Dont occupy..... Common people vs Financial Elites

KARTer

Quote from TODAY 18 Oct 2011

Wall Street loses its immunity

AS the Occupy Wall Street movement continues to grow, the response from the movement

Edited by KARTer
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

I am a layman. I believe to qualify for the demanding compensation, some of the 'professionals' need to perform some 'magic' some also called them investments or financial management for their respective employers. Some others, perhaps also laymen or 'professionals', then had to 'authorise' the methods/products.

To a layman. I call these gambling (can be over the phone/online).

When a few too many 'professionals' went overboard with such gambling, there must be some losers who may not be among them. The law-abiding, taxpayers are the bulk of the victims/losers.

I believe the protesters can be the non-law-abiding taxpayers, only when they protest. Otherwise, they are all law-abiding tax-payers?

Any other ideas to share?

In the past maybe 4-5 decades, lots of top brians (not necessary with 'top' integrity) from top universities have chosen to work in the finance industry (where the obscenely big money is) instead of technology / manufacture / education / health / humanity etc fields. These top brains are super smart people who devise schemes after schemes to accumulate wealth (mainly for themselves and scratching each others' back) at the expense of others. CEOs lose investors' money big time, and make others bankrupt, yet get away almost scot free and still collect big 'departure' money. They rule the politicians.

Edited by KARTer

Quote from TODAY 18 Oct 2011

Wall Street loses its immunity

AS the Occupy Wall Street movement continues to grow, the response from the movement

Quite observant of you. If the two banks where most of our money kept gone bust. We also gone bust. Need to repeatedly bail them out to save ourselves.

I think the bail out helped to avoid a prolonged depression but the root of the problems are not solved....will take a long time to resolve.....

yet property prices in singapore keep on going up....now I can't afford any and don't own any.....

SG banks no worries....adequate capital ratios

I thought this article was about Singapore, which I started to panic and felt sad.

But then I realized its Washington....not Singapore.

So what the article wrote did not happen in Singapore, because only few unhappy people went to occupy raffles place. The rest I suppose are happy or no comments type.

I am so glad that none of the things stated in the article is happening in this wonderful city of mine.

Phew.....more good years.

This is happening To America because common people allowed them to.. Taken in by election promises and lavish campaigns.. Now point of no return want to complain, want to revolt. too bad lor.

Here also the same. Amercia is our christmas ghost of future.

60.1 percent still think they are rich.. But actually in debt and wait till get old then they realize. :D

I think the bail out helped to avoid a prolonged depression but the root of the problems are not solved....will take a long time to resolve.....

yet property prices in singapore keep on going up....now I can't afford any and don't own any.....

this mean that the depression is only been postpone to later date and when it come, will be harder than what might initially be. :ph34r:

This is happening To America because common people allowed them to.. Taken in by election promises and lavish campaigns.. Now point of no return want to complain, want to revolt. too bad lor.

60.1 percent still think they are rich.. But actually in debt and wait till get old then they realize. :D

base on this, we should be doing monachy. dont need voting.

base on this, we should be doing monachy. dont need voting.

Lol. Democracy is world game, we must play along to get other country money. What as voters we should be asking for is to share in financial spoils of the elite.

We can start with profit sharing in temasek holdings. Why take a carrot when we see fields and fields of carrots. :D

Edited by Littleknown

Well said!

To those who said 60.1% are this and that, STFU! <_<

i actually voted for a less lavish party this election..

so funny that it happen the more lavish one given are not ruling party :o

I also hope it helped. But the root cause can not be solved by bail outs.

To buy a new HDB can cost so much. No wonder do many younger people no house to get married.

Unlike Hongkong, not allowed to live on-board a real boathouse here.

I thought this article was about Singapore, which I started to panic and felt sad.

But then I realized its Washington....not Singapore.

So what the article wrote did not happen in Singapore, because only few unhappy people went to occupy raffles place. The rest I suppose are happy or no comments type.

I am so glad that none of the things stated in the article is happening in this wonderful city of mine.

Phew.....more good years.

How I wish this is true. The world is round and it rotates, too.

I believe such people still dreaming full time. Someone told me she did not know conditional vote is still a valid vote (she could be among the 60%+).

↡ Advertisement