Taiwan: Road Trip - Taiwan

Lammy84

On 4/2/2023 at 7:58 PM, Tohto said:

The cycling at taiwan is quite dangerous especially those winding  mountain area where it is sharing the road with car, bus and truck.

I drove through the 稣花公路 and 花东公路 in my 2019 shelf drive trip. From taipei to southern 花莲.

I thought go with group or got safety vehicle type? I don't know lar... but from my awareness when schools go, macham got front safety and rear safety vehicle plus got lorry to follow one leh... 

↡ Advertisement

On 4/2/2023 at 8:11 PM, teomingern said:

I thought go with group or got safety vehicle type? I don't know lar... but from my awareness when schools go, macham got front safety and rear safety vehicle plus got lorry to follow one leh... 

On 4/2/2023 at 7:58 PM, Tohto said:

The cycling at taiwan is quite dangerous especially those winding  mountain area where it is sharing the road with car, bus and truck.

I drove through the 稣花公路 and 花东公路 in my 2019 shelf drive trip. From taipei to southern 花莲.

This is a supported tour
https://www.giantcyclingworld.com/travel/travel_detail.php?id=20865916&p_language_id=1
If not used to cycle on Sg road, can forget about cycling on any other roads.

On Neo Tiew road, lorries overtake without too much gap.

Hypersonic
(edited)
On 4/2/2023 at 8:58 PM, inlinesix said:

This is a supported tour
https://www.giantcyclingworld.com/travel/travel_detail.php?id=20865916&p_language_id=1
If not used to cycle on Sg road, can forget about cycling on any other roads.

On Neo Tiew road, lorries overtake without too much gap.

I am referring to the ang moh solo shelf cycling round TW lah.. he himself also mention some portion is quite dangerous.  He did not mention he was cycling as a group.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 1

On 4/2/2023 at 9:12 PM, Tohto said:

I am referring to the ang moh solo shelf cycling round TW lah.. he himself also mention some portion is quite dangerous.  He did not mention he was cycling as a group.

OIC

The only stretch he mentioned dangerous is toucheng toward keelong.

in General, He selected route that has lower traffic.

• Praise 1