Continental or Bridgestone, Please advise

Civic2000

ok thank for the confirmation. BS outsource to Indonesia- by rite should be cheaper. still quite ex- ask around 220 per piece. like BS due to hard side wall

Can ask what is the difference between hard or soft side wall?

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Can ask what is the difference between hard or soft side wall?

Hard sidewall=better handling,soft sidewall=comfort.

I've just change 4 pieces of csc5, but couldn't find the country of made, run thru all the tiny words on the side wall but in vain.

Any pointer? Usually printed near which part? TIA

Me too...can't find at all... [confused]

Tyre shop guy said might be only printed on the sticker but got to remove for installation lor... [drivingcar]

Neutral Newbie

Normally if MIJ, you can see big printed "Made in Japan" around side wall. If not then should came from others asia country.....

ok thank for the confirmation. BS outsource to Indonesia- by rite should be cheaper. still quite ex- ask around 220 per piece. like BS due to hard side wall

Brother bridgestone got their BIG plant or factory in indonesia.

so i suppose QC can be control to make sure the Quality is consistently GOOD.

So dont any how made assumption like this , is not fair to them

What is the point to have a origin from japan(not to mention the brand) but OLD technology

Premium tyre companies are spending lots of Money and effort to develope new technologies product to help us make our journey SAFER and SAFER.

Tyre shop guy said might be only printed on the sticker but got to remove for installation lor... [drivingcar]

surely all tyres print their country of manufacture on the tyre.

But not on both side, if you can't find it, its probably on the inner side of the tyres.

Conti tires very funny. Only say german technology. Mabye made in china even.

But i got conti max contact 5 fm jb. Says made in msia on tire. But quality not that great.

I try abt 150-160kmh on nshw n car swaying a bit. I use yoko a.drive r1 do 180kmh still very stable. But normal driving below 150kmh not much problem on e cmc5.

Next time i going back to a drive r1. Abt same price of e cmc5.

Conti tires very funny. Only say german technology. Mabye made in china even.

But i got conti max contact 5 fm jb. Says made in msia on tire. But quality not that great.

I try abt 150-160kmh on nshw n car swaying a bit. I use yoko a.drive r1 do 180kmh still very stable. But normal driving below 150kmh not much problem on e cmc5.

Next time i going back to a drive r1. Abt same price of e cmc5.

yokohama a-drive got 2 places of manufacture -- japan and philippines....diff prices too [;)]

yokohama a-drive got 2 places of manufacture -- japan and philippines....diff prices too [;)]

Mine all along fm philippines but quality i find good only a bit noisy but it dun bother me.

Neutral Newbie

i have just changed from Pirelli to Continental.

Conti is certainly quieter

Dont understand how some can compare grippy or not...unless you really push your car.

Brother bridgestone got their BIG plant or factory in indonesia.

so i suppose QC can be control to make sure the Quality is consistently GOOD.

So dont any how made assumption like this , is not fair to them

What is the point to have a origin from japan(not to mention the brand) but OLD technology

Premium tyre companies are spending lots of Money and effort to develope new technologies product to help us make our journey SAFER and SAFER.

I trust company name, so i dont really care where it's made :D

i love my made in indonesia re002 as compared to my made in jap re001..grippier that's for sure!

is it true pirelli typically cost more than continental and michellin?

Depends, but usually true. There are some Pirellis not made in Europe (eg. Dragon) that are cheaper.

Supercharged

Depends, but usually true. There are some Pirellis not made in Europe (eg. Dragon) that are cheaper.

oh thanks....say if both are made in europe i suppose pirelli is more expensive?

oh thanks....say if both are made in europe i suppose pirelli is more expensive?

Generally, on average the prices are in the order of Pirelli, Continental, then Michelin.

Don't forget they need to pay models to strip for their calendar :D

.. just kiddin.

I'm not a tyre dealer - only a tyre 'enthusiast' so I can't provide numerical evidence.