Is MF Global worth buying now?

Rubberstamp

Many thanks. So lucky. I am among those who are suppose to open account with them later this month after orientation with their Demo platform. Many years back they had not replied to my enquires. Now too late for them. They become history like Refco, which they bought over a few years earlier.

Many thanks. So lucky. I am among those who are suppose to open account with them later this month after orientation with their Demo platform. Many years back they had not replied to my enquires. Now too late for them. They become history like Refco, which they bought over a few years earlier.

Why do you guys take risk in opening an account directly with a US broker?

Unless it is forex trading where there is very little cheap alternative in Spore.

Otherwise, for stocks, options & futures, there is always US brokers like optionsxpress who has an office here and regulated by MAS. Not to say they won't go broke, but at least there is aother layer of regulation and protection since they need to fulfil MAS criteria first.

I wonder how are they gg to deal with the CEO, Corzine. He use MF global cash and bet on all the euro debt and fail big time which result in the bankruptcy... Next time big corporate better dun anyhow hire ex goldman sach ppl as their CEO. Their appetite for risk really out of this world.

Why do you guys take risk in opening an account directly with a US broker?

Unless it is forex trading where there is very little cheap alternative in Spore.

Otherwise, for stocks, options & futures, there is always US brokers like optionsxpress who has an office here and regulated by MAS. Not to say they won't go broke, but at least there is aother layer of regulation and protection since they need to fulfil MAS criteria first.

This one has got local office registered with MAS for currency trading. They also used Currenex platform which is easier to learn and more flexible than many others around. Can have multiple tier pricing with liquidity depth available to help minimise slippages. 1-click tradng with Heiken Ashi candlestick, lower leverage for begineers doing standard contract size.

But their US/Europe offices mis-managed. Oh dear...

This one has got local office registered with MAS for currency trading. They also used Currenex platform which is easier to learn and more flexible than many others around. Can have multiple tier pricing with liquidity depth available to help minimise slippages. 1-click tradng with Heiken Ashi candlestick, lower leverage for begineers doing standard contract size.

But their US/Europe offices mis-managed. Oh dear...

is there a place where i can invest directly into the stock of my choice with no middleman?

is there a place where i can invest directly into the stock of my choice with no middleman?

I am quite green to this. Not that I know of, besides your very own company/own Employer's (only may be).

I am quite green to this. Not that I know of, besides your very own company/own Employer's (only may be).

how is philips securities ar?

Philips or POEMS is ok, but their commission is high and has monthly maintenance fee for US stocks.

OptionsXpress is much better. They have an office at China square.

Neutral Newbie

as in any stock, for me, i would first check on the company's fundamentals and earnings for the past 5 years, as well as any future potentials and decide accordingly. if too risky, better not.

as in any stock, for me, i would first check on the company's fundamentals and earnings for the past 5 years, as well as any future potentials and decide accordingly. if too risky, better not.

SMRT lor.

safest and confirm can earn one.

So sorry. At the moment, I am only exploring with Phillip Futures on their FX365 Demo platform for currency/forex trading, unable to answer your question about their sister company.

↡ Advertisement