Trans-migrate to Pulau ubin?

Good-Carbuyer

Hi Everyone,

I believe there must be some of us who had immigrated from that island. I am wondering if anyone consider emigrating there (in reverse)?

Anyone like to share what would be conducive for such a consideration, preparations...?

I am of the opinion that zinc-roofed timber housing would be much cheaper. Bicycles would be much cheaper. Only the boat trips to and froth is not yet cheap.

↡ Advertisement

I think govt is going to develop Ubin leh, rmb reading it some time ago, Ubin the food,drink and pertol there more expensive due to the transportaion charges. I think batam a better choice.

I think govt is going to develop Ubin leh, rmb reading it some time ago, Ubin the food,drink and pertol there more expensive due to the transportaion charges. I think batam a better choice.

Many thanks for your observation. I believe bulk purchase, better transportation, could help reduce that cost. Petrol mainly used for motocycles which I have no intention to use.

http://www.asiaone.com/Business/News/My%2B...227-125081.html

Mr Ong has lived on Ubin all his life.

'I was born and bred here. I don't think it's fair that they consider our attap houses to be the same as landed property on the mainland,' he said in Mandarin.

His house, like the others in Pulau Ubin, does not have piped water from PUB. They have to get water pumped from wells.

As for electricity, they have to rely on diesel generators as they are not connected to the national grid.

For the GST credits, adults aged 21 to 54 living in four-room, five-room or executive HDB flats are eligible for $400. Those living in three-room flats and below are eligible for $500.

Another way to determine how much each person is eligible for is to look at the annual value of the home.

Those living in homes with an annual value below $5,000 are supposed to get $500.

An idea of how much Mr Ong's home is worth is to look at how much he paid the Singapore Land Authority annually for his temporary occupational licence.

He showed us a receipt for $360. Going by this, he should get $500, not $200.

Utilities problem. land not freehold.

But cheap, cheap. :D

Edited by Littleknown

Are you serious?

Based on past experience, that place is full of mosquitoes!

Last time i took a course at Outward Bound on Ubin. The bunks are properly built buildings. In fact the whole OBS camp is properly developed. But still, got bitten by mosquitoes at night.

Then one time, i went with friends on a fishing trip to Ubin. Bitten left right centre at the beach.

Another time, went camping with some friends. We found a bare patch of land about the size of a football field. We set up camp right in the centre thinking the mosquitoes are at the vegetation and won't fly so far to reach us. We were so wrong!

Also been there for mountain biking. The mosquitoes can bite even when i was on the move!

Think twice!!

Are you serious?

Based on past experience, that place is full of mosquitoes!

Last time i took a course at Outward Bound on Ubin. The bunks are properly built buildings. In fact the whole OBS camp is properly developed. But still, got bitten by mosquitoes at night.

Then one time, i went with friends on a fishing trip to Ubin. Bitten left right centre at the beach.

Another time, went camping with some friends. We found a bare patch of land about the size of a football field. We set up camp right in the centre thinking the mosquitoes are at the vegetation and won't fly so far to reach us. We were so wrong!

Also been there for mountain biking. The mosquitoes can bite even when i was on the move!

Think twice!!

Many thanks for sharing your concern. I believe those bunks were built for the mosquitoes accommodation. I also believe you were attacked by mosquitoes all over everywhere you went. You may have noticed that there is an absence of mosquitoes, houseflies, cockcroaches, in the rural areas around Mersing, West Malaysia. They got no air-conditioning, or properly built accommodation for mosquitoes, houseflies, cockcroaches.

That is one reason I am considering to introduce accommodation non-conducive to such pests.

http://www.asiaone.com/Business/News/My%2B...227-125081.html

Mr Ong has lived on Ubin all his life.

'I was born and bred here. I don't think it's fair that they consider our attap houses to be the same as landed property on the mainland,' he said in Mandarin.

His house, like the others in Pulau Ubin, does not have piped water from PUB. They have to get water pumped from wells.

As for electricity, they have to rely on diesel generators as they are not connected to the national grid.

For the GST credits, adults aged 21 to 54 living in four-room, five-room or executive HDB flats are eligible for $400. Those living in three-room flats and below are eligible for $500.

Another way to determine how much each person is eligible for is to look at the annual value of the home.

Those living in homes with an annual value below $5,000 are supposed to get $500.

An idea of how much Mr Ong's home is worth is to look at how much he paid the Singapore Land Authority annually for his temporary occupational licence.

He showed us a receipt for $360. Going by this, he should get $500, not $200.

Utilities problem. land not freehold.

But cheap, cheap. :D

Many thanks for your concern. I believe political problem to be more serious than the utilities. There is no guarantee of freehold land on Singapore either. Example: road wdening acquisition without compensation...

Many thanks for sharing your concern. I believe those bunks were built for the mosquitoes accommodation. I also believe you were attacked by mosquitoes all over everywhere you went. You may have noticed that there is an absence of mosquitoes, houseflies, cockcroaches, in the rural areas around Mersing, West Malaysia. They got no air-conditioning, or properly built accommodation for mosquitoes, houseflies, cockcroaches.

That is one reason I am considering to introduce accommodation non-conducive to such pests.

Good luck.

Hi Everyone,

I believe there must be some of us who had immigrated from that island. I am wondering if anyone consider emigrating there (in reverse)?

Anyone like to share what would be conducive for such a consideration, preparations...?

I am of the opinion that zinc-roofed timber housing would be much cheaper. Bicycles would be much cheaper. Only the boat trips to and froth is not yet cheap.

Think it is a good idea. Can enjoy lots of peace and nature. [flowerface]

good for u..staying there in a jiak hong chu..got natural ventilation, get to admire flora, get in touch with nature and get to drink non-fluoride water..u can even learn to hunt or eat insects..might even get to live to 200 years old

Many thanks for your observation. I believe bulk purchase, better transportation, could help reduce that cost. Petrol mainly used for motocycles which I have no intention to use.

other than portable water for cooking, you can figure out how not to rely on petrol / electricity or at least use it as sparingly as possible. Life should still be good or even more healthy without these things. candles, bicycle, rollerblades, own vege farm, kampong chicken, bbq (using wood), etc etc maybe a good change from so-called modern life on mainland sgp.... good luck and dont forget to invite as weekend guest, i will bring you some 'luxuries' from mainland to tempt you.... hahaha :D

U cannot buy Ubin land anymore.

he can use a de-register mini school bus from sgp and convert it to a mobile home and park there, no need to buy land.... no parking coupons needed there :D

↡ Advertisement