Continental or Bridgestone, Please advise

Civic2000

My current set of Bridgestone RE001 (205/50/R17) has been used for 3 years and it's high time for me to replace them soonest possible. I have checked with 2 tire shops and below are what they have quoted:

Shop A - CSC 5 (215/45/R17) - $230 per pc nett. (Inclusive of GST, installation, balancing, FOC tyre repairs & unlimited rotations every 10,000k with purchase of 4 tyres).

Shop B - Bridgestone RE001 (205/50/R17) $220 per pc nett (Inclusive of GST, installation, balancing). This shop does not have CSC 5 but quoted me CSC 3 (215/45/R17) @ $265 per pc (High price as this model is NOT ON OFFER).

The price of CSC 5 and RE001 quoted by these two tire shops are quite competitive. Which one is the better deal? Your feedback is much appreciated.

↡ Advertisement

My current set of Bridgestone RE001 (205/50/R17) has been used for 3 years and it's high time for me to replace them soonest possible. I have checked with 2 tire shops and below are what they have quoted:

Shop A - CSC 5 (215/45/R17) - $230 per pc nett. (Inclusive of GST, installation, balancing, FOC tyre repairs & unlimited rotations every 10,000k with purchase of 4 tyres).

Shop B - Bridgestone RE001 (205/50/R17) $220 per pc nett (Inclusive of GST, installation, balancing). This shop does not have CSC 5 but quoted me CSC 3 (215/45/R17) @ $265 per pc (High price as this model is NOT ON OFFER).

The price of CSC 5 and RE001 quoted by these two tire shops are quite competitive. Which one is the better deal? Your feedback is much appreciated.

Go for shop A,CSC5 is the latest,if for Bridgestone go for S001,or at least RE002.,but take note the diameter of 215/45 is a tad smaller than 205/50,for the same diameter,you need 225/45.

(edited)

My Fd2 runs on United Arrow Rim. It has a width of 7 inch, offset 42 and PCD of 100/114.3. The tire size of 225/45 cannot fit my rim. In fact the CSC 3 of 225/45/R17 is selling at the offer price of $205 per piece.

My first set of tires was Goodyear F1 (215/45/R17), and 3 years ago, I changed to the current set of Bridgestone RE001, the reason I opted for 205/50 is because this higher profile tire offers better ride comfort than the 215/45 tire.

These CSC tires are from Europe. I will check the date of manufacture.

Btw, thanks all bro here for the feedbacks.

Edited by Civic2000

Continental's sidewall is soft and geared towards better comfort. Also, the tyre is very light.

Bridgestone's sidewall is hard and is geared towards better handling and thus the tyre is heavier.

So, it depends on what are your needs.

My Fd2 runs on United Arrow Rim. It has a width of 7 inch, offset 42 and PCD of 100/114.3. The tire size of 225/45 cannot fit my rim. In fact the CSC 3 of 225/45/R17 is selling at the offer price of $205 per piece.

My first set of tires was Goodyear F1 (215/45/R17), and 3 years ago, I changed to the current set of Bridgestone RE001, the reason I opted for 205/50 is because this higher profile tire offers better ride comfort than the 215/45 tire.

These CSC tires are from Europe. I will check the date of manufacture.

Btw, thanks all bro here for the feedbacks.

I had just changed Germany F1 Asmy2 : 225/45/17. Per piece S$220 nett (including GST) and free rotation, free puntyre tyre repair.

My previous German F1 Asmy1 last me 13months with 32K mileage.

Edited by Mcf777

just curious how did you managed to get 3 years out of your tires ? mine after 1 yr already botak liao, 35k km niah. 3 years is amazing for a tire isnt it ?

(edited)

I changed my current set of tire in Nov 2008 together with my Battery. And my 3 years old maintenance free battery is still in very good condition. Although my current set of tires have been in use for almost 3 years, but the mileage covered is only around 40K km. My FD2 will be 6 years old by this coming Feb 2012, but my mileage is very low @ 75K km plus. Apparently, It takes you one year to cover 35K km, but it take me almost 3 years to cover around 40K km.

Edited by Civic2000

3 years for a battery is amazing ! :o[thumbsup]

btw dude, i also changing tire now, looking at the csc5. you think if go buy together can get cheaper boh ? :D i still have to buy the seiko watch ah. i enquired about the gr90 at H tyre, they quoted me 320 per donut.

Edited by Ingenius

just curious how did you managed to get 3 years out of your tires ? mine after 1 yr already botak liao, 35k km niah. 3 years is amazing for a tire isnt it ?

Funny, how did you guys get so low mileage from tires???

All my tires last me 60,000km and expect for F1 & Dunlop SP Racer (40,000km).....

Because you didn't always check tire pressure.

I asked the guy from the tire shop can the price be lower if I will to gather 2 or 3 persons and do a group buy, he said the price will still be the same @$230.00. Or may be you try calling him and ask.

Funny, how did you guys get so low mileage from tires???

All my tires last me 60,000km and expect for F1 & Dunlop SP Racer (40,000km).....

Because you didn't always check tire pressure.

nope. i check my tire pressure faithfully but i tend to over inflate them. and i admit i am a fast driver and through corners also.

Edited by Ingenius

I asked the guy from the tire shop can the price be lower if I will to gather 2 or 3 persons and do a group buy, he said the price will still be the same @$230.00. Or may be you try calling him and ask.

hahaha...tyre business does not really operate on groupon model....

↡ Advertisement