicide. Why always the news report only what happened and not what casued it? We all can learn from the mistakes and desperation of others so as to caution ourselves. Unless...got thing to hide.

pple suicide are usually caused by depression and/or alreaady driven to desperation..

tv got ad for depression help ma.. but how many are willing to go seek help?

An eyewitness thought the man was going to trim plants when he climbed over the railings and regrets not saving the man.

I can tell you such regret can run very deep and for a long time. [:(]

I just hope this guy doesn't start a new trend.

Suicide by resevoir is relatively harmless.

Suicide by overhead bridge can cause an epic accident.

I can tell you such regret can run very deep and for a long time. [:(]

agree...one of my close friend actually ask me if i ever tried suicide before and told me he tried but fail. next day he committed suicide and pass away...he's suffering from severe depression..he was only 27. Till now still regret why I did not do more. [:(]

It is possible the suicide rate is still 10 suicides per 100K population per year, or 1 per day in a year with a 3.65M population.

It could be restricted reporting that created an impression of low number of suicides taking place. With new media and camera phones, embargoes are no longer possible.

At a higher population of 5.2M and the same suicide rate of 10 (per 100K pop) in 2006, we should get 2 suicides per day in 1 year.

[cool]

Edited by CKP