Trans Eurokars confirms Mazda franchise takeover

Carmour

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/article.php?AID=4894

The Trans-Eurokars Group, owned by Mr Karsono Kwee, will take over the Mazda franchise in Singapore

4894_p1_s_1.jpgTrans-Eurokars will start running the Mazda franchise as early as Nov 1 or latest, by Dec 1.

The Group will operate out of Mazda's current showroom at 315 Alexandra Road, next to Ikea, until October next year to fulfil a lease requirement. The showroom will then move to 23 Leng Kee Road, where the Opel showroom is located, before a dedicated Mazda facility is built, the paper added.

Mr Kwee told the paper that a flagship Mazda building will be built at No. 5 Leng Kee Road. Currrently location also houses the Trans-Eurokar office and the Saab showroon.

The businessman admitted that it is not easy selling Japanese cars in the current climate that is dominated by premium German brands.

But Mr Kwee expressed hope that Mazda has a long-term future, what with new models coming here next year. These include the CX-5 crossover in 2012's first quarter, the Mazda5 and the CX9.

The Mazda franchise has been held by the Phng family for 55 years. Troubles started when a shrinking supply of COEs and strong competition reduced it sales.

Mr Kwee revealed that they aim to sell 800 to 1,000 Mazdas a year.

The Group runs five other car franchises here namely Porsche, Mini, Rolls-Royce, Saab and Opel.

↡ Advertisement

Current Mazda owners should be happy. Trans Eurokars is one of the better AD. Quite 'steady'.

But the servicing costs sure goes up.!{T.E. holding ALL well branded cars}....so servicing will follow Saab standard....

Higher servicing cost?!.. :o

Going for my 20k servicing soon..in about 4.5k kms more...

Good thing can test drive (if possible) or see..see..look...higher up cars while waiting...too bad though no more Kampung Ampat...both locations (Ubi & Alexandra) are further away from my place..and not sure if still don't have Saturday servicing..

Higher servicing cost?!.. :o

Going for my 20k servicing soon..in about 4.5k kms more...

Good thing can test drive (if possible) or see..see..look...higher up cars while waiting...too bad though no more Kampung Ampat...both locations (Ubi & Alexandra) are further away from my place..and not sure if still don't have Saturday servicing..

their e-booking for car servicing no longer works...does anyone know if the kampung ampat (macpherson) mazda is closing shop? no more car servicing there or wat?

their e-booking for car servicing no longer works...does anyone know if the kampung ampat (macpherson) mazda is closing shop? no more car servicing there or wat?

You're right...just did a test to access the e-booking and got an error...maybe try to call them up...

May need to wait till the takeover completes and hopefully settled by then...

I heard the mc pherson is the one closing but the the alexandra remains to complete the tenure...If I'm not wrong servicing will be at Ubi or either Alexandra...

no prob for them to takeover mazda since TransEurokar boss karsono kwee have deep pockets and $ to lose as they are always dealing with 'not volume based' brands like saab,opel,porsche....

Supercharged

this is the beginning of "big fish eat small fish" in car market

come next year, you will see alot of changes in car ADs..... big one will eat small ones, when sale of cars drop and ADs are closing down........

LUCKY i NEVER believe in MAZDA cars.......... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

SORRY to say this, but MAZDA cars are underpower, with low resale value.........

then u should change to hyundai,ferrari is on top.

lol eurokar never got these 2 model ma ..... but seriously i show u how is the servicing center like.

this is the situation every time i go servicing. this sipost-75526-1319080756_thumb.jpgde is all porky, the other side all mini, so mazda nex ttime come in the middle haha

this is the beginning of "big fish eat small fish" in car market

come next year, you will see alot of changes in car ADs..... big one will eat small ones, when sale of cars drop and ADs are closing down........

LUCKY i NEVER believe in MAZDA cars.......... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

SORRY to say this, but MAZDA cars are underpower, with low resale value.........

many jap cars r underpowered (think impreza 1.5L, sunny 1.6L etc) ....i think u were thinking of mazda 3 (1.6L) which is seriously underpowered (in usa, the basic model uses 2.0L engine)....but mazda 2 is ok...not superb but certainly not underpowered

many jap cars r underpowered (think impreza 1.5L, sunny 1.6L etc) ....i think u were thinking of mazda 3 (1.6L) which is seriously underpowered (in usa, the basic model uses 2.0L engine)....but mazda 2 is ok...not superb but certainly not underpowered

no under power la...... and ppl buying car like sunny and imprezza is not looking at power .....

if they want power, they buy nissan gtr, and wrx liao... they just use it as a point a to b car that is reliable and comfortable.

not every 1 buy car just purely look at power, if that is so, there will be no such car model in the makret already.

Same reason I took the 2010 M2R Hatch instead of the Mazda 3 1.6...still having fun driving that small car..looks (for me though) is also better compared with the Mazda 3...but definitely not the Mazda 2 sedan..

:D

no under power la...... and ppl buying car like sunny and imprezza is not looking at power .....

i beg to be different. everyday, i see all these BB cars drive like no tomorrow. to me, they are like everytime drive with the accelerator hitting the floor.

↡ Advertisement