Which cars dun need to fear floods in s'pore roads?

Cook1234

Neutral Newbie

do all SUV handle floods the same?

what about sedans and sports cars? is it true that flood means disaster for such cars?

with the freq rains in s'pore, does anyone have any views?

↡ Advertisement

Wh car owner/s do not fear floods or natural tragedy, over here, we are damn lucky, Orchard flood till knee level, everyone " Gabra Zebra ".

That 's why one of the reason my fren preferred to buy a SUV vehicle, rather than a saloon car. Higher Coe and higher petrol does the diff, Down with small cars

Land Rover Discovery with Snorkel Exhaust

It's an air intake, not exhaust.

Just like you go snorkeling you insert the snorkel mouth piece into your mouth and not your anus.

Edited by Watwheels

Tell me, which car is immune to aquaplaning? Unless you are prepared to operate your car as an amphibious vehicle otherwise the notion of "which cars don't need to fear floods" is moot.

Wh car owner/s do not fear floods or natural tragedy, over here, we are damn lucky, Orchard flood till knee level, everyone " Gabra Zebra ".

That 's why one of the reason my fren preferred to buy a SUV vehicle, rather than a saloon car. Higher Coe and higher petrol does the diff, Down with small cars

If only need to be able to drive thru floods and dont mind water flooding the interior: install snorklers duct above roof level for air intake, extend exhaust above the roof also.... seal key electrical points/lines etc.... ie follow methods used by all-weather off-roaders :D

you car may look like a submarine with all these pipes sticking out, but it will bring you to dry ground thru the floods.

Edited by KARTer

How about Big Foot?

Too kua jang.... just go for Unimog or used Vitara with high-lift arms/suspensions... :o[:p]

if you really want it high, use the container crane (can borrow from PSA).... its 10-storey high above ground with its 4 giagantic 'legs'.... [thumbsup] ... it can easily go over an Airbus 380 and still have another few storey of spare clearance.. :D remember to give me a lift if you see me wave by the road side :D

Edited by KARTer
↡ Advertisement