Drive off-peak cars dun pay $20 tricks

Kiario

last week one of my colleague who drive red-plated car during conversation actually boast that he never pay $20 for driving during peak hours,

he then list out the few points he say will ensure you never get caught driving during peak hours.

1) never drive past ERP gantry

2) never drive on any expressway

3) never park in any ERP payment carpark.

4) make sure the trip is less than 15 minutes.

5) if notice got TP following your car, immediately drive in the direction of the nearest hospital, if kanna stop, quickly tell TP got family member in hospital and rushing there.

6) the latest rule whereby you can pay within 24hrs mean he will never pay unless he got stopped by TP.

knn, why got people so naive, but..........he have been doing this for many years liao, still safe.

↡ Advertisement

i actually believe coz he drove almost everyday to office during peak hours, if he really pay $20, it would have been more sensible to convert to peak license, yet he didn't and its still driving red-plated.

to clarify, i meant i believe he drove without paying $20 daily, not the points he mentioned.

i actually believe coz he drove almost everyday to office during peak hours, if he really pay $20, it would have been more sensible to convert to peak license, yet he didn't and its still driving red-plated.

to clarify, i meant i believe he drove without paying $20 daily, not the points he mentioned.

So you are posting this because you are jealous that he is so cheap? [laugh]

last week one of my colleague who drive red-plated car during conversation actually boast that he never pay $20 for driving during peak hours,

he then list out the few points he say will ensure you never get caught driving during peak hours.

5) if notice got TP following your car, immediately drive in the direction of the nearest hospital, if kanna stop, quickly tell TP got family member in hospital and rushing there.

6) the latest rule whereby you can pay within 24hrs mean he will never pay unless he got stopped by TP.

knn, why got people so naive, but..........he have been doing this for many years liao, still safe.

Haha....He forgot to say not to get into accident and not to violate any traffic rules like beating red light. Anyway there's no joy in driving this way. He just get the kick out of getting around the rules that's all.

Aiya this kinda thing just let the authorities deal with them, they are the ones who came up with the half fxxked system.

Every system in sgp I'm sure got ppl will eat too full nothing to do and test it to see what happens. Unless you also eat too full and show so much concern for these ppl I suggest you concentrate on doing what's worthwhile for yourself and your family.

Edited by Watwheels

So you are posting this because you are jealous that he is so cheap? [laugh]

haha, how often do we see TP on the roads nowadays.

Haha....He forgot to say not to get into accident and not to violate any traffic rules like beating red light. Anyway there's no joy in driving this way. He just get the kick out of getting around the rules that's all.

Aiya this kinda thing just let the authorities deal with them, they are the ones who came up with the half fxxked system.

Every system in sgp I'm sure got ppl will eat too full nothing to do and test it to see what happens. Unless you also eat too full and show so much concern for these ppl I suggest you concentrate on doing what's worthwhile for yourself and your family.

yup, he mention a lot of other points like yours too, actually most of us in the offices guess he never pay $20 all these years due to the frequency he drove his car, just that why would you go around telling people how to beat the system.

coz if its me, i would do it quietly.

Neutral Newbie

I don't believe he can have a sound sleep every night without worrying abt a summon in the mailbox next day..

Pt.5, with the new system of post paying, there's no need for TP to stop any OPC. The risk here is you'll never know when you get spotted by LTA.

Wah! So many rules to keep in mind and follow... no wonder they say that life in singapore is so stressful [laugh]

Is it worth the trouble?

Nevertheless, Rule 5 is interesting and may work if TP give you benefit of doubt, and anyway, nowadays govt is more forgiving and still give you 24 hrs to pay (Rule 6).

Rule 6 makes it easier for OPC to avoid paying the $20, by cleverly staying under-the-radar and undetected, i.e. avoiding all those gantries and electronic detection devices - and yet no consequences even if the driver slips up, i.e. as long as he or she pays within 24 hours.

yup, he mention a lot of other points like yours too, actually most of us in the offices guess he never pay $20 all these years due to the frequency he drove his car, just that why would you go around telling people how to beat the system.

For the same reasons that some people can steal 12 million dollars from his employer, but still must splurge on luxury cars, arowana, stingray, etc. just to let the whole world know that they are very clever!!! [laugh]

Where he stays .... [sly][:p]

Cos of low self esteem bah? Whatever he do in his daily activity he does not gain any recognition so he haolian a bit just to boost ego. It's common among aged worker who still hold a low position in his workplace. Or he's just seeking attention cos nobody pays any to him. Here in the forum you also get to see a lot.

Better not risk it. Pls tell your friend. Wanna save 17k and still scrimp on $20??? might as well ride bike to work. Pple like him spoil the whole opc market. Guess he forgot the case where an opc driver got saman gao2.. I used to drive opc actually. I quit driving one because:

1. Buying coupons or ecoupons is a hassle.

2. No freedom during daytime even if you bought the coupon already.

3. Difference from normal plate and red plate not very far off...

My worse ever encounter was the whole e coupon system downed for about 18hrs when I wanna purchase one. That was my main turning point.

haha, how often do we see TP on the roads nowadays.

Talking about TP, I do see them on the road almost everyday these days. So on the ball. Did anything happen that I do not know of?

Talking about TP, I do see them on the road almost everyday these days. So on the ball. Did anything happen that I do not know of?

Didn't you notice, no more women TP on the road with their scooters ..... :ph34r::ph34r:

↡ Advertisement