Horrific Accident On PIE: Pole Pierced Thru Car Windscreen!

Vulcann

Was travelling along PIE at around 10:40am today towards airport after the Paya Lebar Rd exit when I first saw a big truck stopping in the middle lane then many cars on hazard lights at the opposite direction on Lane 1 further down.

"Accident the other side," I said to my CO.

Travelling further down a horrific sight that you only watch on TV or read on newspapers of serious traffic which always happened overseas: A big metallic pole pierching through the front passenger side of the windscreen of a white saloon car!!!

Many folks have dismounted from their vehicles & congregating around the white car.

Not sure what happened but if you were there on either side you would know how serious it looked.

Just hope no one was hurt.

↡ Advertisement

:blink::blink:

OMG!!!

Hope the passengers/driver are not badly hurt........ drive carefully

(a case of improperly secured heavy item / pile on the back of a truck??)

Turbocharged

And maybe speeding too.

no need to speed. once you have very heavy objects on the truck, just a e-brake, it will send the objects flying to the front unless is very securely hold down.

This is what I have been saying all these while .... heavy vehicles should not speed and drive on the left lane. Many of us would agree that there is a lack of reinforcement and these heavy vehicles are speeding like nobody business on the expressway.

where is the enforcement for heavy vehicles? seen so many OTR with poorly secured cargoes that'll fall out anytime..and they keep weaving in out of lane 2/3/4..even the stomp site have reported many instanced..yet authorities not doing anything abt it :angry:

This is what I have been saying all these while .... heavy vehicles should not speed and drive on the left lane. Many of us would agree that there is a lack of reinforcement and these heavy vehicles are speeding like nobody business on the expressway.

I am still waiting to see whether TP will really go all out to crackdown on heavy vehicles speed on Lane 1 or not. I expected they will only do so after the s--t hits the fan. Whats new. [rolleyes]

Was travelling along PIE at around 10:40am today towards airport after the Paya Lebar Rd exit when I first saw a big truck stopping in the middle lane then many cars on hazard lights at the opposite direction on Lane 1 further down.

"Accident the other side," I said to my CO.

Travelling further down a horrific sight that you only watch on TV or read on newspapers of serious traffic which always happened overseas: A big metallic pole pierching through the front passenger side of the windscreen of a white saloon car!!!

Many folks have dismounted from their vehicles & congregating around the white car.

Not sure what happened but if you were there on either side you would know how serious it looked.

Just hope no one was hurt.

Let us hope the casualty do not suffer any permanent injury.

I believe the truck driver neglected in securing the goods on his cargo vehicle, then sevred into Lane 1, discharging the pole through the front windscreen of the following car. Need not be speeding/emergency braking involved.

I am still waiting to see whether TP will really go all out to crackdown on heavy vehicles speed on Lane 1 or not. I expected they will only do so after the s--t hits the fan. Whats new. [rolleyes]

s--t = heavy vehicle or its cargo.

fan = important enough person / his vehicle.

Good to keep a very safe distance between these heavy vehicle carrying heavy objects not only behind

them as well as if see them coming towards you from behind, better speed up or change lane.

its not the issue of speeding or unsecure load now..

i believe cos the crane mount on the lorry, the part came out cos it scrap on the bottom of the bridge resulting in it coming off..