Home remedies for everyday problems

Happily1986

I am sure some of you have been put off by smell of suede leather footwear. The problem is not really because your feet stink but rather it is the propensity of suede leather to absorb sweat which makes the leather a hotbed for bacteria to propagate. This explains why hard leather and PVC is less susceptible to such an issue. I have discovered (forgive me if i am slow) that by squirting alcohol (industrial ethanol) or even nail varnish remover liberally over the commonly moist areas of your suede leather footwear, it helps to nullify the stink as alcohol literally kills bacteria.

Please contribute any of your home remedies for life's daily problems. [:p]

↡ Advertisement

I am sure some of you have been put off by smell of suede leather footwear. The problem is not really because your feet stink but rather it is the propensity of suede leather to absorb sweat which makes the leather a hotbed for bacteria to propagate. This explains why hard leather and PVC is less susceptible to such an issue. I have discovered (forgive me if i am slow) that by squirting alcohol (industrial ethanol) or even nail varnish remover liberally over the commonly moist areas of your suede leather footwear, it helps to nullify the stink as alcohol literally kills bacteria.

no wonder... i use many different method and still cant get rid of the problem... until i use those roll on deodorant... I tot its the perfume smells that "coveres" the problem but now I know its actually the alcohol content that works...

[thumbsup] Well done.

Thanks for the info.

Ethanol kills most bacteria. All the smell is from bacteria discharge.

Be it in the car aircon, smelly shoes, arm pits. etc.

Disinfecting spray like those from Dettol, Lysol, Chlorox is just as effective.

Thanks for the info.

yup, but normally i realise that applying those stuff which have a fragrance in them sort of make things worse. Over time, this fragrance will mix into an evil concoction and create a new stink which is WOAH! I dont know whether you experience this before. At least for me when i used alcohol, no fragrance just kill the tiny buggers! [laugh]

Thanks for the info.

Preventive is to try to keep the shoe dry...

I stuff my shoes with charcoal in old socks when I am not wearing them when I get back home. It helps to prevent.

Try not to wear the same shoes if you kenna rain the day before...allow the shoe to dry completely before you wear them again.

put 2 toilet roll in your shoe cupboard...it will remove the smell

If there are remedies for life's daily problems...you would not find so many ding dong flocking to religious worship every weekend ...

To find that solution ...supposedly from some.... much higher up... :D

Do you not know? Have you not heard?

That is the only cure for death :blink:

Death got cure one meh?

Or is it that a Sinkie thinks there IS a cure for that? [laugh]

Scratches like this one are common.

2012-01-20172030.jpg

However there is an ingenious method to remove such superficial scratches

2012-01-20172206.jpg

The method lies in the humble cashew nut!

2012-01-20172236.jpg

simply rub the nut back and forth in a gentle circular manner till the scratch disappears. You can try walnuts on darker wood material(s). As always try on an innocuous spot before proceeding as a safe precaution.

If it's BATA suede it's perfectly fine...

If it's LV suede... i'd use charcoal (can buy from Daiso) clingwrap it for 48 hours or more