Taiwan: Road Trip - Taiwan

Lammy84

Turbocharged

Bro the car u rented is it lhd or rhd??

They have both types rite???

Tks

LHD.. They drive on the opp side of the road, of course it will be LHD.

Besides, it's damn dangerous driving a RHD car on the right side of the road. You can't see s--t when overtaking..

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Pls dun mention bro

Yup I oreadi booked my trip in nov with js

My wife jus told me, since this trip is 2 nd trip to Taiwan

N this itenary are two micro brewery in Taipei n a cingjing farm stay

So public transport better for me

Hahaha

Enjoy bro!!

Year end shiok weather

My advice, Taipei can go public, but must drive to Cingjing.. there's zero public transport up there at night. During my stay there, i see many people walking from their hotel to makan places at night.. trouble if your hotel/minsu is in some ulu places..

My advice, Taipei can go public, but must drive to Cingjing.. there's zero public transport up there at night. During my stay there, i see many people walking from their hotel to makan places at night.. trouble if your hotel/minsu is in some ulu places..

Public in Taipei that's for sure

Will take a bullet train to nearest station I hvnt chk nantou or Taichung

Then cingjing area will cater a transport ba

I should not be driving in Taiwan

Haha

It's precisely due to the cooling weather that we're planning to go to Taiwan...... :D

Ya man, Taiwan is cool yr end n cheap n nice pple they have over there

2 yrs ago I went in apr, first few days still cool, went Tainan hot Liao then rtn Taipei oso hot Liao but still njoy

Hope this trip nov will be cooler n cooler

Dec n Jan higher price

Hey bro seems like you have been to cj oreadi

Any nice plc to stay??

Guess I Hv to tapao beer n supper to my stay else even if self drive oso risky in hilly roads n at nite

I google afew like misty n starry but will only book in aug or sept period

Cheers

Turbocharged

Public in Taipei that's for sure

Will take a bullet train to nearest station I hvnt chk nantou or Taichung

Then cingjing area will cater a transport ba

I should not be driving in Taiwan

Haha

Nearest HSR station is Taichung..

Hiring a cab from Taichung to Cingjing will cost around SGD100 one-way. Even multiple days hire will cost around that much too.

Self-drive car rental costs around SGD100 per day too, you just have to pay extras for petrol. But the for the convenience, i think it's worth it..

Turbocharged
(edited)

Hey bro seems like you have been to cj oreadi

Any nice plc to stay??

Guess I Hv to tapao beer n supper to my stay else even if self drive oso risky in hilly roads n at nite

I google afew like misty n starry but will only book in aug or sept period

Cheers

There are lots of minsu around the area. The one i stayed is called 春大地 (Spring ground minsu).

Driving in Taiwan countryside is not exactly risky. I even drove right up to the path going up 合欢山 (Taiwan's 2nd highest mountain), around 45mins away from Cingjing. Roads are typical mountain roads, narrow but very well maintained. In fact, i think driving in Singapore roads gives me more stress than Taiwan.

Edited by Shull
  • Praise 1

Oh I see, no lar I better let the local drive

I more of the lousy driver haha

I saw a video of a trip up to a minsu

The damn road was soooo steep n curvy n narrow n jus no barrier to downhill by the side

Heard the duno starry nite or the other one the minsu boss provide transport up from hsr foc

Nvm I let my wife decide on which plc to stay there

Tks

As I will have 4N in Cingqing, thinking of doing a road trip for my Cingjing trip. Transports around Cingjing area seems not very convenient. With a rental car I can easily travel to attraction and National Park (eg. Hehuanshan)

Any bros can advise is it easier to get a rental car from Taipei and drive direct to Cingjing, or should I arrange a rental in Taichung near HSR station (If there is any??).

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 1

Since I am planning to rent a car for some of my trip in Taiwan, can some bros advice their highway toll is paid by cash

or need to buy some toll card?

Nearest HSR station is Taichung..

Hiring a cab from Taichung to Cingjing will cost around SGD100 one-way. Even multiple days hire will cost around that much too.

Self-drive car rental costs around SGD100 per day too, you just have to pay extras for petrol. But the for the convenience, i think it's worth it..

Did my trip! Yup those cab drivers waiting at Taichung hsr station asked for 2500 tw to cj

I went to the bus terminal b1 n one taxi driver specialized in cj sml HHS etc picked me at 1600

I used him up n down cj n rest of travels on the mt are by the minsu boss which was so easy

Had a good trip, will go back cj again to relax in future

Ks was nice too, finding tpe a bit boring Liao haha

To add for those who self drive in Taiwan or cj

Cj roads are really well maintain n their drivers are totally not like Sg n Malaysia drivers hahaha

My stay there 3 nights never hear a single roar from the vehicles there

Taiwan nice, cj nicer

If you're flying to Taoyuan and not stopping in Taipei, no need to get rental car from Taipei. Just get from Taoyuan airport (arrange pickup with flight number), take 國道 1 South - might take you ~2+ hours to get to Taichung. Otherwise, HSR from Taoyuan to Taichung is faster (45 mins?) but more $$, get rental car from Taichung (arrange pick up from HSR station) and take 國道 3 and 6 to Puli, then up to Cingjing (~1 hour). From Puli, you can also go South to Sun Moon Lake.

I will arrived Taiwan, stay 2 night in Taipei before proceed to Cingjing. So had to collect my rental car in Taipei. My rental car is a Altis 1.8L. About $110 per day. I think is cheaper for 4 person compare to taking HSR and arrange for transport transfer.

It will be a fun trip, enjoy !!

Avoid going South on Friday, and going North on Sunday ..

I think it will be fun. I go for car rental especially travel to country side so I had full mobility to travel around as I like.

I will arrived Taiwan, stay 2 night in Taipei before proceed to Cingjing. So had to collect my rental car in Taipei. My rental car is a Altis 1.8L. About $110 per day. I think is cheaper for 4 person compare to taking HSR and arrange for transport transfer.

If it's 2 adult 2 kids, I calculated airport transfer plus hsr plus taxi up cj adds up to 200 sgd one way

So your rental car will works up to be cheaper n can enjoy more scenery haha

Njoy!

110 a day, Taiwan rental not cheap ya, I planning for aust next June

Their rental is ard 30-50 a day

I think it will be fun. I go for car rental especially travel to country side so I had full mobility to travel around as I like.

A word of advise, slower down the pace, dun whack like in boleh land

Further more, it's left hand drive, everything is opp

Take care n njoy

• Praise 1

Yeah, be sure to stop along the way to buy freshly ripen local fruits from the local farmers - central Taiwan is famous for fruits, this Winter season should have a lot of grapes. And Puli's fresh catch from the local rivers also very shiok. The good food are usually more out of the way, so with the car you have that advantage. There are also quite a few hot spring resorts in the region. Just ask the local people, they are more friendly than the urban folks.

If you're going in Spring, you could also visit the Taiwan University Highland Experimental Farm for the spring blossoms.

Talking about roadside fruits stall .......

The orange color fruit I Duno what's the name

Chinese we call it " xai " grow on the mountain of cj damn fresh n nice

What sold here in super mkt should be from Korea totally different

Really should get alot of fruits from these stalls! Nice!

Btw bro, you got experience with rental in GC Australia?

Think got to pay for gps n bb seat right

Talking about roadside fruits stall .......

The orange color fruit I Duno what's the name

Chinese we call it " xai " grow on the mountain of cj damn fresh n nice

What sold here in super mkt should be from Korea totally different

Really should get alot of fruits from these stalls! Nice!

Btw bro, you got experience with rental in GC Australia?

Think got to pay for gps n bb seat right

Persimons?

• Praise 1

Yeah, be sure to stop along the way to buy freshly ripen local fruits from the local farmers - central Taiwan is famous for fruits, this Winter season should have a lot of grapes. And Puli's fresh catch from the local rivers also very shiok. The good food are usually more out of the way, so with the car you have that advantage. There are also quite a few hot spring resorts in the region. Just ask the local people, they are more friendly than the urban folks.

If you're going in Spring, you could also visit the Taiwan University Highland Experimental Farm for the spring blossoms.

Thanks for sharing the information. Will definitely take note of fresh fruits from farm.

BTW, have you been staying some time in Taiwan. You seems to had a lot of experience driving in Taiwan.

My left hand experience are in USA and Europe, which all have better road culture. I believe driving in Taiwan city area with all the scooters zooming around without following traffic rule will be challenging.