Lousy Mio TV reception!!

Ronleo

Damn fed up with their reception! Knn!!! Rush home juz to

watch Liverpool vs Manu game, but screen hanged! Been resetting

it for last 30min liao, still useless!

Call their technical support... No answer!!!

Worse decision I ever made to sign up with them!!!

Previous watch Wimbledon final also hang!

Few weeks back, got up at 3am watch champion league also

Hang!

Any bros out there also got this encounter?

Btw, I living at paya lebar area...

↡ Advertisement

I use Starhub , my wife watching korean drama online ,I watch pool v mu online , not buffering at all . Scrap MIO !

Nearly signed with them , told them my nearest telephone point is 15 metres away from TV , they say extra cost trunking...take it or leave it , haha wat are they thinking ? [laugh] Heng arh !... now back to half time analysis ! [:p]

Twincharged

reception shud be the furthest from your mind .... i only switched on my Mio STB for about 2 weeks and then for the rest of the 2 years contract, it was not being used at all.

why ?? the content is terribly poor !! the stuff that they give you with the standard package is so bad that i rather just let the STB gather dust.

want something watchable, you gotta pay extra for it. ( and these are not really watchable too !!)

I simply sign up for the sake of EPL, but knn... can't even

get to watch my game once a week!

Pui!!! Worse of all, still under their bloody contract!!!

encountered this issue before.

called them to come onsite and switch to another telephone circuit.

best if can get them to have 1 dedicated line for your MIO, and another for your Internet connection.

Mine resolved, and now reception on par with starhub.

Hang!

no issue leh. how come you got??

anyway Mio you have to on it and let it run for at least 5min. during that time while its starting up. you touch anything. you have to restart the whole process

at least that is what i experience.

Not sure whether the problem lies with the age of the phone copper cable linked all the way to your distribution board. I just moved into a new place and there is no buffering..my previous flat (an old rented flat), Singtel asked me to pay $70 to replace the phone cable, i asked them to F.O. in a nice way!!

Dont know with do many horror story about mio but yet, people still sign it.. do uninformed or their marketing strong?.. ..

Very difficult to understand what you are trying to convey.

Dont know with do many horror story about mio but yet, people still sign it.. do uninformed or their marketing strong?.. ..

Tat's bcos they bundle in MIO into almost everything and anything they can think of! (mobile, mobile BB, BB etc)! really nasty market expansion strategy in forcing innocent ppl to accept lousy service zzzz! 2 years back I signed up for BB, they literally pushed MIO to me, so I hook up the MIO only to check out the content (for me staying in Tampines no laggy issue), but really sux & boring sia... I throw the unit in store room immediately (can I charge ST for storage space rental?) 2 months later after the "free trial bundle" I return the "God-forbidden" to them!

@Happily1986 tat's a very nice one!

Not sure whether the problem lies with the age of the phone copper cable linked all the way to your distribution board. I just moved into a new place and there is no buffering..my previous flat (an old rented flat), Singtel asked me to pay $70 to replace the phone cable, i asked them to F.O. in a nice way!!

Most of the time lies with the conditions of the copper cables. I don't have Mio, but in one of my relative's house over 20+ years old, the Mio is unstable, but in another who's house is less than 3 years old, it's ok. More or less can conclude it's the problem on transmission. I ever up and inspected the telephone cables, the exposed copper looks rusty and brittle. Just a light touch, it snapped off from the termination board. I believe if the quality of the cables used by Starhub contractors/HBD, in another 10 year's time Starhub's cable TV will face this similiar problem.

However it is true that during the initial startup of MIO, there are indeed a lot of problems caused by their backbone equipment.

Copper wire oxidised over the years.

The oxidization increase resistance and noise.

Since Mio and ADSL works on digital signal, the noise level may increase till it can't correct the bits being sent.

And then you see pixelization and in the worst case, total disconnect.

That's why you may not see the problem in a new place where new copper wires are just being laid.

my mio tv works fine. Just slow boot up sometimes and sometimes cant load but usually on-off the machine its ok liao.

But i've been on their ADSL for many years and have solved the connection problems eg. faulty telephone wire port in the earlier years.

Anyway Fibre will change all of these in few yrs time. Just a matter of time.

Hang!

Many thanks for sharing. I wonder if the others any better?

↡ Advertisement