Portable aircon

Ysc3

Portable air con very noisy one hor...

Like using generators... no joke..

Think u buy air cooler better..put ice n ice packs into the container n slim design too..confirm got cold air out..

Thank you for the review and recommendation.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 15

Supersonic

I'm looking for a portable aircon or a casement aircon.

Anyone using either and what's your opinion, regarding cooling capacity, elect bill, noise ?

Casement aircon can also be somewhat portable since I can take it down and move it another room with the same sliding windows.

• Praise 1

I'm looking for a portable aircon or a casement aircon.

Anyone using either and what's your opinion, regarding cooling capacity, elect bill, noise ?

Casement aircon can also be somewhat portable since I can take it down and move it another room with the same sliding windows.

dont waste your time,

first rather ugly

very noisy

you need to have a tube the size of poker's ass to let the hot air out

condensed water will start dripping out of the window

using normal plug and might caused overheat on the socket

only a few hundred difference to get a proper aircon

• Praise 6

Get a portable aircon if you need noise to be able to sleep. You will also need to position it to face you so you can feel the coldness. My wife used to joke about it as a washing machine becos of the noise it generate.

At the beginning, I had a very noisy portable AC. I have been tolerating it until it finally stops working. I am very happy to purchase a Honeywell MN10CESBB 10000, which is a quieter air conditioner. Now I can spend a wonderful summer more comfortably. So, before deciding to buy, I really advise you to consider its noise level and cooling speed.

Carbon taxes coming bro
  • Praise 1

It is temp solution but never efficient. Like what others said, go for something more permanent and the saving will be recovered in  no time. 

With global warming everyone should get a portable air-con now before it runs out.

The weather getting so hot these days they will run out faster than 3M masks in the haze.

:D

• Praise 1

With global warming everyone should get a portable air-con now before it runs out.

The weather getting so hot these days they will run out faster than 3M masks in the haze.

Be a good SIL ...... git 1 AirCon for her and of course many many masks Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 1

This 1 family matter .... I cannot kachau kachau ð

Yeah maybe I shouldn't have posted a pic of my MIL.

post-23002-0-89218500-1565935804.jpg

Edited by Jamesc

Turbocharged

I have recently carved up a small area (~10 square meters) as a study room. I am considering to install a portable aircon.

My wish:

1. Electricity bill within reasonable range.

2. Able to function like an air-con in cooling the small room to 25 degree Celsius.

2. Should not too noisy (as intend to have zoom meeting and do some basic video recording).

3. Maintenance is not too troublesome.

I hope technology has improved since the thread started 10 years ago.  Do let me know if you have some experiences to share.  I figure this would be the cheapest solution for me if it works, that is.

Do you know of any shops which I could try out the aircon?

13 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

I saw this on Facebook.

https://www.closecomfort.com/sg/product/portable-air-conditioner-cool-focus/

Disclaimer: I never see or try before.

No exhaust probably means some sort of water evaporation type air cooler. I scared of hong siep, never try them. Basic physics means proper air con has to dump the heat out. 

Portable air con like Europace ones are usually not so energy efficient, but for a small room may not matter that much. And there shouldn't be any maintenance. 

Or perhaps consider this:

https://m.alibaba.com/product/60107046326/cooling-Vest-insert-PCM-ice-packs.html

No maintenance, no noise, and super cheap! 

Edited by Volvobrick
↡ Advertisement