Car handling

Minikong

yoz all, just to check, beside wheel alightment, handling, typre pump, and steering wheel alightment.

what other can u do to do the wheel alightment.

i had done all of the alightment, i had mentioned, but i still feel my car handling is like lighter on the right hand side

↡ Advertisement

yoz all, just to check, beside wheel alightment, handling, typre pump, and steering wheel alightment.

i had done all of the alightment, i had mentioned, but i still feel my car handling is like lighter on the right hand side

What do you mean? The steering feels light and not as tight when you turn right? Sounds like control arm bushing is gone. If you want original MINI branded part rather than OEM, have to replace entire arm. If you don't mind OEM, can just replace the bushing.

next stage.....coilover [drivingcar] , instantaneous result ............. [cool]

Stock Cooper S suspension already bone rattling. If replace with coilover, sure go see doctor :D

But you are right. With coilover, steering will feel stiffer and more precise. I use the word feel cos that was what it felt like with my merc last time. Real or not i dunno...

I have the same problem, the right side feels lighter.

But only when I carry my MIL.

She likes to sit behind the wife on the left hand side.

:D

Google camber kit.

Stock Cooper S suspension already bone rattling. If replace with coilover, sure go see doctor :D

But you are right. With coilover, steering will feel stiffer and more precise. I use the word feel cos that was what it felt like with my merc last time. Real or not i dunno...

u are right, my gf and mum kp alot already

For every 10,000km,

- Tyre rotation.

- Wheel balancing.

- High speed balancing.

For every 20,000km,

- Wheel alignment (include camber setting).

This is the guide I've been using for my car. You may wish to purchase strut bars and chassis bars for extra stiffness, without sacrificing much of the comfort of stock suspension.

It may be due to castor not correctly set.

so how do i verfied this thing call castor

You need someone who is good at 4 wheel alignment to correct it. Also

this guy should also be able to correct the setback.

For every 10,000km,

- Tyre rotation.

- Wheel balancing.

- High speed balancing.

For every 20,000km,

- Wheel alignment (include camber setting).

This is the guide I've been using for my car. You may wish to purchase strut bars and chassis bars for extra stiffness, without sacrificing much of the comfort of stock suspension.

what is high speed balancing?

You need someone who is good at 4 wheel alignment to correct it. Also

this guy should also be able to correct the setback.

But he mentioned he already did correct alignment.

Alignment means correct the toe, camber and castor.

Anyway, i think conti cars castor is "dead" one. Have to do modifications to make it more positive/negative.

Google camber kit.

He said he already did alignment. Means camber adjustment is included and already corrected by workshop.

If he did all alignment and still got steering problems, means bushings gone or control arm is bent.

↡ Advertisement