Sukuraya serves the best rice!

Relacklabrudder

I know they famous for their fresh sashimi, but mire than the sashimi, I was blown away by their quality of rice, totally yummy, so good I finish off 3 bowls ! Just dab bit if soya sauce on it with their sashimi, fragrant , warm , smooth . Been to many jap restaurant ichiban boshi, sushi tei etc and some high end ones but none match sukuraya for their rice. Highly rec for sashimi lovers who just wan sashimi with their rice !

Edited by Relacklabrudder
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Plain rice?

Or fried rice?

Jus plain white rice, but I think it is very gd grade jap rice. Haha nautilus remind me it is actually quite ex for their white rice, not $3/bowl but $2.50/bowl.

I know they famous for their fresh sashimi, but mire than the sashimi, I was blown away by their quality of rice, totally yummy, so good I finish off 3 bowls ! Just dab bit if soya sauce on it with their sashimi, fragrant , warm , smooth . Been to many jap restaurant ichiban boshi, sushi tei etc and some high end ones but none match sukuraya for their rice. Highly rec for sashimi lovers who just wan sashimi with their rice !

i think one thing you have to look for,

if you insist that quality of rice or fish is impt,

is if there are any japanese sitting around you.

tbh,

the both restaurant you have mentioned is really average taste nia

have not tried this sukuraya yet.

where is it?

Supercharged

i think one thing you have to look for,

if you insist that quality of rice or fish is impt,

is if there are any japanese sitting around you.

tbh,

the both restaurant you have mentioned is really average taste nia

have not tried this sukuraya yet.

where is it?

It's expensive Jap food, but good quality. All their sashimi are guaranteed fresh and good. rice should be the good quality one too.

Once you eat this, u wont like the rest of "mass market" jap outlets. LOL. But question is how deep is your pocket to keep going back to Sukuraya?

So you pay for quality.

There's one at West Coast Mall (ex Ginza Plaza)

Dont know about other branches.

I only eat at West Coast Mall so far.

It's expensive Jap food, but good quality. All their sashimi are guaranteed fresh and good. rice should be the good quality one too.

Once you eat this, u wont like the rest of "mass market" jap outlets. LOL. But question is how deep is your pocket to keep going back to Sukuraya?

So you pay for quality.

There's one at West Coast Mall (ex Ginza Plaza)

Dont know about other branches.

I only eat at West Coast Mall so far.

Another one at Parkway Parade. Basement One, Cold Storage end. Smaller place.

They have another store at Anchor Point but not called Sakuraya. Never been there before.

so its sakuraya or sukuraya?

went to the sakuraya website,

sanma looks good !

Should try the scallops, $8 or $10 for two. Near year end (Winter) they have oyster (in packet, very nice) and monk fish liver.

One thing about Sakuraya Fish Mart, you can consume whatever things you pick up from the supermarket section at the restaurant and pay for it after your meal like Furikake etc.

Should try the scallops, $8 or $10 for two. Near year end (Winter) they have oyster (in packet, very nice) and monk fish liver.

One thing about Sakuraya Fish Mart, you can consume whatever things you pick up from the supermarket section at the restaurant and pay for it after your meal like Furikake etc.

very tempted to try their monkfish liver, looks like foe grai but scared a bit too funky

actually when comes to compare rice

you have to have a level playing field

testing plain rice

otherwise not fair

why

then why not compare sushi rice (with sauce and vinegar added) and fried rice or chicken rice or bryani rice

actually when comes to compare rice

you have to have a level playing field

testing plain rice

otherwise not fair

why

then why not compare sushi rice (with sauce and vinegar added) and fried rice or chicken rice or bryani rice

Bro, stated very clearly it is plain white rice not sushi rice, Dats why I said I eat 3 bowls.

Bro, stated very clearly it is plain white rice not sushi rice, Dats why I said I eat 3 bowls.

japanese rice are never plain

they often add something inside

also sometimes the water they use also

like plain water or mineral water

also the style of cooking may affect the taste

in japan you can buy a small rice cooker that cooks like japanese rice fro about SG$1000

that's where the flavour and taste comes from

Edited by Scb11980

japanese rice are never plain

they often add something inside

also sometimes the water they use also

like plain water or mineral water

also the style of cooking may affect the taste

in japan you can buy a small rice cooker that cooks like japanese rice fro about SG$1000

that's where the flavour and taste comes from

ok it is what you call Carouse rice. i think the restaurant sells 1 packet of their jap rice for $40. i can't remember the weight but looks small

↡ Advertisement