Anybody got kids with autism

Scb11980

I know at least 3 autism kids around me, 2 are kids of friends and another some I meet often in my course of work. No cure. But early therapy and receiving professional helps make a great difference.

therapy won't help much for the worse case ones. the less serious ones (asperger) will respond better. sadly, no one still knows why one gets it.

Turbocharged

My neighbor kid is autistic. She will not look at you when talking to you. Things are improving for her ever since the arrival of her younger sis and psychiatric treatment.

anybody got kids with autism

is there any cure

is there any good kid doctor to recommend

i got an old friend with autism.

during school days, he is very quiet and do his own things alone.

his elder sister told me to talk and hang around with him more often.

and guess what, he is now more sociable than me!!! :D

what i am trying to put across in this post is, keep him occupied with people, talk to him, get him involved as much and hopefully he will be able to overcome by himself soonest.

Turbocharged

correct, the kid will need to be exposed to as much people/social environment as possible.

then thru these interactions, teach him how to behave.

a lot of effort, patience and possibly money is needed.

unlike usual kids who will know social norms, autistic kids won't know.. u got to teach them.. and most often, got to repeat again and again till they learn how to do it.

don't punish them as being inattentive or naughty.. they are.. special..

(edited)

come across reading that surfing can actually help on Autism. Thinking to bring out this post for any parents to consider if they have kid with Autism. I don't have one but hope to create awareness on this.

Edited by LoverofCar

If this is true, this would be a major breakthrough. Possible Nobel prize in medicine.

http://www.koreadailyus.com/korean-american-professor-couple-identify-major-cause-autism/

Looks more prevention dan cure. Those babies who are already born or those affected still have to deal with autism. I think story will be the same...those who can afford the antibiotics will prevent it from happening. Those who cannot afford it and living in poor conditions...you know. LL.

If this is true, this would be a major breakthrough. Possible Nobel prize in medicine.

http://www.koreadailyus.com/korean-american-professor-couple-identify-major-cause-autism/

I can't help but to read it with it with skeptism.

The Korean scientific body has be tarnished by recent scandal of fake research and reports and not to mention many medical bulls**t that stirs controversy...eg. alkaline water.

Moreover the article is as vague as hell. Until another more establish scientific body confirms the report I'm reading it with a pinch of salt...

Edited by Pocus

Agreed that it's way too early to comment. Studies need to be replicated. A causal link needs to be demonstrated rather than just an association.

I've not heard of anything about this on the medical updates websites.

I can't help but to read it with it with skeptism.

The Korean scientific body has be tarnished by recent scandal of fake research and reports and not to mention many medical bulls**t that stirs controversy...eg. alkaline water.

Moreover the article is as vague as hell. Until another more establish scientific body confirms the report I'm reading it with a pinch of salt...

haha did u know someone who was involved in the fake research report was nominated by the current president to be the science and technology presidential advisor (I'm not sure whether the appointment went through after a mass petition by korean scientists and researchers saying it will ruin SK research reputation).

It's like asking the Russian sports federation boss to be head of the world doping agency  [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement