Polis could not leave post to help 5yo accident victim

Ahtong

20111018.201444_accidentlorry.jpg

A young girl was knocked down by a lorry yesterday afternoon.

But when a witness reported the accident at a Neighbourhood Police Post (NPP), the police officer on duty said he could not leave his post to assist him.

Shin Min Daily News reported today that the policeman on duty told the 41-year-old witness, who gave his name as Paul, that he had already informed the Traffic Police about the accident.

The officer said he was unable to leave the NPP because he was on duty alone. But he had ensured that a police car arrived on-scene to render assistance until an ambulance arrived.

In response, a police spokesperson said the police officer had immediately checked whether an ambulance had been dispatched to the scene of the accident.

The accident happened after a five-year-old girl dashed across a road and was knocked down by a lorry at 1.50pm. It happened near the Ghim Moh bus terminal.

Paul said an elderly woman wanted to cross the road with two children, but turned back after seeing a bus approaching.

He then heard a loud bang and saw a little girl lying down on the ground with her shoes flung to the lorry's side.

When interviewed, the lorry driver, 25-year-old Mr Lim Ke Yong said he started driving off only after he saw the elderly woman walking away with a boy.

However, a little girl suddenly dashed out from behind a bus to reach the elderly woman, and he could not stop in time.

Mr Lim said he immediately rushed the girl to nearby clinics for treatment, but most of them were closed for lunch. The only clinic which was open said the girl should be sent to hospital immediately.

"I asked her whether she was in pain. She only cried and said yes," said Mr Lim.

He plans to visit the girl in hospital after helping the police with investigations.

The girl sustained scratches but is in stable condition.

Link

↡ Advertisement

well, i guess all NPP polis adek got standard inflexible rules and regulations to follow....maybe they would even see someone dying and still do the same thing...i dunno...if the little girl dying after kena knocked down by a big bus, and suffering life threatening injuries...and when the ambulance came too late...i dunno rules important or life more important lor...anyway, the polis adek not wrong lor....think better deploy robots to man NPP...robot no fweelings one

If NPP is staffed by one Polis and that one Polis cannot leave NPP, what's the point of having NPP?

Let's say there was a robbery opposite the NPP then all the Polis can do is call Polis? [confused][dizzy]

Let's say there was a robbery opposite the NPP then all the Polis can do is call Polis? [confused][dizzy]

this i believe should be the joke of the day!!! [laugh]

If NPP is staffed by one Polis and that one Polis cannot leave NPP, what's the point of having NPP?

NPP is for ini-macham probs.

i.e i need to make a report that my neighbour has been stealing my slippers, i saw kids vandalizing the playground.

all the non-emergency, no need for immediate arrest issues i think.

Edited by Rainbowbiatch

Turbocharged

dun be too hard on that mata...

he's not in the wrong...

but maybe they can change the rules to have 2 mata stationed in the NPP

1.50pm was lunch time, they take turn to go for lunch consider good liao, and they didn't lock the place and put this

post-1109-1319002778_thumb.jpg

I can understand that the single lone policeman could not leave his post because of all the valuables or important documents that will be left unguarded...

But how come there is only one guy on duty?? Even lunchtime there should at least be two persons, just in case there are emergencies like this. Or urgent call of nature then how?? [laugh]

Smells fishy... I don't think any logical SOP will allow only one person on duty!

My question to the SPF is.....WHAT THE FARK IS THE POLICEMAN AT THE NPP FOR?? This kind of accident also can't leave the NPP.

KNN!

Open at noon, close at 10pm. What more do they want?

Edited by Fcw75

How come only one guy on duty? I dont think this is the correct procedure, right? What if there is an emergency which require the policeman to attend or the policeman needs to go toilet? [confused]

My question to the SPF is.....WHAT THE FARK IS THE POLICEMAN AT THE NPP FOR?? This kind of accident also can't leave the NPP.

KNN!

Open at noon, close at 10pm. What more do they want?

Agreed, i was surprise to see nowadays NPP dont open 24/7?! <_< They close at 10pm or 11pm! [thumbsdown]

the one in npp will not give help, or chase anybody, is confirm!!!

once i saw a taxi uncle run in to police post beside the coffee shop... after the drunk guy want to fight with the taxi driver... then the police come out... this drunk guy even F the police!!! then police see see look look only!!! as we will sitting in coffee shop... then the taxi uncle say that drunk man refuse to pay taxi fare and want to fight with him... then uncle told police to get that guy together... but policeman say he will call the control room to get this guy... and both of them see this drunk man walk away slowly... end up i think the police cannot find this man.. then this taxi uncle come to coffee say police no use...

↡ Advertisement