Temaseek to sell bonds

1307685603.jpg

Temasek to raise up to $800 million with bond offer

Singapore investment firm Temasek Holdings is raising up to $800 million from large investors by selling a type of bond rarely seen here.

The deal involves investors buying bonds that can be exchanged for Standard Chartered Bank shares at a pre-set price.

Temasek is Stanchart's biggest shareholder, with a stake of about 18.2 per cent. The bond sale allows it to generate cash from its stake in the bank without having to sell its shares now.

Institutional investors, on the other hand, get to take a punt on Stanchart shares rising, with minimal risk of losing their capital.

↡ Advertisement

800m, goes to 'projects'. 'Projects' 'lose' money, money goes to bank accounts. Issue bonds.

Sounds ponzi.

i think your defination needs to include redemption, default, more issue

then can qualify ponzi.

Hmmm.. are they so cash strapped??? [:/]

Yah lo, since their one yr admin cost is 8000 million SGD, why wanna raise a pathetic 800 million by selling bond.

Yah lo, since their one yr admin cost is 8000 million SGD, why wanna raise a pathetic 800 million by selling bond.

What do you mean admin cost is 8 billion? I think that's enough money to feed more than a few African nations per year.

What do you mean admin cost is 8 billion? I think that's enough money to feed more than a few African nations per year.

Temasek Holdings incurred $8 billion dollars in administrative costs in 2009

April 23rd, 2010

According to a report posted on the website of Temasek Holdings, it incurred a whooping $8 billion dollars in administrative costs for the financial year 2008/2009.

The other expenses for 2009 are broken down as follows:

Selling and Distribution $5.042 billion or 3.57% of assets

Finance charges $2.727 billion or 1.93% of assets

Other operating expenses $15.333 billion or 10.88% of assets

Temasek Holdings is staffed by 350 people.

In its 2009 financial statements and balance sheets, Temasek had $140.953 billion in assets which was down from $169.844 billion in 2008, representing a loss of $28.9 billion dollars or 17 percent of its portfolio.

The matter was not reported by the Singapore media.

Temasek Holdings had suffered a series of investment losses last year in the midst of the global financial crisis, most notably its ill-timed purchase and sale of U.K. bank Barclays.

Though it is owned entirely by the Ministry of Finance, it has always portrayed itself as a private Asian investment vehicle.

It is currently headed by Madam Ho Ching, the wife of Singapore

Temasek to raise up to $800 million with bond offer

Singapore investment firm Temasek Holdings is raising up to $800 million from large investors by selling a type of bond rarely seen here.

The deal involves investors buying bonds that can be exchanged for Standard Chartered Bank shares at a pre-set price.

Temasek is Stanchart's biggest shareholder, with a stake of about 18.2 per cent. The bond sale allows it to generate cash from its stake in the bank without having to sell its shares now.

Institutional investors, on the other hand, get to take a punt on Stanchart shares rising, with minimal risk of losing their capital.

History repeates itself. So I wonder if someone deliberately repeated the same issue for ulterior motives.

nb.... 8B for admin costs... !!! [laugh]

how to get in huh??? i dont mind quit my current senior exec position, wipe table or clean toliet bowl..maybe i earn double by doing this!!! [laugh]