Polis could not leave post to help 5yo accident victim

Ahtong

It seems to me that the police presence at least in the heartlands is less conspicuous now as compared to say 10 years ago when i was a teenager. It is no surprise if i learn that the SPF has been downsizing since then. The issue here is as our island population increases (as it has been), what is the standing policeman to civilian ratio? Is it going down?

↡ Advertisement

My Q to u...wat can dat policeman do?? render medical help?? at most he just stand there, ask few Q to victim if she's concious. All would be waiting for ambulance. I mean if a doctor at nearby clinic said he cant help, that wld be an issue.

my Q to u.....would u feel the same way if it was ur child?

My Q to u...wat can dat policeman do?? render medical help?? at most he just stand there, ask few Q to victim if she's concious. All would be waiting for ambulance. I mean if a doctor at nearby clinic said he cant help, that wld be an issue.

In a proper healthy society, the policeman is a figure of authority.

When something bad happens, the general public like to have an authority figure around to "take charge" of things. Even if the policeman can't do anything more than some simple first aid, crowd control and traffic control, his pressence can have a calming effect on the people involved.

This is the same reason why politicians visit disaster areas even if they know nuts about search and rescue.

dun be too hard on that mata...

he's not in the wrong...

but maybe they can change the rules to have 2 mata stationed in the NPP

Agreed. Cannot really blame the polis lar. He really cannot leave the station unmaned mah. But what is this? How come only 1 officer inside??

Are you in SPF?

Of course he can't render medical help.

But a policeman at an accident scene is much appreciated. At least the public know that someone is controlling the situation.

Giving reason like he can't leave the NPP as he is only 1 person is simply lame. The NPP has a door and shutter right?

he cannot leave the NPP...

just happened that a thief snatch a lady's bag outside the NPP. The police just sit there.. because "he cant leave the NPP unmaned" [:p]

rules are dead one leh...can be more flexible right?

Edited by Baphomet

Neutral Newbie

Even if that policeman could not do anything, his present at the scene is very much appreciated rather than telling informer that he can't leave the post as no one looking after it & he had called for ambulance ....... :blink:

I believe, someone had also called for ambulance as almost everyone nowadays own & carry a handphone ..... -_-

They are not there for populist effect. They maybe other cases which need his immediate attention, more serious cases. N yes u r rite, somebody else wld have dialled 995.

Aiya, everyone calm down. Everything is about making a choice.

He can leave his post but he chose not to.

Like that mrt lady said, passengers can get on the trains during peak hour, it's just that they chose not to.

:D

Neutral Newbie

Are you in SPF?

Of course he can't render medical help.

But a policeman at an accident scene is much appreciated. At least the public know that someone is controlling the situation.

Giving reason like he can't leave the NPP as he is only 1 person is simply lame. The NPP has a door and shutter right?

Nope im not from SPF. Dont even serve SPF during NS. His reason is not lame, im sure if theres some crazy ass start slashing ppl ard wif a chopper, he will definately come out.

Neutral Newbie

Aiya, everyone calm down. Everything is about making a choice.

He can leave his post but he chose not to.

Like that mrt lady said, passengers can get on the trains during peak hour, it's just that they chose not to.

:D

Pls dont say that he chose not to leave. Since his the onli 1 there (not his fault), do we really noe if theres any directive from up stating that he shd not leave unless for certain issues/ cases???

polis cant leave station just like that......

inside store got shot guns, dynamic, explosive etc................ok, i watch too much cartoons :D

if that's the reason, polis is no diff from a security guard.

Nope im not from SPF. Dont even serve SPF during NS. His reason is not lame, im sure if theres some crazy ass start slashing ppl ard wif a chopper, he will definately come out.

If there's a crazy bugger with a chopper slashing pple, I think that particular policeman will be the first one to lock the NPP door and pull down the shutter.

You think too highly of the SPF.

I dont feel very safe after reading so many types of stories about our guardian angels

Do u often see people, be it in Singapore or other countries, sing praises of their guardian angels? Seems like they are good as punching bags. :D

yah, fully agree, what can the police do?? they should continue sit inside the post and tell whoever come to "call police"?

on the other hand, can i also say that, since a police on duty do anything, what can a member of public do?? ? So? Next time see accident, just siam at all cost like what happen in China recently?? let the little kid bang over and over by other vehicle until she is completely dead?

Actually, our expectation is simple.... there should be someone who should manage the scene.... in this case, the Policeman is the best person since the police post is just 5 meters away... Is such expectation too high?? I hope not.

If there's a crazy bugger with a chopper slashing pple, I think that particular policeman will be the first one to lock the NPP door and pull down the shutter.

You think too highly of the SPF.

no lah... i think the policeman will 'call police" at least..... [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

↡ Advertisement