Which MPV should I buy if I need to put 3 baby seat in car.

Spartan

Hi bro,

I also have a pair of twins and a third one is due in Feb next year. I have just changed my MPV from a Honda Odyssey to a Nissan Presage. The latter gives more seating space, feels more spacious, has more storage at the back but the power pales next to the Odyssey's.

It seats seven adults normally but with a nudge and a shift to convert the second row captain seats into a bench, you will be able to ferry eight (including the driver) quite comfortably if there is a mix of toddlers/children and adults. I use the Presage for family outings (5 adults + 2 [soon to be 3] kids). There are eight proper seatbelts.

The Presage has been discontinued so it is available only on the resale market.

Hope this helps!

↡ Advertisement

There's one monster MPV ----- Ssangyong Stivc!!! 4 rows of stately seats

1st row, driver (husband) n wife

2nd row, children

3rd row, mother/father in laws

4th roow, maid cum mistress... [thumbsup]

[thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

The C4 Grand Picasso is 1.6L. Great saving in terms of road tax compared to 2L or higher MPVs.

I bought mine around May 2011. The car was around 1 year old, and mileage was 39k, which is higher than the 20k norm. But the price was about 10k lower than market rate. The car serve me well. It can deliver enough power when I needed it, as it's turbo high pressure, as they call it.

It's bigger than the VW Touran. And the price is comparable to japs such as Wish And Stream. The japs are very narrow on the 2nd row. Definitely cannot fit 3 car seats.

Edited by Sound

U want full size mpv or those mid size ones? I suggest u go for full-size ones like estima. Personally i drive the odyssey, very nice.. Drives like a sedan although it is a full size mpv. But may not fit your needs cos if u use the 3rd row seats, u wun have space to put in 2 strollers. I suppose the estima will be better in terms of storage.

Twincharged

U want full size mpv or those mid size ones? I suggest u go for full-size ones like estima. Personally i drive the odyssey, very nice.. Drives like a sedan although it is a full size mpv. But may not fit your needs cos if u use the 3rd row seats, u wun have space to put in 2 strollers. I suppose the estima will be better in terms of storage.

Estima also won't be able to put 2 strollers into the boot if you use up the third row. Tested many MPVs and none of them can accomodate one large stroller if third row occupied. Ended up getting two small cars instead. [laugh]

estima good

brudder.....looooooooooooooooong time no see......u go where?? Changi prison no BB ah [laugh][laugh]

nice to c u back....

no need buy MPV la....put ur baby at leg area....ur baby wont fall any lower that tat...

Don't teach the wrong way pls....it is very very dangerous to carry your baby while in the car....it has nothing to do with whether you have a safe or good driver...sometime things happen...a stupid car can just come knocking even if your are very careful....the least you can do to your loved one is to have some form of protection for them....don't you think is very selfish to belt up yourself while exposing your baby and kids to danger without giving them protection due to ignorance?

Edited by LoverofCar

Main cateria should be full size MPV with individual seats and asle to cross between rows of seats.

Last time the first generation estima and ford galaxy came with rotation seat.

This will be the most ideal, as care given craves the kids.

Neutral Newbie

Most people would buy a full-sized mpv if they can afford it. But most of the time, we have a budget to observed. So it is still finding a car that suits our our needs and still falls within our budget.

So

it is not practical to just go for the biggest or most spacious car, cos the biggest or most spacious car may be relatively costly.

I think you need to consider a "full-sized" MPV. Wish/Stream are out. These are what I term as occasional 7-seaters and they don't have 3rd row air-con vents! In our weather, especially May-Aug, the 3rd row air-con vents are a saver.

I have a citroen grand picasso because of our twins (1 girl 1 boy). the centre row is adequate.

on my overseas trips we have chauffeuring services using the presage and alphard; both offers very good legroom but kinda lacking in headroom compared to the grand picasso. but they do have good luggage space even with the third row up. the citroen is terrible if you need 3rd row seats AND luggage space.

however I do notice the presage has a pretty short thigh support - I don't really feel fully rested on my butt in that car compared to my citroen.

we have also considered an estima - good luggage space with the seats up but the road tax and FC puts me off.

sliding doors are really important. but that was the compromise I had to make for the citroen.

ford galaxy also not bad. with the Ecoboost the ride is powerful and the spacing inside is still mod ok. but the boot abit small for full size pram unless u got for those umbrella type